How much are your 2 Yr olds sleeping?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ssb2e, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

Just curious what your 2 year old's sleeping is looking like? How long do they sleep at night, what time to bed, what time do they wake up? Also, what time do they take a nap and how long is it?

Mine usually go to be around 715 and were waking around 7 or 730 until the past week. They are waking around 6 or 630. Not sure if it's a phase or they need less sleept. Naps are around 12 or 1 and sometimes it's an hour, sometimes 3! They have been consistent until the past week or two, not it seems to be changing. Just wondering about others around this age.

Thanks!

2. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

My boys just turned two. If they do not take a nap bedtime is at 5:45 PM. They sleep for 12-13 hours at night with no nap.

If they do take a nap then it is anywhere between 7-8. And they sleep between 10-11 hours.

Nap or no nap they get about 12-13 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. I think that is on the low end. But getting them to sleep anymore then that is a huge fight. Both my husband and I gave up naps early. I was 18 months and he was 2 years old. After talking with both of our mothers I gave up the nap fight. They have quiet time. And they do nap about 3 days a week.

3. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

Matt is 2 1/2. He takes a 2 1/2 hr nap in the afternoon. Right now we are staying with my sister while our house is finished, which has really messed up his sleep schedule (there are 6 of us sleeping in one room). Usually he would sleep 8-9:30ish, but now she sleeps 8:30-7 and then has a morning nap for about an hour also.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two just turned 3 at the end of December...their schedule is the same as it was at age 2...Bedtime was 8pm and wake up was anywhere between 7:30-8:30 with a nap between 1-4pm.

5. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

Mine usually sleep from about 7:00pm-6:30 or 7am. They usually go for a nap around 12:30pm and usually sleep 2-3 hours. They are pretty good sleepers. If they don't have a good nap I'll put them in bed around 6:45.

shannon

6. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

Ours go through "wonky" weeks every now and again. Without any obvious change in their day, they will either 1) have a hard time falling asleep at night, 2) wake up early in the morning, or 3) take a TERRIBLE nap. I generally freak out and think that our neat, ordered life is going to come crashing down. My husband always brings me back to reality :)

Ours go to bed between 7:30-7:45pm. They are generally asleep by 8pm. They wake between 6:30-7:00am and always take a nap at 12:30pm. The nap averages 2 hours, but sometimes only 90 minutes or 3 hours.

7. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Bedtime here is between 7:30-8 and than they usually wake up around 7:00-8am, so about 12 hours at night. Naptime is after lunch which is at noon. I like to put them down between 12:30 and 1:00pm. They usually sleep 2-3 hours but sometimes it's only an hour an a half. If they don't take a nap than it's early to bed but they are pretty good sleepers ... for now!

8. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

Lately our boys have been sleeping from around 8 p.m. to 8 or 8:30 a.m. They nap anywhere from 1-3 hrs in the afternoon, usually closer to 2.

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine are almost 2, they go to bed about 9:45, sleep until 9-9:30, and nap from 2 until 3:30 or so. Rarely longer than 90 mins but sometimes will sleep 2 hrs...that's really rare though.

10. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

From 2 to recently it was 11-12h at night and 3h nap most days. Now it's 10-11h at night and 2-3h nap, or none, then they sleep 12h.

11. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Mine sleep from 7:00 to 6:30 or 7:00. They nap for 1.5-2 hours. The nap starts during the 12 o'clock hour.

12. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

Bed at 7p, wake 6 or 6:30a. Nap at 12 until 1:30 or 2:00 - most days it's between 1 1/2 and 2 hrs, but every now and then they'll take a three hour nap. If they have an off day and wake up really early, I'll put them down 30 minutes early for nap or put them to bed 30 minutes early if napping didn't go well that day.

13. ilovemonkeys

ilovemonkeys Well-Known Member

Mine turned two in December. They go to bed between 8 & 8:30 and my DD always gets up first, usually between 7 & 7:30. My DS will get up between 7:30-8. They go down for a nap between 1:45-2 and my DD will nap for 1 1/2 hrs and DS 2 hours.