How many days / weeks / months in between

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Sofiesmom, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I am just wondering. My oldest walked just before 15 months, really well from the start. She was fairly late with everything (gross motor skill wise) but once she got it, she was fast.

My twin girl started walking at 13 1/2 months. She had been the fastest so far. My boy was kind of in between, faster than my oldest but he's not walking yet (cruising, everything but not walking by himself, hardly standing by himself). I am not worried ... I was just wondering ... how many months difference will there be? They'll be 15 months in 2 days.

P.S. My hubby walked at 16 months (I was also just before 15 months) so I think he's following his footsteps.

2. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

My DS walked at 11 months...my DD didn't start 13 months.

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nolan walked the day before his first birthday, Meghan walked exactly a month later. My singleton walked at 10 months!

4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Ian walked on his first birthday and Abby walked 2 weeks later - however when Ian started walking he'd do the "3 step drop" walk 3 or 4 steps and then drop and crawl - Abby started walking and never looked back or crawled again (but then again she actually stood and cruised before she crawled because she HATED tummy time!)

5. EMc2

EMc2 Well-Known Member

Hi
    I thought Eve would never walk. They're 22 months now. Syani started at 11.5 months. She's older by 4 mins. Eve didn't start walking til 15 months. She was way more cautious, even when she did start it took her a couple of weeks to go completely upright. I thought the poor thing was going to wear her knees clean through!

6. PetiteFleur

PetiteFleur Well-Known Member

DD started walking at 10mo and her brother was just about a month later at 11 months. Believe me, I wouldn't have minded if either took a bit longer! ;)

7. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

10months and 13 months

8. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

My girls were 2 days apart, at 14 months old. They've always followed right behind each other with everything.

9. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

DD was almost always 2nd in milestones, but she walked first at about exactly 13 months. About 3 weeks later DS started walking. So, both were 13 months, just a few weeks apart.

10. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Baby B, my dd, walked at 14 months and two weeks later Baby A, my ds, started walking. :)

11. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

Jonathan, Baby A, started walking right before his first birthday. James, Baby B, started walking at 13 months, so just about a month apart.

12. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

ds walked at about 13 months
    ds walked at about 17 months. Just depends on the child.

My first 2 both walked early, 12 and 10 months.

13. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Marc walked first 1 day before their first birthday, Jon walked a week later.

14. Mine both walked at about 11mo but a week apart...
    My DD walked after her 1 yr bday ( a week or so later)

15. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

DS1: just shy of 10 mos
    DS2: 12 mos
    DD1: just shy of 10 mos
    DD2: 11 mos

16. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

One of my boys took his first steps on Thanksgiving last year at 11 months, I think it was about a week or within the week that his brother took his first steps.

17. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

There were 9.5 very long months between twin A and twin B walking. Lily walked at 11 months actual, Grace at 20.5 months.

18. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Derek walked at 12.5 months and Tyler followed about 3 weeks after.

19. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I might have the longest stretch! Bea walked at a week before she turned 11 months. Ainsley walked just before 19 months! So, that's 8 months. Bea was also walking before Ainsley even started crawling. I think she had just started scooting on her bottom.

20. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Sofia walked around 9.5 months and Ryan walked at 11 months. So they had 1.5 months difference.

21. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Katelyn walked at 11 months and Blake walked at 12 months. So 1 month difference.

22. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

My son walked at exactly 9mths. Katrina (baby B) walked at about 9 1/2 mths and Kira walked about 3wks to a mth after her.

23. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

My son (Baby B) walked at 10 months, my daughter (Baby A) walked at 11 months.

24. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

I'm trying not to get nervous. Kara walked at 13 months, Ella is 15 months and not walking more than a few steps at a time. Everything else seems great for her, but this is making me nervous!

25. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

It was literally less than TWO MINUTES between when Nick walked and Joe walked.

They had been taking tentative steps here and there for about a week.

Then, Nick walked about 3-4 steps across to me. Dh & I were so excited that we were hooting and hollering, jumping up and down, cheering and clapping screaming "YAY NICKY!". Joe wanted in on the action, and I'll be damned if he didn't pull himself up on the couch and do the EXACT SAME THING!

Sigh...thanks for that fun little trip down memory lane. :)

edited for spelling.

26. Joyful

Joyful Well-Known Member

Both walked at 11 months. DD about two weeks before DS because of DS's rotund belly :)

27. twinmommy2ank

twinmommy2ank Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]I thought it was forever and a day before my little prince started walking. DD started trying to walk ever since 9 months then full blown out walking at 12 months (well a week before her bday). DS started walking at 13 months. What made it seem so long is the attempt portion we saw it more with DD and DS just got up one day and started to walk. :rotflmbo:

:love0028:
    A Twincicle Mommy from our Local Club told me something that I have to keep reminding myself (We are lucky enough to have a child right next to the other to compare, remember they are individuals that happen to be born on the same day!).
    [/SIZE]

28. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

Ava, my baby B, walked the day before she was 14 months while Evan walked the day before his 15th month. Ava has always been ahead of Evan in the milestone department :D

29. Cheryl O.

Cheryl O. Well-Known Member

My singleton walked at 14 months - out of the twins my Sarah (baby B) walked at 14 months - and Jess (my baby A) at 15 months.

30. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Jazzy was 11 months and Jessy was 15 months :eek:

31. LLA

LLA Well-Known Member

My boys walked on the same day (they were 11 months).

32. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Baby B started exactly one week after Baby A.

33. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

My girls were within a week of each other. Jade first just days after their first birthday. And Melissa was not be be outdone!