How do you get over the fear of miscarrying again

Discussion in 'General' started by hot2trottt4u, Nov 17, 2008.

1. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

had a very early miscarrage and waited one cycle as told by our OB
    just took two tests yesterday and both came back positive.
    i am over the moon happy but i am having a hard time letting my self
    get excited, as the last time i miscarried with in a week of finding out.
    still early my AF is not due till the 20th.
    so should i wait to call the doctor?
    we are not telling anyone yet.
    Need some good stories.
    any one have two miscarriages one right after another?

2. prayzGod

prayzGod Member

QUOTE(hot2trottt4u @ Nov 17 2008, 10:38 AM) [snapback]1073567[/snapback]
    had a very early miscarrage and waited one cycle as told by our OB
    just took two tests yesterday and both came back positive.
    i am over the moon happy but i am having a hard time letting my self
    get excited, as the last time i miscarried with in a week of finding out.
    still early my AF is not due till the 20th.
    so should i wait to call the doctor?
    we are not telling anyone yet.
    Need some good stories.
    any one have two miscarriages one right after another?

I had a mc at 6 weeks last october. I got pregnant the next month. Since I had just mced I called the doctor and asked if I could have my hcg levels taken. she faxed the lab the paper work and I went in. My first draw was 37. It was supposed to be between 0-50. I went back 48 hours later. It was supposed to double to show a healthy pregnancy. So we were looking for 74, it was 141. She told me it looked like a healthy pregnancy. I went in for my first visit at 8 weeks. I was measuring 10 weeks. So I went in for an ultrasound and there were 2 strong healthy hearbeats up on the monitor. It still gives me goosebumps thinking about the day I saw my 2 girls up on that screen. miscarriages are hard. But I put my faith in God. Sometimes you have to get through the suffering to see Gods grace. Grace, is my 2nd twins middle name, my bonus baby.

3. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

I was scared through my whole pregnancy...I miscarried just under 2 months my first pregnancy and with these two, I worried all they way until they were born. I guess that's not really what you were asking. The first time we hadn't told anyone yet so when I miscarried, I had to tell my family the good and bad together, which to me was worse...saying they almost had a grandchild...ugh. When we got pregnant the second time the BFP was much darker (not that it matters I'm sure, but the first time it was faint) and we told family immediately. In our minds, we thought it would be better even if it happened again because we would have their support from the start...maybe that doesn't make sense, but I just didn't want to go through it alone again if it happened (this was before I knew about TS)...which it didn't! We have our two miracles that never would have been here if not for medical technology...conceived with injectables and kept inside almost full term with terbutaline. I hope all goes well and keep us posted! I know how scary it is. :hug:

Just wanted to add that I think you should call the OB. I miscarried b/c of low progesterone so they gave me pills to help until my body kicked in to do it on its own. It can't hurt to let them know and maybe they'd do a blood test now to check the beta levels.

4. hot2trottt4u

Grace is also my DD middle name after my DH Grandmother.

5. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would call the dr. so they can monitor progesterone and just keep an eye on things.

As to how long it takes to get over the fear, well, I don't know that I ever did. My losses were before the twins. I never really relaxed the whole time I was pg. I just had to take in one minute at a time. I'm still afraid to try and get pregnant.

Marissa

6. hot2trottt4u

I called my OB's office and i have an 11am apt tomorrow.
    sounds silly but the last pregnancy that ended in a miscarrage they never gave me a due date so it almost never seemed real
    i would be great to come home tomorrow with a due date.
    i will let you know.

7. 2blessed

2blessed Well-Known Member

Good luck at your appointment!
    I lost 3 in a year with one month we didn't try inbetween each one. I could not carry beyond the 12wks it seemed...all my tests came back negative and than I decided to keep trying and we got pregnant with our girls. They put me on progesterone for the first 12wks as 'in case' even though my levels were fine.

I don't think you ever get that fear out of you, but you can certainly bury it and enjoy the potential of a new little one coming soon 9mths from now! CONGRATS!

8. ANGELA SHAW

ANGELA SHAW Well-Known Member

hun
    you have to relax and eat as well as you can,
    i have had miscarage, 2months later baby, miscarage, atopic , 3months later baby, now im preg with twins
    you can never tell what your body or babies body is doing
    try not to worry, the stress will not help you
    its hard & scary but dont be affraid to ask questions and when your not sure about somthing go get checked, i have always been reassured with a smile. take care best of luck angela

9. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

It is scary. I had a m/c at 9 weeks then couldn't get pregnant. DH and I finally got pregnant several years later through fertility treatments. After the MC adn years of being unable to get pregnant I was over the moon and terrified at the same time. I didn't even start the baby's room until I was 8 months pregnant. I didn't allow any baby things in our house until 8 months along. I did tell people right away becasue there had been so many supporting us thorugh our infertility journey.

your fears are normal, just don't let them control you too much.