How often do you shave your legs?

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, Aug 20, 2012.

?

shave your legs?

1. Daily

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Every day or so

21 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Once a week

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  4. Only on special occassions

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. I don't shave my legs!

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. I wax/Nair. Get with the program, people!

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Seriously, how often?

I think I've admitted before that I don't wear shorts during the summer? It's 40% because I am a white, white girl and don't love my pasty legs. The other 60% of my no-shorts rule? I despise shaving. I shave *maybe* once a week.

So, how often do you?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well, considering that the hair that I do have on my legs is very sparse, I only shave my legs on special occasions. I have like 25 hairs on each leg, and they're like 3/4" long.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Weekly??!?? Are you for real?!? :laughing:

I too, have white, white legs. And I call them Irish legs. They are so fat. And I'm running. So I'm building muscle, but still, that fat? There. Still. So no shorts, even while running miles and miles...

I finally started wearing capris when pregnant, so when I wear them now, I only shave to the exposed skin. Hahaha!

Maybe every two weeks I shave. Maybe. Plus, my hair doesn't grow that fast or anything(no underarm stubble here), so I can get away with it.

I rarely shave, that I have nightmares(seriously!), that I've gone to the ob/gym without shaving, that I've gone for pedicures without shaving. And lastly, I was an Irish dancer(I stopped over ten years ago now), and I have nightmares I've shown up to shows and realized my legs weren't shaved.

:laughing: I have issues! Lol!

4. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I'm worse than you. I chose the option "only on special occasions" because you did not have an "a few times a year" option or "a few times in the summer" option. I am blonde and pasty white so I also very much dislike shorts. I have hair on my legs but it is not all that noticeable especially when I have a long skirt or pants on :rotflmbo:

5. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I am awful at remembering to shave. I have pretty light hair on my legs and not a ton of it, so I can get away with not shaving daily. When I did shave, I probably shaved weekly for my legs. Daily for my armpits, though. For some reason if I don't shave there I feel like I haven't showered. (weird, huh?)

Lately I've been getting my legs waxed when I go in for my bikini. It's like $10 more and takes twenty seconds with almost no pain. So much easier than shaving and it lasts about three weeks before I have any regrowth. Waxing is my big splurge but I love it.

I wear shorts and knee length skirts daily in the summer... so forgetting to shave was not good.

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wear shorts and skirts all summer long and I hate stubble. I shave my legs every other day. :good:

7. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Daily, winter and summer. I hate stubble of any kind. And I also have OCD tendencies.

8. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I shave pretty much daily, mainly because I want my legs silky soft when it time to get down to business with my husband. :spiteful:

And also I wear capri yoga pants almost every day to the gym and I hate stubble. Yuck!

9. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

In the summer, I shave daily. In the winter, I shave every 2-3 days. I can't stand the stubble.

10. 2 Munchkins

2 Munchkins Well-Known Member

I had mine lasered off back in 2006 and it still hasn't come back, expect a stragler here and there. I wish my underarms would've done the same.

11. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I sense a pattern! I also have pasty white "Irish" legs that I have never really liked. I cover em up, too! I shave maybe once a week, but probably more like once every other week year round (unless there is a special occasion). My hair is very fine though so once you get past those 1-2 days when it feels stubbly, my legs feel soft (they just LOOK hairy)!

12. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I wear capris during the summer. I am also blond. I shave maybe once a month. I used to shave about once a week, and even had my hubby do it during the last few weeks of twin pregnancy but I admit, I've gotten lazy. AND to add to your survey.. when I shave, it's only up to the knee... but that is not just because I wear capris. If I wore shorts, that would be the same.

13. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I might feel more inclined to shave if my husband seemed to care, but he doesn't. Every once in a blue moon he'll make the Chewbaca noise at me. ;) The fact that he doesn't notice when I do share just reinforces my woolly-mammoth look.

Kim, every day?? You must be a more efficient shaver than me! That would at least double the length of my showers! That's 10-15 minutes less sleep! Think of all the money you spend on razors! But I bet you've never had to cancel a GYN appointment because you didn't remember until the day of and forgot to shave, huh? Not that I've done that..

14. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

You forgot to add an option for sporatically.
    Sometimes daily, sometimes once-a-month. If my legs are going to be showing I shave them, I get 5 o'clock shadow on my legs so if my legs are going to be showing again the next day, I also shave them. But from November to January, I might go months if no dressy occasion comes up.

2 people like this.
  15. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

This is me too. Mine is blonde so I can let it get stubble-y though. I try to shave them fairly often because I know it's not all that attractive to dh to have that scratchiness but i definitely don't sweat over it. I am a freak and cannot seem to manage to shave in the shower so I shave in the bath and then take a shower to rinse off afterward. it takes a little more time commitment than just shaving in the shower.

16. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

My husband thought I nuts because I cancelled a GYN appt last week because I forgot to shave my legs . . . .

17. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I do every other day, every 3 days. I do wear shorts/skirts every day which has helped my pasty white legs turn to a nice shade of tan. Plus I swim a lot and I like to have smooth legs for my hubby when it's business time.

18. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I feel bad for my doctor now, because I have never extended him that consideration. I figure if you have to deal with gynecological problems you've probably seen worse things than some stubble.

Anyway, I shave fairly regularly in the summer but I do go through lazy periods where I just wear pants if I have to go out.

19. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup, this. And my doc's a South African hottie, accent & all. ;)

I shave weekly-ish in the summer as I like to wear skirts & my hair is dark. I only shave to just above my knees though. I've let the hair on my upper thighs grow in so it's nice & soft now (and strangely, quite a bit lighter then my lower legs). in the winter, I shave whenever I happen to think about it. DH doesn't seem to care in the slightest, so I only do it if it's bothering me (which is rarely).

If I shaved every day, my skin would be awful! Ingrown hairs, dry & raspy. How do you ladies do it?

20. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's Business TIme... was that a Flight of the Concords reference?

1 person likes this.
  21. cheezewhiz24

This is me. I don't know why my hair is lighter up above the knee, but it is.

22. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

If I shaved everyday, I'd have horrible razor burned legs. I shave about twice/week in the summer. I'm blonde and so with capris it's not that noticeable. In the winter I shave once/week, on Sunday morning before church. I also only shave to my knees. I stopped shaving above them in college and now have virtually no hair on my thighs and what I have is baby fine and blonde so you can't see it.

23. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Absolutely!! :rotflmbo:

24. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Now I don't feel quite so bad! I shave every 2-3 weeks roughly. I wear pants year round so I don't get too concerned about it. If we're going to the beach I will be sure to take time to shave in between weeks so I'm not the hairy monster from the sea there ;) I can't let it go longer than 3 wks though. I have to wear compression stockings up to my knee every day and if it gets too long it starts my stockings start to pull on the hairs and it hurts! :lol:

25. cheezewhiz24

DH is a huge fan so I'm well aware of Business Time.

1 person likes this.
  26. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I detest shaving my legs. I'm a very white girl too and I used to be able to get away with not shaving because my leg hair was so light. Nope, over the past year my hair is slowly turning dark. Luckily DH could care less.

27. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I wear capris during the summer. I still only shave every great once in a while. If I am going on vacation (like a fun one, not camping) then I will usually think to shave them. Otherwise it is when the mood strikes me. I have been trying to train my DD not to shave more than once a week as she was quite eager at the beginning shaving every day. This was drying her poor legs out and using up her razor blades quite fast. Not to mention the extra time it was taking in the shower.

28. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

summer time I shave once a week, sometimes twice - I too only shave to just over my knees...my pits I do every other day or so - I feel like the deodorant doesn't work as well if I don't...

winter time is an all together different story - I shave for Christmas...and then sometimes for my birthday in March LOL

29. Mama_Kim

It takes me no more than 2-3 minutes. I'm speedy! And no, I've never had to cancel a GYN appointment for not shaving. (DH keeps me all trimmed up around the girl parts too. He's my snatch artist! ;) He has always wanted to fashion the Aerosmith wings and have me send a pic to Steven! :eek: )

4 people like this.
  30. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

OH man! YOu got lucky! Mine rolled his eyes when I asked him to shave my legs during the last month of pregnancy!

31. Mama_Kim

Believe me, he relishes this job. Quite enthusiastic! :lol:

32. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I shave everyday, or very nearly. I may skip a day on the weekend here and there. But add me to the group that hates stubble. Also, DH does prefer things smooth, so I keep all things trimmed and shaved that need to be.

And really I don't think it really adds much time to my shower. I'd say a minute per leg. Add another minute or two for the girlie bits.

33. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I do a quick shave every 2 days during the summer, more like every 3-4 days in the winter. I have very hairy legs with very dark hair and I can't stand to look at it! But since I do it every couple of days, it only takes me a couple of minutes really.

34. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I envy you girls that can shave in the shower...I only have a stand up shower (and I'm blind without my glasses on) so I have to hop in the tub to do it!

35. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I used to shave every other day in the summer and once a week in winter/ colder weather. I hate shaving, it's to much work so i started waxing. I have very fine light hair that i can get away with it every 3-4 weeks.