How many diapers do you go through in a day?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by natmarie, Mar 28, 2007.

1. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

Just curious how many diapers you all go through in a day. I am sure it depends on the baby.

I go through an average of 18-20 day. I cheat a little though, my toddler is still in diapers. [​IMG]

2. mooshie

mooshie Well-Known Member

a zillion I think! lol! hehe j/k ok it's more like 15-20, but I also have a toddler in diapers.

I'm very lucky though. we got TONS of newborn and premie diapers as shower gifts, so we've just now moved the twins up to size 1 diapers, and never bought a single newborn diaper. I dread the day that we run out of gift diapers. I'm afraid it's comming very soon tough. [​IMG] but anyway that's our total.
    Michelle

3. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Its interesting, my babies seem to go at once if that makes sense. One minute the diaper is bone dry and literally the next its sopping wet. We go through about 10 diapers a day for both. They get changed right before bed as we have "overnight" diapers for them regardless of how wet or dry the diaper is.

4. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

We go through a minimum of 12 diapers a day. We have a 2 year old too.

Cari

5. kristimom22

kristimom22 Well-Known Member

never counted- i think it would be too depressing to know how much i spend on them!

6. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

We go through between 8-10 diapers a day for both. Thankfully I bought a lot of diapers on sale when they were newborns I havn't had to buy any yet. But I only have a box and a half left so I need to buy some soon.

7. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

We are going through about 15 diapers a day... it was 20 right at first... now they are going more "at once" and not every 10min... or right after a clean diaper. dont you love that?

8. brooke78

brooke78 Well-Known Member

I can't believe you all have the time to count. Well, i guess I could check my notes. But i am not sure i write every diaper change down. It seems like a gabillion x 2 lol

9. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Probably about 8-10. We change in the a.m., before next two feedings and before bed. Add to that a couple of poopy ones, and there's my count! I estimated in the first couple of months it was 14-18 per day. YIKES!

10. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

I would have to guess on average about 10. It all depends on how many poops they have a day.

Someone mentioned not having to buy diapers yet. At 8 1/2 months we have not bought baby wipes and still have two BOXES (not containers) under DD's crib. I bet we'll go a whole year without purchasing any. YIPPIE!

11. 4boysandme

4boysandme Well-Known Member

My DH and I were just talking about this last night actually! [​IMG] I think we also go through about 20 or so a day. That all depends, like you all have said, on how many dirty diapers we have in a day also. With teething that has been up to 4 a day sometimes...thankfully not lately!

12. becky5

becky5 Guest

I have no clue! [​IMG]

13. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Stephanie M:
    Someone mentioned not having to buy diapers yet. At 8 1/2 months we have not bought baby wipes and still have two BOXES (not containers) under DD's crib. I bet we'll go a whole year without purchasing any. YIPPIE!

How did you do that?

14. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I changed them at every feeding, so every 2-3 hours I changed them... unless of course they had diahrreah or something and I changed them more frequently.

15. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

When I first came home we justed about 40 diapers a day. Now we are down to about 12-14 diapers a day.

16. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

about 10-12 depending on how many poops happen...

oh and it NEVER fails they poop 5 minutes after I change a pee diaper!