How many days are you in PJs

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by perfectangeltwins, Mar 16, 2007.

1. perfectangeltwins

perfectangeltwins Well-Known Member

I was just thinking because I am in my PJs, how many days a week do you stay in your PJ's all day long??

2. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Nothing fits right so I stay in PJ's if I am just going to bring DS#1 to and from school. If I have to go "out" I put on sweats lol But if we are going to visit family I go all out and put on jeans!

3. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

i said 3-4 days b/c there isnt a day that i get dressed that the boys dont decide to randomly spit up on me and there goes my outfit of nice clothes that fit. so i stay in pj's and only wear jeans if we go out...somewhere special...walmart gets pj pants and a tshirt but family gets jeans etc... LOL i feel like such a bum

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I get dressed everyday, it just makes me feel better. Plus I also have to get my 6 year old to/from school. We are close enough to the school that that bus service is not avaiable to us, so we either walk, if it's nice, or drive in the car.

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I force myself to get dressed every day, whether I want to or not. It somehow always makes me feel better & I feel like I am more my normal self, if that makes sense. I did the same thing when I was pregnant, refused to give in to the pajama thing no matter how bad I felt. It just works for me! [​IMG]

6. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

I wear sweats all day but if I go anywhere, even to wal-mart, I put my jeans on...

7. KimberlyF

KimberlyF Well-Known Member

I take a shower every morning and get dressed in sweats. If I go out anywhere, even for our daily walk, I put on jeans.

8. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

I get dressed everyday, but 5 out 7 days I am wearing sweats!

9. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

My pj's are my sweatpants...all day, everyday!! I use to be a gym teacher and coach...so not much has changed [​IMG]

I put on a pair of jeans the other day and almost started to cry...why put myself through that when I look HOT HOT HOT in my sweats!! hahahahahhaha

jen

10. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

Up until they were 4 months old I was routinely in my pj's, then as things got easier I started getting dressed almost daily.

Kristi
    Molly and Zach 9 months

11. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I answered never, I always get dressed. But in the early days there were many, many all-day PJ days!!

12. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

I hardly get dressed unless I have somewhere to go, Im just not comfy in jeans

13. Heather C

Heather C Well-Known Member

about half the time,. but i consider pjs to be my "uniform" of exercise/yoga type pants from old navy and a t-shirt. the waist is stretchy and the shirt doesn't cling,. so that makes me feel better. i still cant tell what size i will end up being,. my hips are narrow but i have a big kangaroo pouch still that i'm guessing is with me to stay. i feel like if i buy new clothes now it's a bad investment so that's my excuse,. but i do always put on some concealer and mascara if i have a minute that makes me feel better.

14. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get dressed, hoping it will make me feel more part of the world. However, since none of my clothes fit me anymore, it's kinda depressing. Sigh. 1-2 times a week, if I dont' have to be anywhere, I stay in the pjs. Might as well be comfy!

15. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

I'm also trying to get dressed every day. I think it will help me feel more human and maybe then I could get some work done. I'm doing a little better each week I think. But nothing fits and putting my maternity clothes back on is just too depressing, so 3-4 times a week I'm still in my pjs when DH comes home. The craziest part is when I change clothes from yesterday's pjs into today's pjs with no 'real' clothes in between! [​IMG]

16. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I make sure I get changed into at least sweatpants every day. I try to do this by midmorning, but sometimes it doesn't happen until the twins are napping (if I want a shower).

17. TeeandGee

TeeandGee Well-Known Member

I actually change out of my PJs (which consists of t-shirt & boxers) each morning. I change into lounging pants (sweats or pyjama bottoms) and a t-shirt. I only put on jeans or other pants if I am going out of the house or if someone is coming over. I prefer to be comfortable all day while I am up and down off the floor with the girls.

18. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I get dressed every day unless I'm sick. It seems weird to do my "job" as a Mod in PJ's kwim? [​IMG]

19. matwetwins

matwetwins Well-Known Member

At 9:50 I get out of my PJ's into my exercise clothes and then I get some sweats or something like that on. In my world that is considered dressed so I voted I always get dressed.

20. kristie75

kristie75 Well-Known Member

I always get dressed, many days in sweats, but I WISH I could stay in pjs all day. [​IMG]

21. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I get dressed every day as soon as my babies take a nap. That's one promise I made myself, we'll all get dressed every single day and we try to get out of the house every day (unless it's really bad, and it has been really cold since they were born).

22. delby23

delby23 Well-Known Member

I said 3-4 times per week. Somedays I just feel like "what's the point" if I'm going to be in the house all day feeding babies and doing laundry. But, if I go anywhere then I put on jeans. Somedays it just makes me feel somewhat "normal" to put on jeans and a shirt, other than a t-shirt[​IMG] This will change soon, as I go back to work in 2 weeks[​IMG] Then, I'm sure I'll miss running around in my pj pants!

23. Katja

Katja Well-Known Member

I get dressed every day it just makes me feel better. I wear sweats.
    I did however invest in some cute sweats and T-shirts.

24. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I get dressed everyday. But that consists of sweats. I basically get out of my pjs to put on clothes that are a tad nicer! NOTHING fits me still!!! I did not want to buy new clothes for the winter (I had one pair of nice pants for when I had somewhere to go at night.) Now that it is getting warmer, I need to get spring clothes since I will be going out more.

25. ~rosie~

~rosie~ Well-Known Member

I said 3-4 times a week, but I have been making an effort to go somewhere every day, so I think it's probably only 1-2 now that I think about it.

I only have one pair of jeans that fit, so I try to not just wear them around the house, so that they're "clean" when I need to go out. "Going out" btw, means going somewhere in the car or where I need my purse. The mailman and neighbors are all used to seeing me in PJs. I thought about being embarrassed by that, but why. They don't care. My one (85 yo) neighbor himself wears "house pants" and an undershirt that's little more than PJs, so often the mailman is the only one wearing real clothes when we're all out there gabbing.