How much total naptime do your 6-12 mo olds get?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by SweetpeaG, Nov 19, 2006.

1. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

How much TOTAL NAPTIME do your twins get each day? I'm wondering if the boys are getting TOO much daytime sleep?

An article in this month's TWINS magazine that said avg. daily sleep for a 6-9month old was 2-3 hours during the day and 11-12 hours at night.

Well...the boys are sleeping like 5 hours during the day, and 9-10 hours at night. Is this my problem?

2. SweetpeaG

How much TOTAL NAPTIME do your twins get each day? I'm wondering if the boys are getting TOO much daytime sleep?

An article in this month's TWINS magazine that said avg. daily sleep for a 6-9month old was 2-3 hours during the day and 11-12 hours at night.

Well...the boys are sleeping like 5 hours during the day, and 9-10 hours at night. Is this my problem?

3. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

I don't think it is too much. My guys get 4.5 hours of nap (a 2 and a 2.5 nap) They sleep for 11.5 hours at night. My oldest son was like this too. Sometimes I think they are not getting enough sleep because they are falling asleep at their last bottle now that we switched from 3 to 2 naps.
    Cari

4. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

Mine get about 4 hours daytime and 11-12 night time sleep.

5. Sara26

Sara26 Well-Known Member

My girls get at least 2 1/2 hours of sleep during the day, often as much as 3 1/2 hours. They sleep at night for 12-13 hours, usually 6 or 6:30 p.m. to 6:30 or 7 a.m.

6. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

I don't think so that is just an average, many babies can sleep more or less. Mine have never been good nappers, they nap 45m-1hr in the morning and same in the afternoon, bed around 7 and up at 5:30am. I wish I had 2-3hr. nappers, I can barely get a shower and dressed for the day. They are 11m.

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine nap for about 4-5 hours during the day and sleep from 11-12 hours at night. Yours sound fine.

8. jdandson

jdandson Well-Known Member

Wow i would kill for that nap/sleep schedule, mine nap maybe 30-60 min total a day and only sleep about 8-9 hours a night!! they don't much care for the sleeping thing, they may miss something, but thank god they are pleasant when awake [​IMG] or i may go insane.

9. Evanly

Evanly Well-Known Member

mine get 3-4 during the day and around 11 at night...

10. SweetpeaG

Uh...just to clarify, mine aren't sleep 9-10 hours STRAIGHT at night...they are up twice between midnight and 5 am to eat...that was just their total nighttime sleep. I WISH they slept 9-10 hours straight.

11. Alexnbellasmommy

Alexnbellasmommy Well-Known Member

3-4 hours a day and 10-11 hours at night.

12. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

On weekdays, about an hour (total!) -- they've never slept well at daycare. On weekends, more like 3-4 hours. Nights are usually 11 hours (since about 4 months).

Alden

13. 2girls2b

2girls2b Well-Known Member

My girls, on a good day, may get 2.5 hours of naptime. They usually sleep for about an hour in the morning and maybe an hour (sometimes two) in the afternoon. They usually sleep from 7pm to 6:30am, except for recently. They have been waking up during the night at least once for the past couple of weeks. I am hoping this is just a phase and that they will get back to sleeping through the night.

14. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

Mine sleep between 45min-2hrs during the day and 10-12 hrs/night (with multiple wakings)..

They really need to sleep more, but they fight it like no other babies I've heard of.

15. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Mine sleep 11-12 hours a night and 4 - 4 1/2 during the day. The night time one is not all night though they can be up anywere between 2 and 12 times!!! I would kill for a good nights sleep! x