How many weeks were you when you delivered?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by *Mandy*, Sep 10, 2009.

1. *Mandy*

*Mandy* Member

This is sort of a spin off to my other thread.

How many weeks were you when you went into labor and did labor start on it's own (like did your water break) or were you induced?

Did you have Identical or Fraternal?

Thanks girls!

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

37 1/2 weeks.
    My water broke (and then I was put on pitocin because nothing was happening - ended up with a c-section).
    Fraternal.

3. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

37w3d planned c-section due to Baby A being breech and Baby B being transverse. My boys are di/di identical.

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

28 weeks 1 day, identical girls. I went into PTL at 24 weeks, and thanks to all the meds and such they were able to hold off delivering them for 4 more weeks.

5. lorileahb

lorileahb Well-Known Member

37 weeks 3 days - minor contractions every 2-5 minutes and dialated 5 cm. Went to L&D for regular delivery since both babies (boy/girl) were head down(including pitocin to strengthen contractions)- emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord when they broke my water.

6. lleddinger

lleddinger Well-Known Member

My dd had her mo/di twins at 36w 1d via scheduled c/s.

7. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

39 weeks on the dot, home induction with castor oil, identical girls. Vaginal birth.

Our peri told us our girls were di-di, but I have some doubt. They definitely had their own sacs, but we discovered we were having twins at 19 weeks and the placenta at some point fused. So was it one all along (mono-di) or a fused di-di set-up? Who knows? We tested DNA after birth and confirmed our guess that they were MZ.

8. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

I delivered at 35 weeks and 3 days due to premature labor and pre-e. My water did break on it's own but because I was on mag sulfate they had to also give me pitocin. My baby A was born vaginally and baby B was born via emergency c-section due to her position and my bleeding. Both did great and were breathing on their own. They are identical(mono-di).

9. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

38 weeks, 1 day.

Induced

Fraternal (b/g)

10. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

I was 35wk 4d, with my mono/di girls.

I was induced due to pre-e, but ended up with a c section due to not inability to dilate.

11. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

38 weeks, induced, fraternal twins.

12. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

38w5d water broke csection after 27 hours of labor and still at 5cm

13. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

38 weeks and 2 days.
    Induced - labor total five hours....delivered vaginally with no complications.

Fraternal boy/girl twins!

14. Pitbullzz

Pitbullzz Well-Known Member

24 Weeks and 5 Days. Boy and Girl

DW went to hosiptal just to see about a cramp and she was 10cm dialted and boys foot was kicking the Nurse's finger.

15. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

There used to be a chart on TS, you can see it here http://twinstuff.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17480 I'm not sure if it's still being updated or not.

I delivered at 35 weeks 3 or 5 days (I have short cycles so I think I was two days ahead of the dr.) My water broke. My OB was out of town and the GP covering his clinic tried to stop the labor, it didn't stop, so I has a c/s no complications, no NICU time, I have mono-di twins.

16. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

No labor. I was 34 weeks 6 days and had a placental abruption, so had to have emergency C-section. It was past midnight by the time they did the procedure, so I was technically 35 weeks.

B/G twins.

17. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was 36 weeks 4 days when my water broke while I was at home. My girls are identical.

18. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Scheduled c/s at 39 weeks and I have b/g twins. :good:

19. caba

caba Banned

With my twins, 36w3d, b/g fraternals. Went into the hospital because of contractions, and we decided to do the c-section. Well, the doc decided.

With my sister's twins, 38w3d, scheduled c-section, b/g fraternals.

20. Jocasta

Jocasta Well-Known Member

Mono mono girls 32+2 by scheduled c-section as this was the maximum my doctor allowed me to go

21. *Mandy*

*Mandy* Member

Thanks for all the replies girls!

I'm just trying to see why my one OB thinks it's ok to keep them baking until 39 weeks,it just doesn't seem realistic to me and i worry about cord issues and all that by keeping them in there that long.

22. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

37w5d and my girls are Di/Di ID. I had a scheduled c/s as Kalia was breech and doc was worried about my water breaking and her cord slipping out since she was footling.

23. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

I went into labor at 28W6D and didn't even know it. I was having menstrual like cramps, but nothing really painful. I went in thinking they'd send me away saying it was nothing. I got to L&D where I found out I was 3cm dilated and 90% effaced. They tried to stop labor, but it didn't work. I got 1 of the 2 steroid shots for their lungs because they couldn't hold off labor long enough for the 2nd shot.

I delivered at exactly 29 weeks.

They are Di/Di and say they are fraternal, but I beg to differ. I will be doing DNA here soon.

24. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

I was already 2cm dilated at 37w, at a routine check up, but was induced at 37w3d as I couldnĀ“t take it anymore! The meds didnt work though and my OB had to break my waters to get things moving which happened instantly! It all lasted 4 hours from breaking waters to being wheeled back the the ward! I have Fraternal (B/G) twins.

25. Rach1137

Rach1137 Well-Known Member

I went into labor at 36 weeks 1 day. It was around 2am when I got up to pee that I realized that my water had broken. I never had any contractions I could feel. They were delivered by "emergency" c-section just before 6am. My doc called it emergency since it wasn't scheduled and due to their positioning we were not trying for a vaginal delivery.

Before birth we thought my boys were di/di identicals because of only having one follie during IUI. They looked very different at birth, but look much more alike now so we are not sure if they are frat or id.

**edited for spelling**

26. becky5

becky5 Guest

37 weeks.
    C-section/Pre-E.
    B/G.

27. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I delivered mine at 28w6d bc of ptl. I had been having contrax for about 5 hours but thought they were just braxton hicks, got to the hospital and was 5cm and 50% effaced. I had told them a few days prior at my appt that I was having a lot of pressure/contrax but they didn't do anything do I don't know how long I was dialated before that happened. Mine are b/g twins.

28. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

my water broke at 33 weeks 5 days and I got the steriod shots and held off until 34 wks 1 day. They are fraternal b/g twins

29. fahrenheit79

fahrenheit79 Well-Known Member

33 weeks and 6 days. My water broke on its own and I delivered by c-section. We held off labor for 11 weeks and 3 days though... The twins are fraternal.

30. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

I think the longer they can stay put the better, but even with mono/di and 2x a NST/BPP they were going to schedule me for 37wks. But once you get down to the end something usually happens and most don't last that long..

31. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Pre-term labor at 33 weeks

Planned induction, turned into c-section due to pre-e threat at 36 weeks 3 days

Identical twin girls

Baby A 5 lbs 10 oz, 18" long

Baby B 6 lbs 3 oz, 18 3/4" long

32. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

38w2d, scheduled induction, 4 1/2 hours of labor, baby B came out breech, no complications, boy / girl.

33. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

One bag was leaking and I was having contractions so they delivered me rather than trying to stop it bc I was 4cm and 100%. 33 weeks 6 days but they were born so close to midnight (1030 and 1124) that I tell everyone 34wks:)

34. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

35 weeks, 6 days

35. pittmane

pittmane Well-Known Member

36 weeks on the nose by scheduled C-section.
    Identical boys (Mono/di) - Baby A was 5 lb, 12 oz, 18 inches and B was 5 lb, 10 oz, 17.8 inches long.
    No NICU time; babies went home with me after 3 days in the hospital.