How much do you use your stroller with your 4 year olds?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Buttercup1, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

I own a Bob Dualie Revolution and a Maclaren Double stroller and I can't remember the last time I used either one. I'm thinking about selling at least the jogger. But I can stop thinking that I might want to use it again, someday. Of course they didn't get much use over the winter but I can't seem to think of a reason we might need to use them even with the weather getting nicer. So I want to know how much you're using your strollers with your four year olds. The chances of me having more kids is pretty slim, so there's no need to hang on to them for that reason.

Would you pay $225 for a Bob Dualie that has hardly been used? It was in a minor accident which resulted in tears on the canopy, which I replaced and there's a small tear on the canvas on the front. Otherwise, it's in great condition.

2. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Mine will be 4 this summer and we RARELY use our strollers. Although, we went to the San Antonio Riverwalk last weekend and were kicking ourselves for not bringing one! I have not been able to sell mine yet either. I still think we might need to use them. So for now, we are hanging on to them. BUT...I can see that the use is getting very far and few between.

3. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

My duo will be three in June and I rarely use our stroller-I have the Citi Mini Double Jogger in my car. But at this point, I won't get rid of it nor will I remove it from my trunk. While I don't use it most days, there are random days where I am so relieved I have it, when I dash into a store with the kiddos or even at some parks or venues that are new to us and when I don't feel 100% confident that they won't run off...I'm grateful to have the stroller as a safe place to put them if I need to. Even today we walked around our neighborhood in the stroller. They LOVED it but they are rarely in it so I think it felt like "new"-hehe. If you hardly ever use it, it might be worthwhile to sell at least one of them and keep one for 6 more months, just in case. And if you sell them both and regret it later, you can always search for an inexpensive model on Craigslist. Plus you can rent strollers at amusement parks and the zoo if you decide you need them there.

4. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I sold my Maclaren last summer but still have my Baby Jogger. I haven't used it in a year but still can't bring myself to sell it. I do not keep it in the care anymore. I will probably keep it through this summer.

I think you will be able to sell it for $225 - do a search on Craigslist and see what others have been listed for.

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never use the stroller with them now. I think the last time they were in a stroller would have been over a year ago. I sold mine & haven't missed it at all!

6. ohtwinmom

ohtwinmom Well-Known Member

Ditto! We sold our when they were 3 and haven't missed it. We held on to our cheap umbrella strollers just in case and our wagon, but we never used it and just sold that as well.

7. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

Our Graco front/back stroller hasn't been used since the summer they turned 3. We used it that summer on vacation at the Pittsburgh Zoo, although the kids mostly walked or we carried them and someone else pushed the empty stroller. :) Our double jogger we still use for long walks on the walking trail in town. I'm not ready to sell it yet. We let friends borrow the Graco one since they had baby girls 15 months apart.

8. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

We still have our Bob Duallie. It's nice to have the option to take the kids out for a run. Also, we live in a neighborhood where there are LOTS of things in walking distance (supermarket, pharmacy, bookstore, coffee shops, preschool, etc), so sometimes it's nice to do errands with the stroller instead of the car (for distances that are an easy walk for an adult but too much for 2 4 yos.)

If you sell your Bob, I think $225 is a VERY reasonable price! I bet you could even get more than that. It's such a high quality stroller, and especially if you've barely used it... I mean, ours is still in great shape, and it has tons of miles on it.

9. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I know someone in NYC looking for a Bob Dualie.

10. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind but someone I work with might be interested in buying it.

11. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just shipped my last stroller to Canada today. Good bye strollers!

12. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We sold our Bob Duallie when my girls were three and a half. Just hadn't used it in months. And yes, you should be able to get at least $225 for it... I sold mine for $300 with no problem. I listed it on Craigslist for $350 and had about 15 inquiries. Almost every single person asked if I'd take $300 so the first person willing to meet me got it.

13. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We got rid of the stroller around 2.5 years old. They do really well without it.

14. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

Ours are younger so I am just commenting on the selling price of the duallie. In Denver that would be a super dirt cheap price for a near new condition duallie. Those go for easily 400-450 - they are $590 at REI here. We bought ours for about $420 with a dividend and a 20% coupon. They hardly ever show up on Craigslist and when they do they sell right away. I would aim higher and lower it if it isn't selling. Just a thought but I am not sure how big your town is so I guess it is all relative. :) $225 is the price on CL for a single bob here. Good luck.

15. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

My DDs are 5.5. We use our jogger pretty rarely, but I've actually used it two out of the last three weeks! We live within adult walking distance of downtown (but it's too far for kids to walk both ways) and that has always been a big part of our weekend routine. Amy would be happy to walk or bike, but Sarah prefers to ride. And even if they both walk part of the way, it's still nice to have the stroller to carry stuff.

So while I would sort of like to get it out of our garage, I figure the day will come eventually when they are just too big (they barely fit in it now, and they're on the short side for their age). In the meantime, I'd be sad if I sold it and then we wanted it, even once or twice.

I also think $225 is too low for a Duallie in good shape. (We live in Boulder, near Denver.) I'd ask $350 if I were you.

We bought our Mountain Buggy Urban Double (which retails for $650 now) for $350 used, and I felt very lucky to get it. But that was 5 years ago and it's had a pretty hard life since then. I was figuring I'd just ask $150.