How does YOUR 4 yr old say the presidents name ?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Moodyzblu, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Yesterday Jesse saw a pic of the new president and says to me ..
    "Mommy, I know who our new presatation is" and I say "Oh yeah, thats great .. do you know his name ?" and he says "YUP, its Arocko Bomama" :eek: :laughing:

I LOVE this age !

2. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

that is too cute and too funny :lol: I'll have to ask my 4 y/o nephew how he says it.

3. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo:

Ask him about Ahmedinejad too! :lol:

4. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

When I was four, I doubt I knew there was such a thing as the president. My kids know all about it, though. Ben calls him, "Bawock Abawma".

5. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fuchsiagroan @ Jan 25 2009, 12:51 AM) [snapback]1160779[/snapback]
    :rotflmbo:

Ask him about Ahmedinejad too! :lol:

I cant even say THAT !

6. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

LOL! That is really cute! :D

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

:rofl:

8. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I'll have to ask my 4-year-old tomorrow who the president is so I can hear him say it again - he says it really cute, but I just can't remember exactly how he says it.

Love how your little guy says it! :) 4-year-olds are hilarious aren't they?

9. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I love that! I think I'm going to call him Arocko Bomama from now on. :ibiggrin:

10. minnieinafrica

minnieinafrica Well-Known Member

Mia and Jacob say Barack Omama

11. JenniferBrz

JenniferBrz Well-Known Member

Rock Obamama here. Oh and the American flag is Rock Obamama's flag not the American flag....

Love it!!

12. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

:lol:

Too funny!

Michael sees President Obama and tells me that he doesn't like that guy. :eek:

I think his feelings of dislike come from the time that he wanted to watch a show and I wanted to watch something show about Obama.
    I kept watching Obama and Michael was getting impatient so now he doesn't like him.

13. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So funny!! I will have to ask the kids to say it tomorrow.

14. korie99

korie99 Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: DS says "Garack Obama". Now we all just call him "Garack" around here. :D He also says that Garack Obama is in charge of the WHOOOOOOOLE Earth!! :lol:

15. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

QUOTE(korie99 @ Jan 24 2009, 07:46 PM) [snapback]1160988[/snapback]
    :D He also says that Garack Obama is in charge of the WHOOOOOOOLE Earth!! :lol:

i wish he were, and i'm way older than 4!;)

16. TornadoAlleyTwins

TornadoAlleyTwins Well-Known Member

Mine say 'Obama' properly. Unfortunately, they're also convinced that Obama is their sister Beth's friend because she talks about him so much! We've tried to explain, but they just don't get it, lol.

17. klselsky

klselsky Well-Known Member

I have a friends dd who calls him Rocko Brama. Too funny to correct, so they just let it go and talk about Rocko.

18. alex&andysmom

alex&andysmom Well-Known Member

:lol: Oh I so enjoyed this post!!! I can't wait until mine talk!!!! something to look forward too :lol:

19. Anne-J

Anne-J Well-Known Member

Hilarious Michelle!! :rotflmbo:

My kids say 'Barack' perfectly and 'Hussein' too (they know a couple of Hussains here). But it's been 'Gomama' or 'Gobama' (they definitely picked that up from me) for a while now.

Oh, and they think he's the President of their school, "but he lives in Merica and Japan" :lol:

20. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

My girls aren't four, but are *extremely* enamored of Barack Obama and when they see him on TV, yell "BAMA!!"

21. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just asked Jo and she said, "Rock Obama."

22. Mom4Boys

Mom4Boys Well-Known Member

My guys say Barack Obama and Obama, but David asked why both guys, "Barack Obama" and "Obama" where President and why we couldn't have just one.

23. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

We were in the US from September to the beginning of January. My girls were both very taken with the sound of the president's name. At first they didn't even try to pronounce it themselves. When ever they saw his pictured they'd point to it and get me to say it then laugh at the sound. By the election they could say it themselves and would actually dance around singing Barackobama, Barackobama. I'm sure they don't realize that it's not all one word.

24. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Okay, I just asked him:

Mo Bama

Then he said, "Mama, do you know I really don't know how to say that name?" :lol:

Then he says, "Baronk Obamo" - now that's pretty darn close! ;)

25. aielloa

aielloa Active Member

Jack and Sydney came home from day care and said they learned about the new President "Rocco Vama" !!

26. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

My boys are far from 4, but I love the way they say it! Jack says Ommmmmmmmmama! and Jacob says it differently each time-- Omamama, Ooooooma, or Bama. Such fun to have a prez with a unique name such as his!

27. mmbadger

mmbadger Well-Known Member

At our house, it's Bama Rocko.

;)

28. cricket1

cricket1 Well-Known Member

Rocko Bama

29. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

LOL at this whole thread!

The boys say OHbama, emphasis on the "Oh." Matthew thinks the president is also something you say when you drop something - he spills milk, knocks over a block tower, etc., and says, "Oh darn. Oh bama" and it's all I can do from laughing until I cry.

30. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

My 4 and 5 yr old say it correctly. Barack Obama... but the twins cant/dont say Barack..if I remember correctly they say Brock. . . .but DD does the cutest chant saying obamaobamaobama... lol.

31. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

I thought of this thread today as the girls were sitting at the dinner table singsonging "Barackobama, Barackobama, Barackobama" He wasn't even on the news at the time, it was completely random :rotflmbo:

ETA: and as pp mentioned, definitely one word to them, hee hee!

32. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My Sarah says Pwesent Omama - Gotta love this age

This thread is cracking me up :rotflmbo:

33. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

My two are too young to even know what a President is... and my oldest is in school so he even has definite opinions about politics now! :eek: I don't ever remember having opinions about politics in 1st grade! :rolleyes:

Cute thread!