How do you entertain 16m old during flight?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twotwins, Mar 17, 2010.

1. twotwins

twotwins Active Member

We are going to fly for the first time with our 16 months old twin boys for a flight of 2 and 1/2 hrs.
    Do you have any ideas or suggestions how to entertain them in order for the rest of the passengers not to suffer too bad?
    I am really afraid that we are going to be unwanted at the end of the flight!!!

2. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

I have travelled with mine quite a bit and here is what I do: take new toys from the dollar store, lots of sugary/salty treats they haven't had before, an open mind, and I throw my schedule out the window. My last two flights went so well you wouldn't have known my children were on board. Expect the best, prepare for the worst. Oh, and try to befriend your neighbour passenger and the flight attendants.

3. rajeshris

rajeshris Well-Known Member

I haven't actually done this yet, but we are going to be doing it in a few months for an overnight internaitonal flight!! So I"ll be reading all the suggestions that people write here.

But a friend of mine who did the same 8 hour flight did new toys and brought a new one out every hour to keep her DD entertained. So just as the PP said--new toys, but maybe get 3 or so and take a new one out when they start looking bored with the one they have or after 45 minutes.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!! I'm so nervous!!

4. SarahONeill

SarahONeill Member

You are brave! Mine are almost 16 months and I just vetoed a trip from the UK to the States because I couldn't bear the thought of having to contain our two for that long of a journey. No way do I want to let them run up and down the aisles but I know that's exactly what they would want to do, and maybe I'm not doing the right things but they are not listening to "no" at this stage. Now, two and a half hours I would probably venture, but I'll also be keen to read this thread to hear others suggestions.