how many bottles a day?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Nov 15, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

at my LO's age (almost 6 mos) how many bottles and oz a day are you feeding them or did you feed them?
    they get about 6oz per bottle and 2 solid feedings a day right now and we're feeding them anywhere between 4-5 times a day. we would like to get them on a solid schedule (time wise...8, 11, 2, etc) rather than just feeding them every 3 hours. we would like to get them in bed by 8 every night.

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think at 6 months I was feeding them 6 oz every 4 hours during the day. So, 4 bottles, every day.

3. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ditto, with 2 solid meals a day as well:)

4. rajeshris

rajeshris Well-Known Member

OUr boys are 6 months adjusted and we are feeding 5 bottles a day. But that's b/c we need the extra feed (we do a dream feed) and one of my DS takes about 22-24oz a day and the other takes about 25-27 ounces a day. We have had some issues w/ reflux, so one just doesn't drink as much. IF we thought they would make up the feed if we let go of the dream feed we would drop it now. They also are fed 2 times a day solids.

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

At 6 months mine were taking a bottle at least every 3 hours and eating one solids meal per day.

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ditto that, and most of our bottles were 7-8 oz each.

7. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

hmm.
    so any idea on how we can do this? we would like to finish bathing them and have them in their cribs around 8ish. tonight we tried something different and fed them around 630, bathed them and they fell asleep in our arms about 5 mins after their baths. they are currently sleeping. we are prob going to dream feed. we are worried 630 was too early for their last feeding. i think i would like their last bottle right around 8. any thoughts?

8. aviatrixrn

aviatrixrn New Member

Our kids are 6 months..we try to give their last bottle at 7pm. We just switched from giving the bottles every 3 hours to every 4 hours during the day. They usually take between 6 and 7 ounces. We also do solids twice a day right now. Vivi, who isn't a big eater,is taking more now that there is a little more time in between feeds. It usually works out to be a bottle at 7am, 11am, 3pm and then 7pm. We give the solids in between around 9am and 5pm. So far so good. They sleep from 730-8pm to about 6am.