How far along were u when u delivered?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Love4sassie, May 24, 2008.

1. Love4sassie

Love4sassie Member

I was just wondering and I am sure other expecting mommies are to, how far along were you when u delivered and if early what was the reason for doing so? I am 33 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins and can't wait for my scheduled C-section June 23rd. As big as I am I am it dose not seem like I could possibly make it another month! LOL!

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I was 37.5 weeks when I delivered via scheduled c-section :)
    I remember at 30 weeks thinking there is NO way I can make it till my appointment - I was HUGE & TIRED!!!
    but i did & hopefully you will too!!
    Get lots of rest & drink lots of water :)

3. bray64015

bray64015 Well-Known Member

I was 37.3 weeks scheduled section, I was scheduled for 38 but I told my ob that I would start the cut mysleft if she couldn't get me in any sooner! Heah at that far along 4 days seemed like a month!! Hang in there, having my babies in the room with us and no NICU was amazing.

QUOTE(Love4sassieInTx @ May 24 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]791891[/snapback]
    I was just wondering and I am sure other expecting mommies are to, how far along were you when u delivered and if early what was the reason for doing so? I am 33 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins and can't wait for my scheduled C-section June 23rd. As big as I am I am it dose not seem like I could possibly make it another month! LOL!

4. chocomilko

chocomilko Well-Known Member

37 weeks and induced.

5. jjokitty

jjokitty Well-Known Member

38 weeks, c-section. I was developing pre-e and there was no sign of the babies coming on their own, so c/s it was. I remember getting to 35 or 36 weeks and almost hoping they would come a bit early, I was so uncomfortable! Hang in there!

Jen

6. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

I was 38w4d and thought they were never coming out! LOL

7. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you´re almost there!!

i got to 37 weeks and 1 day, scheduled c-section

sandra

8. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

33 weeks with a c-section due to possible placenta problems and high blood pressure. Babies spend 16 days in NICU.

Hang in there, it is worth getting as far as you can.

9. 3greysandamutt

3greysandamutt Well-Known Member

35 weeks, induced after one week of bedrest for hypertension and pending pre-eclampsia, then low fluid levels.

10. walker006

walker006 Well-Known Member

My waters broke at 35 wks, they arrived the next day vaginally.

11. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

36 weeks due to preeclampia one at 6 lbs 3 oz the other 4 lbs 10 oz they spent 10 days in special care before coming home. Oh c/section.

Heather

12. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I got induced at 37w2d, I had been 3cm dilated for about a week after being on bedrest for 10wks for incompetent cervix.

Good luck!

13. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Induced at 37 1/2 weeks. I had borderline preeclampia, if I did'nt my ob most likely would of had me hold on longer. I was seeing him twice a week and each time I hoped he would say today's the day. Finally on New Year's eve he said "I'm doing an induction on Friday, if you want, I can do you to". I was :a_smil09: :banana:

After 22 hours of labor I began delivery vaginally, but I ended up needing a c-section.

14. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

32 weeks. Emerg c-section due to pre-e (see siggy)

15. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

I was induced at 38 weeks, and my stubborn boys hung in until they were delivered by emergency c-section at 38+2

16. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

My girls were born vaginally at 30 weeks, 4 days after 12 weeks of bedrest for PTL. PROM for Baby A started things rolling. We spent 8 weeks in the NICU, but they are happy, healthy 5-month-old babies now.

17. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

38 weeks... scheduled c/s. I still joke and say if it wasn't for that scheuled c/s, I'd still be pregnant! I was about 100% effaced and 1cm dilated for WEEKS!

18. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

38w 1d induced with pitocin and delivered vaginally.

19. idtwinstx

idtwinstx Well-Known Member

37 weeks 5 days scheduled c-section

20. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

34 weeks after being in PTL for 10 weeks. Meds weren't working anymore (contractions every minute and dilated 4cm), and both babies were breach and they were afraid a foot would rupture the membrane... so it was an emergency c-section for me.

21. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

I was scheduled for a csec at 38w1d but I went into labor and delivered by emergency (although not nearly as emergent as some) csec at 37w5. Baby A, Kayci was two lbs smaller and trying to come out feet first! My ob checked me at a little after three and the babies were out at 3:36/7.

22. BeckiAllen1130

BeckiAllen1130 Well-Known Member

My water broke at 33 weeks 5 days!!! I delivered vaginally 10 hours later :D

23. hilly

hilly Well-Known Member

I was induced at 36 weeks due to pre-e.

24. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

Started labor at 27 weeks and started bedrest. I continued to dilate for weeks and at 30 weeks found that baby A was butt first and if my water would have broke, she would have ended up with a prolasped cord so they took them by emergency c-section, I was already in active labor at 9cm! Didnt feel a single contraction, I had no clue! No one knows why I went into labor early, I believe it was high bp since I have hypotension (low bp) and no one caught it, but we will never know. Spent 52 days in the NICU as mostly feeders/growers with A's & B's..

25. goody1210

goody1210 Well-Known Member

I made it to 37 weeks 5 days. I was suppose to be induced, but when we got to the hospital I was already in labor. 4 hours later I had them vaginally 7lbs 2oz and 7 lbs no NICU time. Hang in there. I know how miserable you are but the longer they cook the more time you get to spend with them and not time in the NICU.

26. esaesa

esaesa Well-Known Member

I went 39 weeks 3 days. Induced with pitocin, labored 12 hours and had a c-section. I know you are miserable right now! Rest!

27. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

I was scheduled for induction at 39 weeks 2 days and I went into labor the day before...I delivered at 39 weeks 2 days with the help of Pitocin.

28. jdio33

jdio33 Well-Known Member

I was 1 day shy of 38 weeks induced. They told me for WEEKS "baby A's head is right there, it will be any time". Well it never happened and at my 37 week appt. I started crying to my doc. that I couldn't take it anymore and wanted them out!! She said if I got a test done to check their lungs I could be induced earlier then 38 weeks. I was so excited about it!! However b/c it wasnt an emegency I kept getting bumped back for a week b/c there were so many deliveries that week!! The nurses acctually said they had never had so many women go into labor in one week!! So I ended up having them only one day earlier then I would have anyway!!!!
    I sort of kicked myself after to b/c one more night of sleep would have been great! :lol:

29. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

My water broke at 36 weeks exactly. I had a C-section. Jack was in the NICU for 14 days and Ryan for 9 days.
    You can do it...I know it's hard but it's best for the babies to keep them in as long as possible! Drink lots of water and stay off your feet!

30. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

I was 37.2 weeks scheduled C-section. I was on bedrest for nine weeks prior to delivery- and couldn't wait to finally see my babies and get out of bed!! :D

31. Kendra77

Kendra77 Well-Known Member

I made it to 37.5 weeks and my water broke. My doctor was going to induce labor if I made it to 38 weeks. I had been on bedrest from week 24-35 because of a short cervix. Then at 35 weeks my doctor wanted me to start walking around .
    After 36 weeks I was sooo huge and uncomfortable. One day I walked past an old man and he asked "Are you having twins ?" I said "yes" and he said "I hope you have them SOON !"

32. clkafka

clkafka Well-Known Member

37 weeks 6 days, water broke, but no labor. Induced and were born 38 weeks by c-sec.

33. agolden

agolden Well-Known Member

I was induced 39 weeks 5 days and delivered vaginally 1 day short of my 40 week due date. No bedrest. No time in NICU. Had a total of 13 pounds 11 ounces of baby in there.

34. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I went into labor at 36 and 2. My babies were 5.5 and 5.3 lbs. and needed no NICU time! (Vaginal- breech delivery for Baby B!)

35. mmbadger

mmbadger Well-Known Member

37 weeks 1 day, went into labor naturally after being on procardia from 33 weeks 4 days to 36 weeks for preterm labor. Babies were 5 lb 10 oz and 6 lb 6 oz...12 lbs of BABY!

Even though I made it all the way to 37 weeks, had steroid shots, etc., my DD still acted like she needed a couple more weeks to cook before coming. If I could have kept her inside, regardless of how painful it was (and trust me, I couldn't even walk at that point!), I would have...

Hang in there! No matter how huge you are, easier in than out! You're in for an adventure!