how do you fit three carseats in a car?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by danasacks, Dec 27, 2012.

1. danasacks

danasacks Active Member

twins will be 20 months when #3 arrives but are already ready for new carseats. the new infant will be in clara's graco 35 infant car seat. What kind of car or car seats do i need to get to fit them all in the backseat of one car? and how the heck will i get them in and out of the car?

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Diono Radians are probably your best bet for a 3 across. What kind of car do you have? All 3 should be rear facing at that point, so you can pretty much configure the seats any way they will fit.

That said, we got a minivan when we found out we were having twins. The third row has been so convenient.

Good luck!! And congrats!

3. danasacks

danasacks Active Member

I have a ford escape and husband has a honda crv (small SUVs)

4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Check out http://www.car-safety.org/, it has a great forum where anyone can ask questions! They have a lot of info on 3 across.

5. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

We have the girls in Diono Radians and we have a 3rd for baby boy, but he will start in a Graco Snugride 30 all in the bench seat of our car :)

6. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My twins are older but are still in booster seats. The baby was in a Graco snugride somethingorother in the middle, now he's in a Britax Roundabout. The Roundabouts are still on the small side and are higher rated and cheaper than the Radian seats. I also have an SUV about the same size as the CRV.

Your best bet is to go to the store and try out different combo's of seats or see if you can borrow car seats from friends to see if they work.