How many weeks when you found out gender?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Haydie, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

With my 1st I was around 19wks. With my 2nd I was 15wks through a gender determination scan. I know women with twins normally get more u/s. Made me curious how soon some of you were able to discover the genders. Thanks in advance.

2. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

I found out at 15 weeks at the same ultrasound (our first) where we found out that there were two! We are having a boy and a girl :)

3. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

How fun you got many surprises in one day!!

4. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Yep it was a lot more surprises than we were expecting! Here we had just gone in for the u/s to investigate some early bleeding episodes that I had been having...and we came out with the news of two babies (ACK! Terrifying at first!) and their genders! I wasn't even thinking we'd be able to find out the gender of a single baby. It was good though as it was all able to really sink in and now we are thrilled...mixed with a little bit of the terrified part as well lol.

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

At my 13w u/s the u/s tech told me she *thought* Baby B was a boy, that it looked a little thick between the legs. I took it with a grain of sale. At my next one at 17w2d, I found out that A was girl and B was a boy, so the tech was right at 13 weeks.

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

We found out at 17 weeks but they told us not to go buy things yet "just in case". At our 20 week u/s they told us definitely!!

7. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

OH wow that was early. I remember a girl a( long time ago on a due date board) finding out Boy at 12wks. She had an u/s every week for some reason I can't remember.

8. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

Were they right?

If they told me girl I would be leary until much further along. Boys you can see the difference. lol

9. becky5

becky5 Guest

With the twins it was 21 weeks, which is also when we found out it was twins! With Hannah(my 2nd) I never found out until she was here, because they couldn't tell at my regular u/s at 19 weeks. I had u/s at 20 weeks with my other two boys, and they were able to determine gender.

10. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

At our 12 weeks ultrasound the tech said she would put money that both were boys. It was confirmed at our 16 week and every other ultrasound since..

Good luck!!

11. Rach1137

Rach1137 Well-Known Member

At our u/s at 16 weeks the tech said she was pretty sure A was a boy, but couldn't tell about B. At 18 weeks it was confirmed that they were both boys. I still had them check at every single u/s though!

12. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We found out at our 19 week u/s that we were having a girl and boy.

13. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

Oh wow you found out early! Oh that is only three weeks away for me. LOL OK I would be to scared to take that bet unless they thought boys. If they told me girls I would doubt until they came out. lol

I always had them check my boys everytime to!

Luke is on our boy name list :)

14. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

Our tech said she could tell at our 18 week scan...but we are waiting to find out :lol: DH's family is so frustrated that we are going to be surprised (some are even convinced that we know, but aren't telling) :p

15. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

17 weeks

16. Bloom86

Bloom86 Well-Known Member

I found out at 14 weeks I was having twins and then at my level II U/S at around 19 weeks, they found out I was having boys. Although, twin B was a little shy about telling us what he was, he eventually "opened" up and they both now do the pee pee dance when I go for an ultrasound. Amazing how boys are so proud of their manhood even before they get here :rotflmbo:

When is your level II u/s scheduled for? Good luck on finding out what they are!!

17. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

At 16 weeks we were told baby B was a girl and they were 80%sure baby A was a girl. at 18 weeks it was confirmed! BUT after having 3 boys I just knew there was a boy in there somewhere! I did not completely believe they were girls until they were born and I saw for myself! LOL!

18. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

Some time before Christmas. I should be 20wks around that time. My ob normally does them between 18-20wks. With my boys I know there was never a doubt they were boys. lol I know the peepee dance you speak of. :banana:

19. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

That would 110% be me!

20. horizon250

horizon250 Well-Known Member

17 weeks. good luck.

21. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

16 weeks (2 boys).

22. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I was 19 weeks when I got the definite answer on their genders. A couple weeks before that my Dr had suspected that it was 2 girls, but she wouldn't confirm it.

23. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

With our first we found out at our first ultrasound at 20 weeks, with the twins we found out baby B was for sure a girl and also that we were expecting two at our first ultrasound at 22 weeks. We found out about a month later or so that baby A was probably another girl. With this one we found out we were having a boy at my second ultrasound at 18 weeks, even though we did not want to know the gender.

24. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

I found out the gender "tentatively" at week 14, during our Nuchal test. Then, it was confirmed at week 20 for my BIG ultrasound that looks at every inch of the babies.

25. brynclaire

brynclaire Member

I found out at 14 weeks that Baby B was a boy and 15 weeks Baby A was also a boy. I was getting weekly ultrasounds up until 20 weeks

26. HollyP

HollyP Well-Known Member

20 weeks - I really didn't want to guess before then!

27. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

We went in on Christmas Eve to determine whether they were momos or mono/dis. I was 15w5d. The tech could only be 100% certain about B but couldn't determine A. Since they were identical, though, she knew it was a girl. We also found out we had TTTS then.

28. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

21 weeks - when we went at 16 w they were both breech and they couldn't tell...we did get the neatest picture of the tops of their heads though...

29. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Baby A at 19 weeks
    Baby B at 24 weeks...she was a little shy!

30. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

We found out at 20 weeks that they were 100% girls. We couldnt tell at th 15 week scan as all the limbs got in the way for a clear pic.

31. qfmom2009

qfmom2009 Well-Known Member

20 wks on the nose!