How long was your postpartum bleeding?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by faerieprncs, Jul 17, 2009.

1. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

Just curious how much longer I can expect to be bleeding. It's not real heavy...maybe just like a normal period bleed, but I don't remember it lasting this long with DS...

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

With the twins I only bled for about a month.

3. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

10 loooonnnggg weeks! i thought i was never going to stop...[​IMG]

4. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

Mine was pretty much like a normal period off and on for 6 weeks then it was spotting off and on for another 2-3 weeks.

5. rebekahj

rebekahj Well-Known Member

I bled for over a month, even though I had a c-section, but thought it was normal. I didn't talk to my OB about it until I started hemorrhaging and got put in the hospital. :( Turns out I had an infection in my uterus. Not to scare you, but just make sure and talk to your OB about what to expect in terms of bleeding.

6. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

With DS I bled for more than 4 wks, with DD1 it was less than that but I don't remember how long, both of those were vaginals. With the girls and my section, I only bled for a week or so and was so shocked! It was never very heavy either.

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

With L&L I think it was around 4 weeks.

8. mrschenoweth

mrschenoweth Well-Known Member

For me, it was about 7 weeks. I don't know if it matters, but I had a c-section. I don't remember it being that long with my first child either. Then I didn't get my first period until almost 3 months after the twins were born (sorry if tmi). Again, didn't remember it taking so long the first time around. Overall, I really felt it took a lot longer for my hormones to get back in order with the twins vs. my singleton.

9. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

ditto! it felt like friggin' forever. my sympathies to ohjojo!

there were a couple of times i was concerned about the quantity of the bleeding & i called my doc, but everything turned out fine & my body got back to normal in its own sweet time.

10. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

I had a section and bled for 3wks and then i had my first perioed 4wks later. I thought 3 wks was along time but judging by some of your posts i got lucky!!

11. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I can't remember exactly, but it was less than a month. I had stopped by the time the boys were home from the NICU. I had a csection and didn't think I would bleed at all. Boy was I wrong!

12. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I was still bleeding at 9 wks... it had stopped and started a couple of times though during that time... it was never very heavy - even in the hospital.

13. Farrah

Farrah Well-Known Member

about 5 weeks, the last week or so was real light. i had a c-section.

14. DayDreamin

DayDreamin Well-Known Member

It will be 12 weeks for me on Monday :grr: . It stopped for a day, but then came right back. It's not heavy, just like a light period. I am SO ready for it to stop completely!

15. crescendo97

crescendo97 Well-Known Member

I bleed for 5 weeks.

16. fromthecabbagepatch

fromthecabbagepatch Well-Known Member

I bled for 7 weeks with my daughter. I thought that was absolutely insane, but was expecting that this time around as well...if not worse..being twins and all. However, I bled for only about a week. And even then it was very random. I guess they did a better job of "cleaning me out" this time around (c-section).

17. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

2 1/2 weeks. c section here also. Then I got my period 2 weeks after that.

18. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

19. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

Four weeks almost to the day. The actual bleeding (like a period) had tapered off for the most part by 2 weeks I think, if not sooner, and then it just got lighter by the day.

20. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

8 weeks... last 2 weeks were spotting. only used pantiliners