How does he put up with me???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Mrs.B, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Mrs.B

Mrs.B Well-Known Member

We bought the twins cribs and I had DH put it together on Thanksgiving since we didn't have anything to do all day and just waiting to go to dinner. He put both cribs and the dresser together. Well when he placed it in the twinnies room, I realized that they were both pretty yucky and I wasn't too happy but I figured, they'd grow on me. On Saturday, I dragged him to USA Baby to look for the stroller & car seats and saw the crib of my dreams and they had it in stock!!! Cringing, I asked him if he would be upset if I wanted to return the cribs we already had. The good husband that he is - he said "whatever makes you happy dear", so we bought the new cribs [​IMG] DH patiently dissasembled the cribs and spent about 3+ hours putting everything back in the original packaging. He never even complained... I honestly don't know how he puts up with me [​IMG]

I'd love to hear stories of what your DH/SO has put up with too!

2. Mrs.B

Mrs.B Well-Known Member

We bought the twins cribs and I had DH put it together on Thanksgiving since we didn't have anything to do all day and just waiting to go to dinner. He put both cribs and the dresser together. Well when he placed it in the twinnies room, I realized that they were both pretty yucky and I wasn't too happy but I figured, they'd grow on me. On Saturday, I dragged him to USA Baby to look for the stroller & car seats and saw the crib of my dreams and they had it in stock!!! Cringing, I asked him if he would be upset if I wanted to return the cribs we already had. The good husband that he is - he said "whatever makes you happy dear", so we bought the new cribs [​IMG] DH patiently dissasembled the cribs and spent about 3+ hours putting everything back in the original packaging. He never even complained... I honestly don't know how he puts up with me [​IMG]

I'd love to hear stories of what your DH/SO has put up with too!

3. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

What a sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine has done nice/sweet things in the name of pregnancy but right now I'm very upset with him so I can't quite think of any. [​IMG]

4. MommyWannabe

MommyWannabe Well-Known Member

Now that I'm on bedrest, my DH has done a lot for me, but I'd say some of the more memorable are:

-Remodeling an entire room (drywall, carpet and all) in less that 2 weeks to use as a nursery.

-Since I couldn't attend my own shower, he went in my place (which in itself is pretty sweet), but then asked if anyone had a problem with him not opening gifts and bringing them all home so we could open them together.

-Going to BRU to pick up all the things we didn't receive at the shower, getting every single item off my list exactly, even picking up the diaper bag I wanted so very badly that wasn't on the list.

And I could go on. Meanwhile he's doing all this, doing all the housework and cleaning, working 50-60 hours a week and dealing with a new diagnosis of MS. (we just found out 18 weeks into my pregnancy he was sick) He's fabulous and I love him!

5. CapeBretoner123

CapeBretoner123 Well-Known Member

He loves you and knows the 'twin' hormones are dangerous! lol

6. sse02

sse02 Well-Known Member

He's a keeper! [​IMG]

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My husband painted the girls room - and couldn't wait to do so! BUT
    because he was in a hurry - he didn't prime the walls (they were a khaki color) and he painted the room pink! SO we ended up with
    a Peptp Bismol colored room when it was supposed to be a very pale shade of pink!! After MANY trips to Home Depot and several gallons
    of paint later - he fixed it!!
    and:
    He spotted a yard sale on the way home from work one afternoon - (WHICH HE NEVER EVER DOES) the sign said baby stuff - so he stopped!
    he bought the babies the most outdated little outfits I mean this
    is stuff like I probably wore and I am 35! and they smelled like
    MOTHBALLS!! but he was SO proud!! and I acted very happy and
    I did wash the stuff and hung it in there closet but I am hoping that he will not notice that they won't wear any of it!! it was very sweet!

8. Merijo

Merijo Well-Known Member

Awww, aren't these proud daddies to be great. Not all of the time but at least most of the time. I think my husband is was so puffed up at the last ultrasound (his first one with these two) he could hardly fit out the door of the dr's office! He puts up with a ton of stuff from me and is working every weekend to remodel an appartment in our barn (formerly a land surveyers office with a 1/2 bath) into a appartment for grandparents to stay in once these two make their appearance. Poor guy, he's never done plumbing before but the shower is installed and so far no leaks! Most weekends, he'll even take our two yr old little boy out with him so I can have a longer nap. I can only imagine trying to get real work done with ds around - hahah. It's a miracle they haven't done real damage to the place.

Kudos to all kind and loving hubbies out there. We are lucky!
    Merijo

9. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I love this thread! I really want to brag about my DH! I could go on and on, but really he has been so great by going to work every day, coming home and making dinner, while he cooks he does laundry, dishes, etc. Then cleans up after dinner. All the while serving me hand and foot, bringing me an extra pillow, water, etc. He'll go 20 minutes out of his way to stop by the store to grab my latest craving. 3 nights a week he drives our daughter to and from her activities - meaning he doesn't get home till like 9pm. He is so awesome!
    I'm feeling really guilty all the while - what did I do to deserve this guy?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. K.C.

K.C. Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Heathermomof5:
    He spotted a yard sale on the way home from work one afternoon - (WHICH HE NEVER EVER DOES) the sign said baby stuff - so he stopped!
    he bought the babies the most outdated little outfits I mean this
    is stuff like I probably wore and I am 35! and they smelled like
    MOTHBALLS!! but he was SO proud!! and I acted very happy and
    I did wash the stuff and hung it in there closet but I am hoping that he will not notice that they won't wear any of it!! it was very sweet!

This sounds so much like something my husband would do....and I'm like you. I would never have the heart to tell him. He has truly taught me the meaning of "it's the thought that counts". Like how he went food shopping this past weekend and I asked for some cheddar cheese to cut up and put on crackers. Well, he got 3 packs of it, and then went to the deli and bought A POUND of sliced cheddar cheese. Then came home like a little proud puppy all pleased with himself. I just gave him a big hug, went to the bathroom and laughed until tears came out with my hand over my mouth. Too funny.

But for me, it's not even all the work he's been doing around here on top of working crazy hours, it's just putting up with me and soothing me during my hormonal emotional breakdowns that makes me realize that not only am I a lucky wife, but my girls will be very lucky little girls.

11. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

OK, all of you are very, very lucky and it sounds like you sure know it!!! I've been off work since 28 weeks and he's been putting in long hours (sometimes 7 days a week) at his job for the overtime, plus he works a second job as a bartender sometimes on the weekend, so there are times where he works Friday 5 am - 6 at night, then bartends 8 pm - 3 am, then back up on Saturday at 6 am to work until 3 or so, then bartends again ... the bartending money goes into a "baby fund" and he is footing all the bills with the rest ... and in between he finds time to assemble all of the stuff that needs to be assembled for the babies room, run to get me a Filet-O-Fish with extra sauce when I want one (which is all the time now, what is up with THAT craving???), give me backrubs ... he's a good honey. [​IMG]

Then again, he has a big aversion to cleaning, and laundry, and making dinner ... if I don't clean or do laundry everything is a mess, and lately I just don't feel like it, so ... [​IMG] I really wish he would help more that way but oh well.

12. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

what a bunch of sweet peas! My DH has gotten much better - he now kindly asks if i need food or drink and brings it to me (of course, it would have been helpful if he did that during the first 12 weeks i was puking my guts out!!!) but - he was too busy doiing all the laundry and cooking, so i forgive him.

But - now he's out of the country for three whole weeks, so i'm a little grumpy. But he does call from india and send nice emails when he can.

As for "what did i do to deserve him" - to all of you: A LOT of things! Not the least of which is carrying these twin babies!

I love the laughing over cheese in the bathroom story! I, too, am very appreciative when he brings me things that he thinks i'd like to eat.

13. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

It is so cute to read about all the sories of dh's. Mine too has been so sweet about my moods (which seems to lack the happy hormone). He is not one of the doting dh that will get involved in the room decor or clothes buying and on the intimate side he has gone off a bit, but he always touch my tummy and speak to the girls and try to feel little kicks(which of course he cant but swears he has). even if we do have a fight he is always so quick to say sorry even if i was totally unreasonable (which is perhaps most of the times)

14. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] WHAT WONDERFUL HUBBIES!!!!

Mine is in the middle of his masters program, CRNA, and spends at least 80 hours a week at the hospital. He's a gem and does what he can when he can! But if anyone out there is willing to clone their wonderful hubby and send him to my house to help out in the meantime, please feel free to do so!! [​IMG]