How many bottles did you give around 7 months?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Kimani, May 29, 2009.

1. Kimani

Kimani Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.
    So I'm kinda having conflicting views with my MIL (go figure right?). She tries to feed my boys a lot of food and give them juice. I'm still adamant in giving them regular bottles because I always thought that that is where they get most of their nutrients.
    So how many bottles do you give them and how many babyfood feedings do you give them as well?
    any input would be helpful! Thanks

2. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

at 7 months i was doing 4 7-8oz bottles a day and i introduced another solid meal for a total of 2 solid meals a day. i have only given juice as needed for constipation since i don't think they need all that extra sugar. i do give them plain water in their sippies though.

you are right, formula/BM is their main nutrition source, solids are just for fun/practice at this stage. i can't imagine how many containers of babyfood puree they would have to eat to get the nutritional value of a bottle.... and there isn't any fat or protein in veggies....

GL with your MIL!! :rolleyes:

3. KKing

KKing Well-Known Member

We are doing 4 8oz. bottles. Sometimes my DD will wake up at 5am (stinker) and I give her a small bottle (5 oz.) and put her back to bed. I "was" doing 2 meals and sometimes a few puffs or fruit in their mesh feeder, however they are getting their teeth and don't want anything from a spoon.

4. KKing

KKing Well-Known Member

Oh, and I have had to start doing prune juice (very little and watered down) for constipation. If it werent for that I wouldnt do any juice.

5. Lizzybo

Lizzybo Well-Known Member

We do 4 6-8 ounce bottles a day, 2 solids meals, 1 snack, and 1-2 breastfeedings each day. I also count the milk to be the main source of nutrition and count the solids as "fluff."

We don't give them juice, yet. We did it once in sippy cups and it was a sticky mess so only water or milk in sippy cups until they get better at drinking out of them, and even then we'll still mainly just give them water in sippies until they're a year old (I only give them milk if they have some leftover from their bottles).

6. bekkiz

bekkiz Well-Known Member

We have 4 8 oz bottles/day plus 2 solid "meals" and one snack (usually practice with the mesh feeder or bits of soft table food). I think at most they're getting like 2 oz of food at a meal, and even that is a stretch, it's probably like 1.5.

I just had this particular arguement with my grandmother who tried to insist the boys were hungry because they weren't eating "enough" during the day. I tried to explain to her formula is food not a drink, but all she kept saying was "How would you like it if all you had all day was milk?" Oh well, people have a hard time chaning their minds!

7. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

4 7-8 oz bottle and three solid meals.

8. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

we do 4 8 oz bottles per day (they eat about 28 ounces total) and we do 2 solid meals. they're doing 4 ounces easily for their morning meal and closer to 3 ounces at their afternoon meal. we're just now starting to add a later afternoon snack but they're not quite interested yet so we're not calling it a full solid meal yet.

9. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TandC @ May 29 2009, 07:23 PM) [snapback]1333392[/snapback]
    4 7-8 oz bottle and three solid meals.

Yep, me too!

10. Lizzybo

Lizzybo Well-Known Member

What I'd like to know is what our parents and grandparents did with us when we were 7 months old if they think we're doing it wrong.

I get the same thing from my mom, who also insisted I needed to give them water in addition to milk when they were 0-3 months old.

11. ShelbyJ

ShelbyJ Well-Known Member

We were doing 4 8 oz bottles a day at 7 months, but we were down to 2 8 oz bottles by 9 months. They ate solid food 3 times a day. Do what feels right to you! Thank your MIL for her input and then do whatever the heck you want to! :p

12. Kimani

Kimani Well-Known Member

Thanks you guys. She and her parents (babies great grandparents) have a way of making me feel like I'm starving them sometimes.
    They are southerners and just seem to have different ideas about how to feed the boys. They even give them sweet iced tea even though my husband and I ask them to not. It's a little frusterating to try and find a middle ground on certain things.