How many bottles do you own?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by EmilyorMLE, Jun 9, 2009.

?

How many bottles do have for your twins?

1. Less than 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10-15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 15-20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 20-25

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. More than 25

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EmilyorMLE

EmilyorMLE Well-Known Member

I was making up my nightly bottles just a few minutes ago and became curious as to how many bottles everybody has for their twins. I currently have 21 Dr. Brown's bottles. (I know it's an odd number, but they bottles come in 3 packs) Some of them are 4oz bottles that I'll end up having to upgrade soon.

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Technically I have over 25 because I still have all our 4 oz ones, but we don't use them anymore so they are currently in a plastic bag in my pantry! :p

I have at least 20 8 oz ones, I was making up 16 a day for the kids at the height of their bottle consumption but don't need to use near that many anymore. I got a whole bunch used from a twin mommy friend! :D

3. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I have 12 Dr. Browns bottles that I have used exclusively since they were a month old. I also have a billion bottles in my bottle graveyard in the basement that didn't make the cut. (okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration but it seems like we tried EVERYTHING) :)

4. bekkiz

bekkiz Well-Known Member

We have 10 5 oz Born Frees and 12 8 oz. I wish I had not bought the little ones, we only used them for like 3-4 months.

5. EmilyorMLE

QUOTE(bekkiz @ Jun 9 2009, 11:40 PM) [snapback]1348300[/snapback]
    I wish I had not bought the little ones, we only used them for like 3-4 months.

I wish I didn't buy the 4 oz bottles!

6. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

We have 12 8 oz Dr. Brown's bottles, but they only use 10 per day.

7. hsuter

hsuter Well-Known Member

I have:
    26 Avent bottles
    9 MAM bottles
    12 Dr.Browns bottles
    1 podee bottle
    1 nuk bottle
    1 Medela weird bottle type thing from the occupational therapist

Do I win the prize?!

8. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

We use 12 [I wash bottles about twice a day]. Though I guess if you count how many I OWN it'd be 24 [the 6 oz and the 9oz bottles combined ;))

9. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Jeez, I only have 9 (10 if you include the @#$%! Podee we tried once and couldn't make work)! And that's 4oz and 8oz bottles. :blush:

10. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I only have 8 8 ounce bottles that we use. I use the Playtex Drop-ins and just make a pitcher as we go.

11. mom2identicaltwingirls

mom2identicaltwingirls Active Member

I have twelve 7 1/2oz glass Doctor Browns and ten 4 1/2oz glass Doctor Browns which I don't use anymore. Those bottles are so freaking expensive, every child I ever have will be forced to drink from them LOL. Man do they work though!

12. SquaredN

SquaredN Member

We currently use twelve 11oz Mam bottles, since the girls were about 5 months old. I wash bottles once or twice a day now. Before that, we had twelve 5oz Mam bottles, and washed a lot more frequently due to more feedings per day.

13. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

We have 8 8oz and a few 4 oz - I just bought the 8 oz early on since I didnt think they would be in the 4 oz for very long. I have serveral odd ones here and there - I was trying to find something that was easier to clean while out and about - but they would only use the Dr. Browns.

14. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Why do you need to borrow some??? We have a bottle store in our cupboard for your convenience :eek: ;) LOL! Joking aside...our twins are SLOBS! We still haven't found the right bottle that doesn't cause them to dribble all over the place!! We used at first the playtex drop ins so we had 4 4oz and 4 8oz...then we switched to Soothies so we had 6 4oz and 2 10oz and now we use Evenflo something or another which we own 9 of! We also have 2 5oz Avents and 2 9oz Avents! Literally I think we tried every shape, style and flow of nipple before we came to the conclusion that they are just slobs!!!

15. LovingHappyHome

LovingHappyHome Active Member

This has not only been good enetertainment, lol, but very informative. We have been going nuts trying to figure out how many bottles to register for and what kinds to use. We settled for the dr. browns and the playtex drop-ins. I hope we made the right choice ;)

16. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

I agree with PP about the small bottles (4 oz)- don't buy them, they are a complete waste! Only get the 8 oz bottles- Dr. Brown's here too! When we were on a 3 hr feeding schedule around the clock, I would mix up 16 bottles a day, so I recommend getting 16 bottles. Now I just make 8 bottles a day, thank goodness! It's nice not to have to run the dishwasher every day now!

17. divababy

divababy Well-Known Member

we only have 6 bottles. dr browns.

in the beginning we had about 7000 (not really but i don't remember how many) born free bottles. eventually i found that it was way easier to wash just a few bottles than it was to have a zillion bottles and parts sitting on the kitchen island.

18. EmilyorMLE

I can't believe that "less than 10" bottles is the winner right now. I think I would go nuts washing them all the time, so props to the moms that do it! I can't wait until I don't have to run the dishwasher every day!

19. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had about 4 for my twins and 1 for Evan! :blush:

20. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Oh man, what a great poll!!

We currently have 36 Dr. Browns...we wash by hand! :vava: No dishwasher yet.

We tried EVERY bottle out there except born free. At our peak of bottle feeding we were using 16 bottles a day...so when we were 'trying' bottles, we bought 16...again, of EVERY kind!

So when we discovered Dr. Browns worked...we went a little nuts (the 36 does not include the slew of 4oz bottles we have....we also wished we hadn't bothered with them)

I need to get on Craigs list and try to recoup some of our loss...it's too bad, we bought some just because they were "cute" having Nooooooo idea they may not work!

21. lobolisa

lobolisa Member

QUOTE(EmilyorMLE @ Jun 9 2009, 10:39 PM) [snapback]1348267[/snapback]
    I was making up my nightly bottles just a few minutes ago and became curious as to how many bottles everybody has for their twins. I currently have 21 Dr. Brown's bottles. (I know it's an odd number, but they bottles come in 3 packs) Some of them are 4oz bottles that I'll end up having to upgrade soon.

I love Dr. Brown's bottles, I use them fore my twins. I onle have 6 though, of the 8 ounce bottles. My id girls are 12 weeks old and they are drinking 6 oz every 3 - 4 hrs. They are bigger than most babies at this age though, they are in the 97th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height. :eek:

22. lobolisa

lobolisa Member

QUOTE(Specky @ Jun 11 2009, 06:10 AM) [snapback]1349855[/snapback]
    Oh man, what a great poll!!

We currently have 36 Dr. Browns...we wash by hand! :vava: No dishwasher yet.

We tried EVERY bottle out there except born free. At our peak of bottle feeding we were using 16 bottles a day...so when we were 'trying' bottles, we bought 16...again, of EVERY kind!

So when we discovered Dr. Browns worked...we went a little nuts (the 36 does not include the slew of 4oz bottles we have....we also wished we hadn't bothered with them)

I need to get on Craigs list and try to recoup some of our loss...it's too bad, we bought some just because they were "cute" having Nooooooo idea they may not work!

Yeah, we don't have a dishwasher either and I only have 6 of the Dr. Browns bottles that I wash a million times a day by hand. But like someone else on here said, I don't like to have a ton of those pieces and bottles all over the place, so that is part of the reason I only have six.

23. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

More than 25 if you include the 4-oz and 6-oz ones we still have from when they were little. Now we have a rotation of 15 that we mostly use, all 8 or 9-oz bottles.