How early did you start showing with your twins?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by slr814, Aug 8, 2008.

?

How many weeks were you when you started noticeably showing with your twins?

1. before 13 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 13-17 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. after 17 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

I'm just curious when everyone started showing with their twins. Even though my uterus is measuring at about 16-17 weeks, if you didn't know me you'd never guess I was pregnant. Even some of my family members insist I'm not showing at all. So how far along were you when you started having a noticeable bump?

2. sv2001302

sv2001302 Well-Known Member

my daughter...around 4 1/2- 5months...first pregnancy
    with the twins....10-12 weeks

3. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I HAD to wear maternity pants starting at 14 weeks with the twins. And with DD i dont remember.. but it was much further..

4. Four_to_Six

Four_to_Six Well-Known Member

This time I was about 8 or 10 weeks when I had a noticable bump... with my other pregnancies (singletons) I was probably about four maybe even four and half months when I started looking pregnant.

5. ld2008

ld2008 Well-Known Member

I think I started showing the day i found out I was pregnant!! :lol:
    I was in maternity pants about the time I found out it was twins at 10 weeks.
    With my first it was about 16 or so weeks probably, hard to remember.

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

By 8 weeks, my normal pants were too tight and I had to go one size up. By 10 weeks, I had a pretty visible tummy, though it wouldn't be obvious that I was pregnant (as opposed to just fat) if you didn't know me. By 14 weeks, I looked pregnant even to the casual observer.

7. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

With my son I Started showing at 5months, I had a small bump, but people had no idea unless I told them I was pregnant. At 6 months I started to REALLY show.

With the twins, I had a small bump at 10 weeks, but it wasnt till my 16th week I really started showing, Im not in maternity clothing yet... at 20 weeks!

8. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

With my son I started showing about 4 1/2 - 5 months and with the twins I started showing at 10 weeks for sure. I was bloated anyway from IVF but definitely had a bump by 10 weeks or so. By 12 weeks there was no doubt about it.

9. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

i started wearing maternity pants around 12 weeks. with my 1st son i wore them around 6-7 months

april

10. chris629

chris629 Well-Known Member

My only singleton pg so far was my first pg. I started needing maternity clothes/showing at around 12-14 wks. Before that I just walked arond with my top button undone on my pants.
    With my 2nd pg, the twins, I started needing maternity clothes around 10 wks. I think you could know you were showing before that but I think to a stranger it still looks like you have put on some weight. To someone that knows you you woudl be showing. lol! I always felt like people must think I put on some lbs.

11. bmatlock

bmatlock Well-Known Member

this is my first pregnancy :banana: ....i started showing in my 16th week (i grew out of my clothes and had to go up a size at about 12 weeks but just looked 'fat' not pregnant).

12. k8t-1

k8t-1 Member

I can't wait to put on maternity clothes. We haven't told our families yet (will do Sunday) so I am still sucking it up!

I look "non pregnant" in the morning and more like 6 months pg in the evening!

I am 13w3days pregnant.

13. mamaz

mamaz Active Member

I don't think I can really say for sure....I've had back to back pregnancies. My 1st and 2nd are 17.5months apart and my 2nd and the twins will be 1 yr apart. I feel like I've been pregnant for 3 yrs, and I basically have!!!

14. soshea

soshea Member

I could see a bump around 12 weeks, and had to be in maternity pants in order to be comfy. But no one could really tell I was pregnant unless they knew. I just looked like I had gained weight. The first time a stranger asked me when I was due was at 16 weeks.

15. jordyn25

jordyn25 Well-Known Member

with my dd I started showing way later, around 4 months. I started showing with the twins around 10 weeks-and by 13-14 weeks was really showing.

16. jordyn25

jordyn25 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(k8t-1 @ Aug 8 2008, 03:23 PM) [snapback]920971[/snapback]
    I can't wait to put on maternity clothes. We haven't told our families yet (will do Sunday) so I am still sucking it up!

I look "non pregnant" in the morning and more like 6 months pg in the evening!

I am 13w3days pregnant.

Yep for a while I was so much bigger at night and would wake up feeling l;ike I shrunk-the past few days I have grown though and dont shrink as much anymore lol

17. ymillenbaugh

ymillenbaugh Well-Known Member

QUOTE(hardinfamtwins @ Aug 8 2008, 10:56 AM) [snapback]920726[/snapback]
    With the twins, I had a small bump at 10 weeks, but it wasnt till my 16th wek I really started showing, Im not in maternity clothing yet... at 20 weeks!

I started showing around 14 weeks (people who knew I was pregnant could tell, but I think mostly I just looked like I had a gut), but yeah, I still haven't broken down and bought maternity clothes. I just got low rise pants in a size bigger..... They should last a while I hope!

18. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

With my singleton pregnancy (first pregnancy) I was showing about 17 weeks.

With my twins, it was about 10-12 weeks.

19. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

By 11 weeks, I had a small baby bump. Since I (used to) have a flat stomach, those who knew me either thought I was gaining weight or pg. To casual observers, I probably just looked like someone who carries their weight in their tummy. By 16 weeks, it was obvious I was pg when I wore maternity clothes.