How long were YOU in the hospital?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by slavila, Mar 3, 2011.

1. slavila

slavila Well-Known Member

How long were you in the hospital after you had your twins? I kept forgetting to ask my dr. how long they will keep me. I'm anticipating a vaginal birth. Thanks

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I was in 5 days - I had a tough c-section and the OB kept me in the hospital long enough to make sure the twins would be discharged with me (and they were)

3. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

I was admitted on a Monday, c-section Tuesday evening, and came home Friday around lunchtime.

4. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

My boys were born by c-section on Friday morning, and I was released tuesday morning. Had they been a Vaginal birth I would have been released sunday morning

5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

C-section Sunday night. Went home Wednesday evening.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

C-Section on Monday night, could have been released on Thursday but opted to wait until Friday morning to leave.

7. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

C-section at midnight Monday, released Saturday. They kept us an extra day so that I could more easily see my girls in the NICU. I'd have stayed longer if they would have let me!

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had c-section and a tubal ligation on a Wednesday and went home that following Sunday.

9. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For DS, I had a c/s early Tuesday evening and was discharged Saturday morning.

For my oldest DD (singleton) it was vag delivery. She was born Wed. morning and I was released Friday morning.

10. Anneke

Anneke Well-Known Member

I went in on Saturday evening at 33w6d with strong contractions and gave birth on Tuesday in the afternoon. It was a vaginal birth, but I did get an epidural. I was brought to ICU immediately after and stayed there until Thursday evening. I went home the next Tuesday so I stayed in hospital for about 10 days total.

11. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Two days for both my vaginal deliveries.

12. MrsBirch

MrsBirch Well-Known Member

I was discharged the next day...however I was hospitalized on bedrest for 3.5 weeks prior and mine were 9 weeks early so if anything were to happen I was in the hospital visiting my babies anyways.

13. MistyP

MistyP Well-Known Member

Came home with both babies the next day

14. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

We were all discharged an hour after the babies were born (unmedicated vaginal delivery). Since I couldn't manage packing everything up and walking out of there quite yet we stayed overnight and left the next morning :).

15. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I had them on Tuesday afternoon (3pm) and was out on Friday morning by 10 :good: (C/S)

16. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I like maximizing my hospital stay - once babies come home with you, they are with you for 18 or so years! My twins were my third C-section - I stayed five nights because my OB had mercy on me and did not send me home to my two toddlers any sooner. I would still be in the hospital now - 18 months later - if he would've let me stay. I love the hospital! Only for positive, happy occasions like babies, of course!

2 people like this.
  17. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I had a vaginal birth on Thursday afternoon and came home with them Saturday afternoon.

18. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

for my first singleton delivery, I went for induction on friday night, i delivery on saturday morning, and was disharge on monday noon. It could be on sunday but since was weekend my Ob said for I stay one more day.
    Now, I hope will be the same if I can bring my twins with me, otherwise I don't mind to stay longer but i don't think they let me stay if I am alright

19. slavila

slavila Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. Just trying to get an idea of how long I'll be in there. We go in tomorrow at 6am for an induction!!

20. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I was induced Tues. morning and had them around noon (vaginal). I went home Thursday afternoon. So, I stayed 2 nights.

21. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

C-section at 11pm on a Thursday night, discharged 2pm on the following Monday. They would have let me stay another day but I didn't want to.

22. ECUBitzy

Woo hoO!! Get some rest tonight- you meet your kiddos tomorrow!!!

23. ~Christine~

~Christine~ Well-Known Member

You can do it!!! I am a bit jealous, but will try to patiently wait my turn :) Can't wait to hear your birth story!!!

24. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear how it all goes! Keep us posted :) I'm impatiently waiting my turn too

25. Username

Username Well-Known Member

Hospital birth with the twins and I stayed almost 18 hours. (8 and 9pm biths) I left the next afternoon as soon as I got off a pitocin drip. I probably should have stayed longer due to the blood loss and maybe the placenta still attached would have been figured out sooner. I had already been away from my other kids for too long though! (Failed attempt at induction at 41 weeks had me in the hospital for 3 days, then the 2 days I was there pre-birth because my water had been broken for so long.)

With my first child- we stayed until they kicked us out! It was reassuring to have nurses nearby if we felt like we needed them, they brought us food on a semi-regular basis, etc. I'm still amazed they let us take a real live human baby with us! (and we still have him!)

1 person likes this.
  26. ECUBitzy

This made me laugh!

We're still (14 months later) in awe that these babies are ours and that we haven't totally screwed it up yet. They seem to be doing great! I don't know that we deserve any credit, I think they're just great kids...

27. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

I was admitted March 31st and released June 19th :) This is not the norm though obviously. I had a vaginal birth and they would have released me the next day but my babies were in the NICU and they let me keep my bed as long as possible which was 3 days.

28. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had them Saturday morning and stayed as long as my insurance would pay... until Thursday. :) Scheduled c-section... no complications. My 10.1 lb VBAC singleton, I stayed two nights.

29. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i went into triage around 11pm friday night, was admitted saturday morning, the girls were born unmedicated vag at 10:30am, give or take. they offered to discharge me sunday morning but because the bed was available & the girls were in the NICU i stayed until monday evening.

30. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was admitted late Sun night and babies were born 1am on Monday. I had to have a d&c because of hemmoraging so I stayed an extra night. I came home Thursday. Vaginal birth for both. I think they also let me stay an extra day because the babies were in the nicu and they were giving me another day there with them.

31. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

Vaginal unmedicated birth. Baby A head down Baby B breech. Born Sunday morning went home Tuesday morning with both babies.

32. travellingmum

travellingmum Well-Known Member

I had mine vaginally on Thursday and went home on Saturday. They both had low blood sugar or we would have gone home the next day. When I had my first, I went home 14 hours after he was born.

33. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I had a scheduled c-section and I was in for 5 days. Normally it would have been 3, but I was running a slight fever and the doc wanted to keep me on IV antibiotics to make sure I didn't develop an infection.

Also, I think he could tell that I was a basket case (physically and emotionally) and wanted to give me the support of the hospital nursery and the hospital kitchen (the food was good, too!) as long as my insurance would allow it. ;)

34. Angelfish

Angelfish Active Member

4 nights with a scheduled c-section.

35. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

5 days for each of my 3 c/s's. I had problems with pain control during the last 2 c/s's. And the twins were in the NICU for 2 weeks. They didn't want to release me until the pain was under control. Turns out I needed to be in even longer because of after birth swelling. The NICU nurses couldn't believe they released me in that condition.