How was your pregnancy?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Twinnylou, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Reading everyones birth stories the other day i realised how lucky i was during my pregnancy. I had no bedrest, no bleeds and no morning sickness. I put my hands up to everyone who did have problems as i think i wouldnt have been able to cope if i did. Nothing was wrong with me apart from a little tiredness and them coming 8 weeks early!!! So i was wondering how was everyone elses pregnancies and did any one else have a uneventfull one like me x

2. Twinnylou

Reading everyones birth stories the other day i realised how lucky i was during my pregnancy. I had no bedrest, no bleeds and no morning sickness. I put my hands up to everyone who did have problems as i think i wouldnt have been able to cope if i did. Nothing was wrong with me apart from a little tiredness and them coming 8 weeks early!!! So i was wondering how was everyone elses pregnancies and did any one else have a uneventfull one like me x

3. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Fairly uneventful.... I started modified bedrest at 20 weeks to keep my BH's under control and a couple trips to the hospital for dehydration, but it was pretty boring until 36 weeks when I had them!

4. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

Mine was very uneventful - no morning sickness, no bedrest, worked till the day before my water broke at 35.5

The only problem that I had was a little carpl(sp?) tunnel.

5. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

Do you really want to know?? [​IMG]

Mine sucked, well I have lots of complications in pregnancy no matter what but the twin pregnancy was alot better compared to my singletons...go figure . Hmm lets see, I went in knowing Id have to have an early c-section, becuase i had a classical incission from ds since he was so early. At 10 weeks we found out their were 2, so I went straight onto modified bedrest. We were also told Madison had a cystic hygroma and would probably not make it. I went in nearly every week. At 22-24 weeks Madison again had problems, told again she wouldnt make it, this time it was growth issues. Went on strict bedrest. Went in 2-3 times a week from that point on for BPP and NSTs. SLowly started to see a rise in bp...which we expected due to my history. Went in at 29 weeks and Madison failed BPP, was sent for monitering at the hospital for a few hours, which turned into weeks instead. Madison was having lots of decels and I was told that we would end up with a crash section at some point because they expected her to crash. There were several times she would have long decels, tons of people coming into the room getting ready to run me to the OR, but she'd come back up. I was also contracting which is a big no-no with a classical incission. Bp started to get higher and higher, I was put on meds which worked a few days then bp started to go crazy again. The night of mothers day, I started to get the upper right quadrant pain, labs were drawn, one of my fav peris came in the next morning and said it was baby day. That was 32+3. I was started on mag to keep me from siezing from preeclampsia and HELLP. The doctors were surprised at how well my uterus had looked with 2 prior sections in such a short time. I hemorahaged twice after delivery, once was bad enough that they had to knock me out and give me some shot to stop the bleeding, that was sooo not fun, it hurt so bad before they knocked me out. I had a ton of complications afterwards that too but it all turned out ok.

We are all still baffled as to why my twin pregnancy went so much longer than my singletons but hey, God works in mysterious ways [​IMG]

6. minnieinafrica

minnieinafrica Well-Known Member

You Asked for it:

Like cassie mine sucked
    1. TERRIBLE MORNING SICKNESS
    2. BH contractions/irritable uterus starting at 20 weeks
    3. Put on modified bedrest at 23 weeks
    4. Insomnia
    5. Terrible heartburn
    6. 2 separate hospital stays due to PTL
    7. Ended in Pre-E. I got water in my lungs and they had to c-section to get the kids out quickly.
    AS soon as I gave birth, I started feeling better, despite the c-section pain. That didn't bother me.

Melissa

7. Stephe

Stephe Guest

Bad but I would do it again in a heartbeat to get my sweet boys. I actually went through a lot but consider myself very fortunate to have 2 healthy babies. I was on an old website this weekend that I used to visit while on bedrest. It was other ladies with IC or PROM and it was heartbreaking to go back and read all of them that lost their babies around 17-23 weeks. I would have been totally devastated if that had happened. It made me realize how fortunate I truly was and after sobbing I went in to my babies nursery and just looked at them. I thank God for those 2 precious souls. Later that night when Eli woke at 3am from a stuffy nose instead of my usual grumbling and griping I went in to rock him and love on him and be thankful for that 3am wake up call.

Stressful IVF that was almost cancelled twice
    6-11 Wk. Bleeding-Subchorionic Hematoma
    17wk-pressure-Cervix was shortening/Modified Bedrest
    19wk- Cervix getting shorter- Emergency Cerclage-Full Bedrest
    19-28wk-Cervix continued to shorten- prayed daily I wouldn't lose my babies
    28wk-Cervix stabilized at 1.4
    32 weeks on the dot my water broke-PROM(go figure)
    32-33kw2d- Hospital Bedrest
    33w2d- My sweeties arrived perfect [​IMG] only 11/14 days NICU

8. LisaJB

LisaJB Well-Known Member

1. Morning sickness -- nothing violent, but the 24 hour relentless nausea wasn't pleasant.

2. Bedrest ordered starting late in the 1st trimester for a subchorionic bleed. A couple of months of that total, I think (amazing how I don't remember that stuff now!)

3. Sporadic BP readings. Never consistent enough or high enough to warrant medication...just enough to keep us on our toes [​IMG]

4. GD. That diagnosis came just a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. Oh, what holiday joy! Finger pricking and insulin, oooh la la!

5. Very bad nerve/joint issues (it wasn't technically carpal tunnel but another one, I can't remember the name offhand). I had to wear my braces pretty constantly and even with them, it was nearly impossible to find a way to sleep.

6. UTI discovered Christmas Day, when I went in b/c no movement was felt at all on my left side. On that same day, I "failed" the fetal fibronectin test.

7. Hospitalized w/PPROM at 31w5d...magnesium, steroids, the usual. And discovered another UTI, of a particularly malignant nature that sounded alarm bells re: the babies.

8. Horrible, horrible back labor...yet no change at all to my cervix...when they decided I couldn't continue with that level of pain and went in at 32w3d...and, thanks to my infections, were esp. worried about sepsis with the babies.

Throughout the pregnancy I was also injecting blood thinners due to some clotting issues, since that put me at increased risk for clots and late pregnancy loss.

Other than that, the usual discomforts. I shudder to imagine just how much Tums I consumed! (When I'm pregnant, heartburn is pretty much my first symptom...it gets really bad before I even miss a period.)

Heck, I'm probably forgetting something! But at the time, I really didn't think it was bad, in fact, I described my pregnancy as being uneventful and basically healthy, despite the bedrest.

And I'd do it all again in a heartbeat... [​IMG]

9. becky5

becky5 Guest

Not good.
    1. awful morning sickness
    2. BH contractions starting at 14 weeks
    3. Strict bedrest at 28 weeks due to a shortening cervix and contractions. Stayed on strict bedrest for 9 weeks, only getting up to pee..alot!
    4. Insomnia
    5. Terrible heartburn
    6. Several trips to L/D for contractions.
    7. 2 separate hospital stays due to PTL, rapid heartrate, and high-blood pressure.
    8. Procardia for contractions, which added to my rapid pulse, which then got me Inderal for the pulse.(150's, while laying down!) [​IMG]
    9. Anemic at 27 weeks.
    10. Ended with signs of pre-e.

Terrible pregnancy, by FAR my worst, but so worth it, I came home with my healthy babies 3 days after delivery. [​IMG]

10. chelseajc

chelseajc Well-Known Member

I was deathly ill for the first 16 weeks! Then great all the way to 28 weeks...and I started dialating and having lots of contractions so I started bedrest. It was pretty scary worrying about my babies coming so early! Luckily I was able to hold out until 36 weeks! I was put in the hospital once because of High Blood pressure only for about 28 hours then back to bed rest[​IMG] I remember sitting in my hospital bed and a nurse walked by asking another where the pitocin was for the girl in the room next to me and thinking....I AM DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO KEEP THESE BABIES INSIDE OF ME AND THE GIRL NEXT TO ME IS GETTING MEDICINE TO GET HERS OUT. It was pretty funny but a little frusterating. I was just reading on the expecting board and I saw a post called NST's and my stomach dropped- I hated those! especially because I had to get them twice a week and they only had the single machine so it was 30 min on one baby and 30 on the other. How fun[​IMG] Its funny how little things will remind me of being pregnant and my body will panic. I LOVE not being pregnant and having my sweet little babies on the outside[​IMG]

11. NYCmom

NYCmom Well-Known Member

I had 24 hour a day nausea from week 7 to week 15 (but only two episodes of vomitting), but everything else was smooth sailing. The last three weeks were uncomfortable physically (I went to 39 weeks 5 days), but no bedrest, no PTL, and I was still taking walks in the part (trying to inspire labor) the day before we went into the hospital.

Kim

12. Gordana

Gordana Well-Known Member

I absolutely loved being pregnant. My pregnancy was very uneventful except for heartburn. I had no morning sickness, complications or bedrest. I had a scheduled c-section at 37.2 weeks because my DD was breeched. I am very blessed to have had such a smooth pregnancy.

Gordana

13. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Mine was not pleasant.

Weeks 6-9, horrible M/S

Week 16 - emergency cerclage when peri found my cervix measurement to be 0.5cm, bedrest from that point on

Week 22 - cervix shortened back down despite the cerclage, hovering around 1.2cm

Week 23 - cervix still around 1.2cm

Week 24 - admitted for hospital bedrest and my peri was feeling pretty sure delivery was imminent due to pre-term contractions and short cervix. Was given steroid shots right at 24 weeks.

Week 26 - some contraction scares, everything was fine though

Week 28 - discharged from hospital bedrest because I had been stable for 4 weeks with a short but stable cervix measurement, still on strict bedrest at home

Week 29 - no change

Week 30 - no change

Just shy of week 31 - admitted again because baby A PROM'd and was footling breech with a high risk of prolapsing her cord. Given a rescue dose of steroids and delivered by c-section 48 hours later (at exactly 31 weeks).

Would I do it all again and more to have my sweet girls - most definitely yes. My babies are IVF twins so if we ever, ever do IVF again, we're transferring one embryo at a time.

14. ksls

ksls Well-Known Member

Things went really well IMO but it wasn't without it's bumps in the road:

1) IVF - poor response, almost cancelled

2) morning sickness - OK, I never actually puked but was naseous ALL THE TIME with the exception of a couple months in the second trimester!

3) GD - had to test 4x's a day and follow the d@mn diet. I'd do it again but ugh what a PITA!

4) insomnia/restless legs/sciatica/heartburn - aka "minor" complaints. [​IMG]

5) postpartum infection and severe swelling - for almost 2 months postpartum I was twice my normal size from the waist down and my feet felt like they were going to explode. And I got an infection around my c/s incision which sent me to the ER 4 days after I got home from the hospital and was really sick for 2 weeks. Not to mention I had a reaction to the first antibiotic they gave me and got hives.

But my problems were nothing in comparison to many ladies here and elsewhere. My babies were big and healthy and except for the infection and swelling postpartum I was never sick.

quote:
    Originally posted by Babies4Susan:
    My babies are IVF twins so if we ever, ever do IVF again, we're transferring one embryo at a time.

Ditto this. I love my girls and would do it all over again but all else being equal, I'd rather have had them one at a time. JMO.

15. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

To everyone who had a lot of issues during their pregnancies: [​IMG]
    I had no morning sickness, no food adversions, no bleeding, not contractions (BH). They were born 2 weeks early by scheduled c-section. My blood pressure was ok. I did have swelling during those last two weeks. I was tired & took it easy, but I worked 43 hours/week until the day before they were born & drove myself to the hospital. I could fit my palm between my stomach & the steering wheel of my car. I loved being pregnant.

16. 2girls2b

2girls2b Well-Known Member

My pregnancy was fairly uneventful. I did not have have full-blown morning sickness, but actually felt nauseated all day long for most of the first two trimesters. I only threw up a couple of times! Towards the end I started swelling in my legs and feet pretty badly. I was having NSTs twice a week. They always said my BP was elevated and would have me lay on my side for a while and then re-take it. They always let me go home after the second reading. The babies were always wonderful and did great during the NSTs. At my doctors visit at the end of 35 weeks, she told me not to go back to work on Monday. I arranged to start taking maternity leave on Monday. I had an NST on Tuesday and a doctor's appointment on Thursday. All was fine. My BP was high again, but my doctor wasn't overly concerned since everything else was okay (except for the swelling). She just told me to stay off my feet and keep them elevated. We scheduled a c-section for March 1st. The next day, Friday, I went for my second NST of the week. My BP was very elevated so they decided to do lab work. My platelets had dropped very low and my uric acid was elevated so they decided to do an emergency c-section at 35 weeks 5 days. My regular OB was not available, so one of her partners delivered my girls. They were great! Very healthy and no NICU time! I, however, was still extremely swollen and was on magnesium sulfate for the pre-eclampsia which made me feel terrible. I could have very easily tolerated the c-section pain, but the mag made me extremely sick. It took us a few weeks to get my swelling and BP under control, but all is back to normal. Aside from the complications at the end, I actually enjoyed being pregnant. But I can't say I would do it again. I have two wonderful baby girls that fill our lives with a lot of love and joy. Our family is complete.

17. LanieK

LanieK Well-Known Member

Mine was teriffic as far as the pregnancy went! I did have two terrible bouts of pneumonia!!! Miserable- but recovered! No morning sickness, worked until 36 weeks along. Took my daughter to school until the day before I had the boys. Went in to be induced at 38 weeks 4 days and actually went to Applebee's for lunch right before!
    I did have it rougher with my singleton as well- but still no morning sickies.
    Lanie

18. valeriemiller39

valeriemiller39 Well-Known Member

All my pregancies were uneventful. I was sick in the evenings with my singleton boy for about 15 weeks. I was sick with the twins forever - I threw up almost everyday of my pregancy. I was huge and exhausted! No medical problems though - THANK YOU LORD! But I hated being pregnant. I hated every moment of all my pregancies. I hate being pregant. YUCKY I see pregant women and I feel so bad for them. It is so uncomfartable and miserable! I don't wish pregancy on anyone. Now it is ceratinly worth it and I would love a 4th baby. I would go through it all again but I hated being pregant. I think you all understand, right, I hate being pregant!

19. xCandacex

xCandacex Well-Known Member

Mine was miserable. I had morning sickness for 3 months then went straight to being the size of 9 months. I was carrying all upfront and gained 75-80lbs for my entire pregnancy. I was uncomfortable and couldnt walk (I am only 5"4 and only weighed 125lbs pre preggo) No maternity clothes fit me. The plus size mat clothes were always way too big in the arms and chest and because my belly stuck out so far, they were never long enough.
    In the middle of my third trimester I started retaining water and my feet would swell up so bad I couldnt walk or even get on a pair of shoes. My groin muscles hurt so bad that I could barely even walk if I wanted to. I couldnt sleep and was just miserable.
    I was admitted to the hospital at 33 weeks for a possible IUGR which turned out not to be the case thankfully and spent 1 week on hospital bed rest until my edema was under control. I was released at 34 weeks and I was pretty much confined to a wheelchair until I delivered at 37.5 weeks. I was measuring almost 56 weeks at 37 weeks. I couldnt breath, I couldnt walk, I couldnt sleep and at the end I had started to develop preeclampsia (reason for my inducement 5 days before my schduled inducement) At 32 weeks I developed PUPPPS and was so itchy I would just cry and cry. I had to slather Aveeno anti itch cream on my belly and eventually it got so bad I was taking Benadryl and slathering chamoline lotion every 2 hours.

I was glad when they came, it was pretty much the worst 8 1/2 months of my life. [​IMG]

20. betseeee

betseeee Well-Known Member

I had what I consider the normal issues - exhaustion, all-day morning sickness and nighttime vomiting until 15 weeks, heartburn after that (until Prilosec took care of it - bless you, AstraZeneca for making that drug!) But I loved being pregnant. Loved loved loved it. I loved watching my belly grow and feeling my babies inside. Loved the ultrasounds, loved the measuring my belly, even loved learning how much weight I had gained because I knew it was good for them. I even was happy to go on modified bedrest at 25 weeks - just a precaution, though.

At 26 weeks, I failed my 1-hour glucose tolerance test. I was supposed to go for the 3-hour 2 days after Christmas at 27 weeks. Instead I went into PTL and landed in L&D overnight. Kept dilating so they transferred me to a hospital with a Level III NICU. While I was there I failed the 3-hour and had to go on the diabetes diet + insulin shots at night. That lasted 2 weeks before I went into active, unstoppable labor and had my babies at 29 weeks.

So, I went from a really uneventful, happy twin pregnancy to a total trainwreck (OK, maybe not total - my BP was still OK) pretty much overnight. My twins are 10 months old and I still mourn the 3rd trimester I never got to have. And because it all happened between Christmas and New Year's, I'm finding I sort of dread the holidays this year because of all the memories. [​IMG]

21. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by MNTwinSquared:
    To everyone who had a lot of issues during their pregnancies: [​IMG]
    I had no morning sickness, no food adversions, no bleeding, not contractions (BH). They were born 2 weeks early by scheduled c-section. My blood pressure was ok. I did have swelling during those last two weeks.

Ditto for me too. Just the normal problems of heartburn, swelling, hip aches and pains. Tired and was sick of it at the end but, pretty uneventful.

To the bedrest ladies.... [​IMG]

22. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

I had morning sickness from 2 months pregnant until the end. I got sick just after I called in for my time to come in and be induced and also got really sick during labor.

Katelyn spent her last two months at 0 station-OB could feel her head really easily. She put a lot of pressure on a nerve in my leg and made walking really painful.

I worked until 32 weeks 6 days then was hospitalized for PTL the next day. Other than discomfort, that was the only real problem and the OB is still not sure if it was actually PTL or just Katelyn's position and pressure it put on my cervix. I was having some contractions, so they treated it as PTL due to the effacement and dilation. I ended up being induced at 38 weeks after being 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced for 2 weeks, so my OB is leaning towards it probably not being true PTL, which would only really matter at this point if we decide to get pregnant again.

Like pp's, I would do it all over again!

23. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

Completely Uneventful, sometimes I thought..It can't be this easy...lol! Besides being tired and large and Oh the Heartburn! I stopped work on my own at 28wks just because it was too tiring. I had no morning sickness, no bedrest and I had two minor instantces, bleeding at 8wks (I was in a car accident around that time) which is how I found out about the twins and braxton hicks at like 34wks where I went in to L&D for a few hours. I delivered at 39wks 2d, a day before induction, vag delivery. The hardest part was delivery and I swore I would never do that again but you never know.

24. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Mine was totally uneventful as well, although I was a nervous wreck during most of it after having a m/c 6 weeks before concieving the twins. No bedrest, no restrictions, no complications, no PTL, nothing...actually had to be induced. I felt and still do feel very blessed to have had such an wonderful twin pregnancy. I think so often we hear so many horrific stories when people find out we're expecting twins and we don't often hear the good stories.

My heart goes out to anyone that has had difficult pregnancies.

25. emmyshannon

emmyshannon Well-Known Member

Great pregnancy except for the rising bp and GD in the last 2 months. They moved up my c-section due to pre-e, After was worse for me, had to go on the mag after the delivery, got Bells Palsy two days later, dealt with PPD and was on bp meds.

26. Jello717

Jello717 Well-Known Member

My was shockingly uneventful. My peri (as did I) expected lots of problems from day 1. But I had no bed rest, no pre-e, no GD, no PTL. I ended up being induced at 37 weeks.

The delivery on the other hand was a nightmare.

27. Inlowtwins

Inlowtwins Well-Known Member

My pregnancy was perfect until 20 weeks. The BH began and my cervix had shortened to 1.7 so on strict bedrest and meds. Bedrest worked great and my cervix lengthened. At 26 weeks I was sent to the hospital for an irritable uterus, got fluids and felt great. At 27 weeks I caught a stomach bug, which caused me to go into labor. When I got to the hospital, I was already 7 cm dilated. After nothing could stop my labor, I delivered my tiny babies by emergency c-section. We are so thankful our babies are perfect and healthy, but it was horrible having to go thru the 9 weeks they were in the hospital. As awful as it was, I would definitely do it again to have my precious girls. That being said, I'm glad to be done with having children!

28. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

I had an uneventful pregnancy, except for a lot of the normal aches and pains of gaining 75 pounds so quickly (most of it in the first trimester!) such as difficulty walking, back pain, water retention, etc. It was hard to move toward the end, but only because I had two almost 8 pound babies in there pushing on all my organs. I worked full time up until the day I delivered, drove myself 1.5 hours each way to work, and delivered at 38.1 weeks via scheduled c-section. I had two big healthy babies and an uneventful birth and recovery. Considering that I am 35 and "advanced maternal age", and hearing all the horror stories on this site, I know just how lucky I am. I really feel for those of you who had a rough time!

29. Dragonfly76

Dragonfly76 Well-Known Member

I had a perfect pregnancy! The only issues were gd, heartburn and bleeding gums, other than that - perfect.

30. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

quote:
    I had no bedrest, no bleeds and no morning sickness.

Ditto. Me either. I had the best pregnancy anyone could ever ask for.

I had a horrible car accident at 19 weeks with them. The airbag came out and bruised my stomach. It hit my stomach, and the lower half of my face. I carried them high. I was rushed to the hospital, and they were fine. I was monitered for 24 hours, and all was well. Besides that, my pregnancy was excellent.

I didn't even get to go into labor. I went to an appt. and the next thing I know they are sending me over to the hospital to have a c-section in the morning. Zack's cord was hanging down, and they were afraid if I were to go into labor, his cord would rip, cutting off oxygen to him, and could be fatal for him.

31. Heather C

Heather C Well-Known Member

i had the standard stuff,..nausea heartburn, aching, back pain, sleepless nights (HA HA HA now that i have the babies here)
    i thought it was hard but i was wrong. i have learned what "hard" is from so many brave women who have shared their stories here. i see my complaints were nothing now that i have been educated on all that can happen and that i escaped by the grace of God. i don't mean this to sound lecture-ey or poor me or whatever but i will say that i feel like i know what pain is after standing next to my infant son's hospital bed for too many nights and i know what joy is now that we have him home with his brother and sister! the rest of it is history

32. li li

li li Well-Known Member

i would have written that, for a twin pregnancy, i had it relatively easy. although having read some accounts here, not that easy.

i had nausea for the first trimester and food aversions throughout - but nothing awful.

then BH's started at around week 25, i was advised to take it easy and mostly at home but wasn't under bedrest. the BH's never affected my cervix but as i live in a remote town with no premature facilities the hospital took no chances and i was admitted 8 times that the contractions were more persistent (at least i didn't need a tour of the labor ward!).

at some point i also developed varicose veins and two rather painful superficial thromboses.

after delivery i found out i'd developed a rather large hernia (from my pelvis to my ribcage) as well as diastasis - but neither are painful, just unsightly.

the worst (emotionally) was developing cholestasis at the end, reading that it could cause still birth and that it's advised to deliver by 37/38 weeks but that the hospital doctor didn't know the condition and although advised to do so by my community OB still wouldn't induce or offer a c-section. that was really scary, wondering if one of my babies would die each day that we argued with the arrogant, unhelpful doctor.

otherwise fine! no BP problems, no GD problems, i could still walk (power waddle) comfortably a couple of miles at the end and get off the floor etc ...

33. Twinnylou

It is soo interesdting reading about all your pregnancies. I thank god that mine was uneventfull and i have two wonderfull babies. It is amazing how different every ones pregnancies were. I mean i didnt find out untill i was 3 months that i was pregnant and then had them at 7months so it felt like the shortest pregnancy ever lol. But thank you for all your comments. x

34. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Aside from some fatigue and the normal aches and pains associated with lugging around a big belly, I had nothing to complain about. No morning sickness (or any illness), no complications, no PTL, no bedrest... Oh, I did fail the 1 hour glucose but passed the 3 hour with flying colors. When I reached 30 weeks, I started swelling -- then at 36 my blood pressure started climbing and that was the reason I was induced at 39 weeks. I felt fine, though.

The best part of it was that I've never felt more comfortable with my figure than I did while pregnant. I really felt beautiful.

35. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

being an insulin dependent diabetic really concerned the OB and Peri but I went through 36 weeks of pregnancy without anything other than the usual aches and pains - I only gained 27 lbs (although I'm fluffy to begin with) and went through 9 months of pregnancy without so much as a BH contraction!!! I had one bout of the stomach flu and 2 sinus infections (the one sent me to L&D cuz I didn't feel the babies for 13 hours straight) but that was it until I developed pre-e at 35 weeks 5 days and the babies were delivered by csection right at 36 weeks - no NICU time!!