How many weeks post pard?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by tracilynn, Jun 17, 2010.

1. tracilynn

tracilynn Well-Known Member

How many weeks pp was it ok for you to take a tub bath and/or have sex? For c sec moms? Thanks :)

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sex was at least 6 wks, per my dr's orders, but I had no sex drive anyways! :lol: Tub baths, I never could remember how long my dr said, but once my incision was completely closed I think around 2 wks are so, I started taking baths, making sure to dry it super good and sometimes even put baby powder on it to make sure it was dry. You may want to ask your dr though, like i said I couldn't remember how long he said to wait! I was impatient, I love my nightly bath! :p

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't have a c-section but it was always 6 weeks for sex. Tub baths were different, I always got different answers depending on who I asked, some said a couple of weeks, some said a month & I'm sure it would be different for c-sections anyway. I would definitely check with your doctor on that one.

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I had a c-section and I had to wait on a tub bath until my staples were out and my incision had completely healed...it was several weeks. When they take out the staples, getting the incision soaking wet (as in a bath) could still cause the incision to reopen or come apart in areas were it may not be finished healing, so I had to stay away from that. I wasn't given the okay for sex until 6 weeks as well.

5. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

My OB told me 6 weeks for both.

6. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

same situation as danielle, i was allowed to at 6 weeks but boy-oh-boy i wasn't the slightest bit interested. :pardon:

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I don't remember about tub baths as I had a gaping hole in my stomach that didn't close for nearly 10 weeks PP - sex - got the ok at 6 weeks....

8. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

I was initially told 6 weeks sex but got clearance at 4 weeks...but didn't tell DH that!

Tub was after 2 weeks. OB just said to pat dry well but I was lucky enough to heal very fast with no redness or infection.

9. Amylwood

Amylwood Well-Known Member

I was told 6 weeks for both but I was nowhere near ready for the sex part! I was so sore!! The twins were my first c-section after having 3 vaginal births and in my opinion it was horrible!! I have never been so sore after a delivery. Don't push yourself. Do what you are comfortable with.