How much are your 3 mo olds drinking?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by carrie-, Sep 13, 2011.

1. carrie-

carrie- Well-Known Member

Hello -

Just wondering how much your 3 month olds are drinking? I'm re-arranging the girl's schedule and it looks like we will be dropping down to 6 bottles a day instead of 7. I'm hoping they adjust the amounts they drink - but not sure what the target should be over a 24 hr period.

Tx!

2. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

If I remember right, our pedi said approximately 24-32 oz. Although for DS1, it took more like 35-38 to satisfy him before starting solids, which they said was fine.

3. Mommabirdof4

Mommabirdof4 Member

Oh I get to answer this...my boys are 3 months today...they take 6 ounce bottles...I make up 12 bottles a day...We feed on demand no schedule so it works out (usually) at the end of the day/night that Cole my smaller twin and also my sleeper takes 5 6 ounce bottles...and Corbin takes 6 or 7 6 ounce bottles...he still wakes at night for a bottle or two...while Cole STTN most of the time. They are very different in their personialties and their eating and sleeping habits.

4. DeeJay

DeeJay Member

I'm not sure where I fall in as my girls are 4 months or 2 months adjusted, so I figure I can answer in here! My girls are almost exactly how yours are! Except my bigger one is at 6 oz and my smaller one at 5 oz, but it's my smaller one that's the better sleeper, just like yours!