How much longer can I go?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lcovin, Jan 6, 2009.

1. lcovin

lcovin Well-Known Member

So I had my weekly (yes weekly because I have history of PTL at 30 weeks and parvo exposure) peri. appt and up until today everything has been going great. Then today I go in and am 1cm dilated! I have had very few contractions and really overall was feeling pretty good. I have been told to stop doing everything and am now on bedrest. I was so stunned (I really didn't think anything was happeniing down there) that I forgot to ask a milliion questions. I have another appt on Thurs. so I am going to ask more then, but I thouht I'd see what experience you girls have. So, I was just wondering if anyone is dilated what's the longest you can/have gone with the munchkins? I really want to make it until at least 36 weeks. I know that lots of people walk around dilated for quite a while, but I've never heard going 6-8 weeks dilated...Is there any hope?

Thanks guys!

2. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Just re-reading my own blog so I can give you accurate information here's me in a nutshell:

And it all started at 29 weeks...I was put on bedrest-
    29 weeks : 1.5-2cm dilated , and I was 25% effaced!
    33 weeks : 2.5cm and 80% effaced
    34 weeks : 3cm and 90% effaced
    Doctor let me off bedrest and said after 34 weeks babies could come anytime....so Im wallking around as best I can --
    36 weeks: dilated 4 and 90% effaced
    37 weeks, I showed up at the hospital for a scheduled INDUCTION and was dilated 5, 100% effaced and NOT IN LABOR :)

Hows that for hope?? :) Stay seated mama. Take a shower once a day, make yourself a sandwhich but thats it! GL you can do it!

3. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

31 w: fingertip
    32 and 33 w: 2 cm
    34 and 35 w: 3 cm
    36 and 37 w: 4 cm
    38 w: 4 1/2 cm
    at induction 38w2d: 4 1/2 cm (never went into labor).

However mine measured 2 weeks ahead (already 9lbs combined at 30 weeks, over 12lbs at 34 weeks and born close to 8lbs a piece) so I am not sure whether the weight had something to do with it (and a prior heavy child and d&c).

4. lcovin

lcovin Well-Known Member

Thank you both for some stories of encouragement! It's great to know that there is at least a chance I can make it all the way to the end!

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: Hang in there and stay in bed!! :hug:

6. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I made it to 36w 3d and could have gone longer but I was ready for them to come out. So I got induced. I was walking around 2cm dialated since I was 29 weeks, except for the 3 weeks I was on strict BR due to PTL. GL to you!