how many braxton hicks is normal?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jaam4eva, Apr 5, 2012.

1. jaam4eva

jaam4eva Well-Known Member

32 weeks with frats. i'm getting loads of BH- painful, with back pain, pelvic pressure, and period-like cramping. maybe anywhere from 4 to 10 an hour... i had a level 2 ultrasound today, and asked the tech to check my cervical length. she said it was ok, so should i be concerned that i'm hurting, or just not worry about it?

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I had tons of them too. If I were you, I would drink a ton of water, put my feet up and see if they stop. I would also go ahead and call the dr. It is always better to call and get their opinion than to sit and wait. IMO BH are really more uncomfortable than painful - i would totally call the dr!!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!!!

3. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I had lots of them as well, from like 6 months until the end with my girls. I also had them with my son, and loads of them. I remember walking around campus (I was in college) and having to stop until they passed. It was crazy!

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was told to call if I had more than 6 in an hour, painful or not. I was on bedrest though for a shortened cervix. It can't hurt to call & see what your doc says.

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I agree with Rachel, I was told to call if I had more than 6 in an hour with my singleton pregnancy. I would call in just to double check, especially with a twin pregnancy.

6. Lindala25

Lindala25 Well-Known Member

I also had a lot... more when I was at work on my feet a lot. I had them from somewhere around 5-6 months on, basically all day long. If they started coming more frequent, like more than 6 an hour, then I would sit down put my feet up and make sure they would go away with rest. One night they didn't go away with rest somewhere around 32-34 weeks, I went in to L&D. They hooked up to the monitor and they were registering as small contractions but cervix was still closed and thick, with no change over time so they were braxton hicks and I went home. I got my steroids around that time just in case although honestly I probably didn't need them. When I had my scheduled c-section at 38 weeks my cervix was still basically closed.