How soon did you start showing?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Haydie, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

I kinda figured by now I would have started showing a little since this is my 3rd pregnancy and twins? I'm not complaining by any means I know it is only a matter of time before I can't see my feet. lol

I have gone up a size in clothes, but other than that not much has changed and no weight gain. I remember with my 2nd son I gained so much weight off the bat they thought he was multiples. I was already in maternity clothes with him and 30 + pounds heavier than I am now before 12wks with him.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I started showing around 12 weeks with my twin pregnancy. It was my 2nd pregnancy.

3. Bloom86

Bloom86 Well-Known Member

I believe I started showing around 10 weeks. This is my first pregnancy but I was also a little underweight when I started. It didnt take me long catch up and gain 20lbs in my 1st trimester alone :silly:

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

My pants didn't fit by 6 weeks (though that was mostly because of the enormous amount I was eating). By 8 weeks, I think friends and family could see it. By 10 weeks, people in my office were starting to wonder (so I had to come out of the closet at that point).

5. Bloom86

Although I don't think anyone else noticed until 10 weeks, I firmly believe that 8 minutes after taking the pregnancy test, my pants suddenly were tighter lol :rotflmbo:

6. kmay

kmay Well-Known Member

I started to show around 18-19 weeks and it went fast after that. Three weeks ago, I was barely showing and now I am measuring 29 weeks. LOL I was at Disneyland week 14-15 and people were shocked to hear that I was even pregnant. If you have a longer torso, you have more room. I'm 5 ft 7in and my doc said that is why it took me so long to pop. I also didn't gain much weight until the last three weeks. I was stuck at 5 pounds of weight gain for so long and now I'm at 18-20 pounds.

7. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

I started wearing maternity pants at 12 weeks but I didn't really "pop" until 18 weeks and it seemed to happen overnight. You have days when you wake up and your stomach feels like it's going to tear apart!

I didn't start gaining weight until 12 weeks, either, but now at 26 weeks, I've gained about 22 lbs.

8. MrsDec

MrsDec Member

I may be in the minority (or I just have a bizarre body) but I didn't start showing until close to 20 weeks this time. With my son, I didn't show until around 28 weeks.
    I am actually still wearing 2 pairs of non maternity (pre-pregnancy) jeans.
    I'm almost 5'7", have a long torso and lost about 20 pounds from week 3 to 15 from severe morning sickness too.

Now at 24 weeks, I have definitely popped :) Although I do still get comments like "Are you SURE there are 2 in there??" Um yes, I'm sure. I know they are just trying to be nice, but jeez.

9. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

LOL With my 2nd Chase we had ferility drugs and I gained 24lbs in my one week around week 5. They thought I was having multiples with him. After that I said who cares and started eating! I was in maternity clothes within weeks of getting that + test! Even my old maternity clothes from my 1st preg did not fit me. Sad. So sad. :rotflmbo:

10. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

Around 12-14 weeks people started guessing. :babyflips:

11. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

Not me I am standing tall at 5'1. :banana: LOL
    I am petite. Pre-pregnancy I was a size 2 or 4 depending on the clothes. I have moved to size 6 now for comfort.

12. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

My clothes started getting tight around the waist I guess around 8-10 weeks and I was into just yoga/gym pants by 15 weeks, but I didn't look pregnant. I just had a thicker midsection.

After 16 weeks though I grew SOOOOO fast! Now at 32 weeks I get asked daily if I'm already past my due date!

13. tygerlilly

tygerlilly Active Member

Before I even knew we were having twins I couldnt fit into my jeans around 5 weeks, I wasnt showing, but buttoning was a big issue. So i lived in my comfy pants lol. I then was in maternity by 7 weeks, but didnt really begin to "show" to people who knew before we told the world until 10-12 weeks. The first time a straanger asked I was 14 weeks. I'm not huge, and I am measuring right where I need to be, but I look like I "swallowed an egg" as my sister in law tells me lol.

14. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I was round around 13 weeks, but it could have just been fat, LOL. My belly popped at 17.5 weeks and I had to start wearing maternity clothes then. I don't think there was any mistaking at that point.

15. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

i just went back and looked at my "tummy" pictures...
    At 12 weeks I had a "thick mid-section" at 14 weeks I sort of had a belly, and at 16 weeks you could def. tell I was pregnant... This is my second pregnancy, and I started "showing" sooner with my first pregnancy, but of course have grown more rapidly this time. I gained 10 lbs the first trimester with my first, and didn't gain anything this time around until starting around 12to14 weeks..

16. Bloom86

I get asked the SAME THING EVERYDAY!!!!! I feel like a circus sideshow :rotflmbo: It was very fun in the beginning when people would ask how far along I was and I would get the "you look so cute pregnant" comments. Now I get the sympathy looks due to my 49 (yes, actual measurments) waist.

17. becky5

becky5 Guest

I could still fit into my skinny jeans at 6 weeks(I wish I could now! :lol: ) . But, by 8 weeks, I definitely had a belly, and by 10 or 11 weeks was in maternity clothes full time. I didn't really gain any weight at all until 20 weeks because of morning(all day!) sickness. By delivery at 37 weeks, I had gained 47lbs. I think I remember the two biggest belly growth spurts being between 16-20 weeks, and then again from 24-28 weeks!

18. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I probably started to really show between 17-18 weeks. It felt like one day my belly just popped out!

19. brynclaire

brynclaire Member

I didn't start showing until about 18 weeks and then I grew like crazy. I am 26 weeks now measuring 32 weeks and people are finally not afaird to ask if I am pregnant. This is my first pregnancy.

20. julie.pierce

julie.pierce Member

I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow and I have already gained 12 pounds. I can wear my old pants still but they won't button so I use the bella band thing to make sure no one gets an unsolicited peek ;) I gained over 60 pounds during my first pregnancy and that was only one baby. Fortunately I lost it all and then some within a year so I'm not super concerned about my weight gain this time. Anyways, a person at work asked me if I was pregnant last week so I'd say that I am sort of showing. My daughter is only 14 months old so maybe my uterus is all stretched out still and having two in there isn't helping my ever expanding waistline.

21. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

I stared showing around 10 weeks and it was my second pregnancy.

22. XpectingTwins222

XpectingTwins222 Well-Known Member

I am 13 weeks and so far I have lost two pounds, so needless to say I am still not showing either. My nausea is finally subsiding so hopefully I can put some weight on pretty soon. This is my third pregnancy and I figured I'f show much sooner to but it doesn't look like it. I just had a ultrasound yesterday and the babies are both good sizes so that is good.

23. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

With the twins I managed to squeeze into regular pants until 14 weeks, with this pregnancy I had to move up a size to make it past 10 weeks! (Even though my weight was the same inbetween, I never really got back into all the previous size pants...my hips/butt grew!) With both, I really popped about 20 weeks.

24. MyMayBabies

MyMayBabies Well-Known Member

I'm only 9 weeks, but this will be babies 5 & 6. In the past week, my jeans are getting fairly tight. This morning I had to thread a rubber band through the button hole to get a little extra room!

25. crescendo97

crescendo97 Well-Known Member

I started showing at 13 weeks

26. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

My uterus started pushing everything above it up and out around 8 wks. my classmates and instructor would joke with me in the locker room while changing into my OB scrubs that I was having twins because there was no other way I could be showing. I told them to keep their mouths shut. The next week I came in with the u/s pic of two babies and just about reamed my instructor ;)

27. heathlenore

heathlenore Well-Known Member

I started showing at 11 weeks and now I am 14 weeks. This is my third pregnancy and am not used to showing this early but very exciting! Ready for babies to move up some b/c my lower abdomen can ache from the stretching.

28. citizenpelikan

citizenpelikan Well-Known Member

With my older daughters I started showing around week 14 or so. With the twins week 10.

29. evemomma

evemomma Well-Known Member

I had IVF for this pregnancy, so I started out REALLY swollen from the retreival (which is surgery)...but once the swelling was down around 8 weeks, I was already popping out! I'm 15 weeks now and cannot believe how HUGE I am (my doctor just laughs and says, "You ain't seen nothing yet!". I only lost weight with the pregnancy so far due to morning sickness, so I can't even imagine how big I will be when I actually start gaining weight! Even midbelly maternity pants are already starting to cut into my belly! I got away with no stretch marks with my first pregnancy, but I don't think it's going to be humanly possible with this one!