How long should I really expect to go?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Double Vision, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

I had a peri appoinment today and I am 33 weeks. Both babies are weighing around 5 pounds. Baby A is 5.3 and Baby B is 5.8. The doctors have talked and are scheduling my C-section for 38 weeks, but then she went on to say that I will probably not make it that long.

So now I am so nervous, scared, etc. I just wanted to see where everyone else stands? My son was born at 35, should I think these babies will make it a lot longer?

What week did your twins come?
    Were you induced?
    When is or was your c-section planned?
    How big are your babies?

Thanks for your input. I just wanted to see where you all have been.

2. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

You are doing a great job and those are great size babies you have in there :)
    My pregnancy was a hard one and I ended up with pre-e.
    What week did your twins come? 30 weeks
    Were you induced? emergency c-section
    When is or was your c-section planned? for 37 weeks
    How big are your babies? DS weighed 3lbs 9 oz & DD weighed 3lbs 2 oz.

I wish you the best of luck & a healthy and safe delivery!

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Double Vision @ Jun 15 2009, 07:31 PM) [snapback]1355649[/snapback]
    I had a peri appoinment today and I am 33 weeks. Both babies are weighing around 5 pounds. Baby A is 5.3 and Baby B is 5.8. The doctors have talked and are scheduling my C-section for 38 weeks, but then she went on to say that I will probably not make it that long.

So now I am so nervous, scared, etc. I just wanted to see where everyone else stands? My son was born at 35, should I think these babies will make it a lot longer?

Were you induced?
    How big are your babies?

That was the same thing they told me! They would schedule the c-section for 38 weeks but that I probably would not make it that far! WE DID! they threatened to take them at every visit starting at 30 weeks because of Addisons low fluid level - luckily it never got so low they had to take them. If your singleton was born at week 35 - you may have your twins early too but I don't think that just because he was born early that the twins will surely be - every pregnancy is different. I wish you and your babies the very best!

My twins were born at 38 weeks - by scheduled c-section
    My c-section was scheduled in Oct 2006 for Jan 3, 2007
    my girls were 6.8 and 6.9 pounds - baby B (Ava) spent several hours in the special care nursery for some breathing issues - just from being a c-section baby she was fine and we all came home on Friday (they were born Wednesday)

4. stephi5882

stephi5882 Member

Those are GREAT weights!!! WAY TO GO!!! My last growth ultrasound was last week when I was 34 1/2 weeks and my girls were 4lbs 8oz and 4lbs 12oz. I have a c-section scheduled for next tues at 36.1 weeks cause their placentas are starting to deteriorate. I've been in and out of the hospital since 31 weeks for PTL and have been on bedrest since 28 weeks.

5. elhardy26

elhardy26 Well-Known Member

babies born 35 wks 5 days
    water of baby A broke
    planned c-section d/t baby A breach
    babies born at 6 10 and 6 2

try to limit your exertional activities like walking a lot, I think to this day that's what made my water break... G.l.

6. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Last ultrasound was at 32 weeks and at that point they were 3#9 and 3#2oz.
    I was induced at 37 weeks and had a vaginal delivery.
    See my sigy for what they ended up weighing at birth.

I had my first stay in the hospital at 29 weeks (that was dec) for dilation, effacing, and PTL. My doctor was sure I would delivery in January. She agreed to the induction at 37 weeks because she didnt think Id make it that far. She even had me not schedule any appts past 34 weeks (the end of January). Needless to say I suprised us all when I showed upf or my induction Feb 20th. Anything can happen!

7. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

What week did your twins come? 38w2d
    Were you induced? yes, scheduled induction
    When is or was your c-section planned? n/a
    How big are your babies? 7lbs11oz and 7lbs10oz and both 20"

8. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

I was induced at 37.5 weeks and had a vaginal birth. I was on modified bed rest for the whole second half of the pregnancy due to a shortening cervix with funneling and they kept thinking I'd go early but I never did. My sons were 6 lbs 2 oz. and 6 lbs 9 oz. If I could go back in time I'd probably delay the induction a week to see if I'd go on my own.

9. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

36 weeks, 3 days due to pre-eclampsia threat (I did develop it, but it was a few days after the babies birth)
    Were you induced?
    I went to the hospital expecting to be induced but once there the doctors informed me for my health and my babies health it was the best option. Good thing because Baby A had her cord wrapped around her neck twice (a bit on the tight side).
    36 weeks, 3 days....the day I went to hospital for induction.
    How big are your babies?
    Baby A: 5 lbs 10 oz. 18", Baby B: 6 lbs 3 oz. 18 and 3/4"

Lots of best wishes for a happy, healthy twin pregnancy (and delivery) and beyond!! :banana: :banana:

10. melissa26

melissa26 Well-Known Member

Were you induced?
    How big are your babies?

36 weeks
    yes after contractions that weren't dilating
    I had a c-section scheduled but mine turned head down so I ended up vaginally delivering them.
    a.t 36 weeks 5 days they were 5lbs 3 oz 19 in and 5 lbs 1 oz 19.5 inches
    I was on bed rest from 30 weeks until I delivered.For PTL and shortening and funneling of the cervix.I was in the hospital 3 times for contractions 3 min apart that weren't dilating me(thank goodness).I took procardia every 6 then every 4 hours for contractions from 30 weeks until the day I was induced.I went to the hospital 2 days before my scheduled induction for contractions every 2-3 min.Was there all night and hadn't changed.Dr decided to induce me the next morning.when I went at 26 weeks 5 days I was dilated to a 3. and 90% effaced
    good luck and congrats on making it this far.!

11. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

My twins where born at 34.5 weeks.

I was induced, but I had extreme pre-e.

I had them naturally.

Makcy was 5lbs 1oz and Lexie was 5lbs 3 oz

12. TennesseeMomma

TennesseeMomma Well-Known Member

I had absolutely no problems until I was 30 weeks. Then Baby A (DD) had low amniotic fluid and I was put in the hospital overnight and then on modified bedrest. My doctor thought I would probably go 35-36 weeks...

At my 34 week appt Baby A lost fluid again, and it was determined I had pre-eclampsia, so I was induced at 34 weeks, 6 days.

Baby A was 5 lb 5 oz
    Baby B was 5 lb 15 oz

I wish I had planned a little better before I hit 30 weeks. I thought I had had no problems, so I would not be on bedrest and would just go into labor! Wrong! I did have some things done around the house, but I had put off some other things!
    I had some friends come over after I was on bedrest to help me get ready for the babies.

I think you should think positive! And hope to go as long as you can! But I would also be prepared to go early (after that 30 week scare, I kept my bag packed in the van!!)

Don't know if that helped!

13. debid

debid Well-Known Member

My doctor chuckled and told me not to worry about going to 40 weeks because twins usually come a little early. Well, we showed her!

What week did your twins come? 39 weeks

Were you induced? Yes. They were happy where they were.

When is or was your c-section planned? It wasn't. I was offered induction at 38 or 39 weeks due to elevated BP but my doc prefers to let you go to 40 if you are without complications.

How big are your babies? They were 6 pounds 1 ounce and 6 pounds 9 ounces, 19.75"

14. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

34 weeks, 5 days

Were you induced?

no, emergency c-section

never planned it, neither of us were worried about it until the time got closer

How big are your babies?

Alice was 4# 14 oz, Royce was 5# 4oz, no NICU time for either

15. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

everyone is different! And remember those ultrasounds can be WRONG!

I had nothing scheduled, as I was pushign for a vaginal birth (and got it!)

my water broke at 36 weeks exactly and I had my girls...5lb 1 oz and 5 lbs 4 oz.

16. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input. I am sooooooo nervous! EEEK!

17. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are doing great. I think the doctors try to prepare you for them to come early so it isn't such a surprise if it happens. They schedule a not longer than date to give you a target to shoot for, but remind you that they could come at any time so you are mentally ready if for any reason they come early, or need to be delivered earlier.

I was induced at 37w0d. Babies weighed 5 and 6lbs. Born vaginally, no NICU, went home 2 days later. In hindsight I wish I had pushed the induction to 38w and waited to see if they would have come on their own just to give them as long as possible to safely bake, but I had warning signs of pre-e so my doctor pushed for earlier rather than later.

18. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

:wavey: Stacy 33 weeks!! AWESOME!!!!

QUOTE(Double Vision @ Jun 15 2009, 03:31 PM) [snapback]1355649[/snapback]
    Were you induced?
    How big are your babies?

36w 3 D
    c sec due to my pelvis separating
    no c-sec planned/scheduled
    4lbs 11oz/ 5lbs 5oz

19. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

I was induced at 38 weeks and 4 days
    we planned to induce about 4 days before it was done.
    i had a vag birth
    Baby A 5 lbs 10 oz
    Baby B 5 lbs 5 oz

Good luck to you =)

20. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I had a scheduled c-section at 38w1d. My kids weights were 6 lbs 13 oz and 6 lbs 11 oz.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

21. Username

Username Well-Known Member

I was induced at 41 weeks. It failed. The babies came on their own (unmedicated vaginal delivery) at 41w5d. I believe the induction caused my water to break "early." My babies were 8lb3oz and 6lb11oz (or maybe 9 oz, not really sure.) I would not have agreed to the induction if I had done my homework properly and knew what I was getting into. My babies never saw a nursery or nicu.

22. korie99

korie99 Well-Known Member

I was all set to go around 35-36 weeks when I started having trace amounts of protein in my urine. It never amounted to anything though, and I went to 39 weeks 2 days! I never even had a contraction and made it to my scheduled c-section date. Baby A was 6lbs 8oz, Baby B was 6lbs 15oz. Alex was in the NICU for about 4 hours for minor breathing issues due to fluid in his lungs.

23. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I don't think I have ever heard of an OB telling a pregnant woman here on expecting that they expect her to make to her c-section at 38 weeks. They all say that they expect you to go earlier but there are many that make it without problem. If I hadn't had complications I'm positive that I wouldn't have gone into spontaneous labor until at least 38 weeks. This is based on my personal and family history.

What week did your twins come? - 35.3 weeks
    Were you induced? - Yes
    When is or was your c-section planned? - I didn't have one planned. We just took it day by day. We were always going to induce though and only do a c-section is necessary
    How big are your babies? - 3.15 and 5.5 lbs

24. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Double Vision @ Jun 15 2009, 06:31 PM) [snapback]1355649[/snapback]
    What week did your twins come? 38 weeks

Were you induced? sched. c-section due to breech twin A
    When is or was your c-section planned? 38 weeks
    How big are your babies? 7lbs, 7oz, 7lbs, 11oz

I wouldn't have gone any longer, it seems I was having contractions when I went in, but didn't know about it. Good luck! You've made it past a big critical mark of 32 weeks! :good: