How's everyone celebrating the New Year?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by shalo, Dec 31, 2007.

1. shalo

shalo Member

Dh and I were going out to eat, since its our resolution to spend more alone time together, and have a date night once a month, but babies are sick :( So, were going to get a bottle of wine, get the kids to bed, and maybe get to drink a (small) glass, if the babies will let us. Poor little things, they just aren't feeling well at all.

2. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

We plan to have the babies in bed by 8, dreamfeed at 11 and be in bed before the stroke of midnight, how's that for exciting!!

3. iluvpugs44109

iluvpugs44109 Well-Known Member

It's 9:08 here in Cleveland, OH. Babies are in bed. I am sitting here in my PJ's. DH is watching Drew Carey with beer in hand. I have a glass of wine sitting there calling my name. As soon as I'm done reading and writing I'm going to sit down and drink until we do a dream feed at 11:00. Come down and watch the rest of Brian Seacrest. How fun!

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just drank some champagne. (1 glass). 1 glass of champagne and I think I have a little buzz, it's been so long since I had any alcohol. Babies are sleeping, I'll wake them up at 9 to eat again and then I'm going to bed. DH worked 13 hours today and has to work all day again tomorrow. This is the first New Years in a long time I haven't gone out :( This is the first year of my life that I've had kids. Last year at this time I wasn't pregnant yet. I am very aware of the fact I'm staying in tonight and going to bed early, I'll put it that way. Sort of bums me out, although I wouldn't trade my babies for anything in the world. I guess I'm officially a "grown-up". :(

ETA: DH is sitting here on the other couch, still fully dressed, but sleeping. Happy New Year, he was passed out from exhaustion by 8:00!

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(iluvpugs @ Dec 31 2007, 08:11 PM) [snapback]552599[/snapback]
    It's 9:08 here in Cleveland, OH. Babies are in bed. I am sitting here in my PJ's. DH is watching Drew Carey with beer in hand. I have a glass of wine sitting there calling my name. As soon as I'm done reading and writing I'm going to sit down and drink until we do a dream feed at 11:00. Come down and watch the rest of Brian Seacrest. How fun!

LOL @ Brian Seacrest, just how much wine have you had???

(j/k)

6. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

My husband and I have spent the last few hours watching The Office on DVD and as I type, he's cleaning his ears with a hairpin. This is so sad.

7. iluvpugs44109

iluvpugs44109 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(PgTimesTwo @ Dec 31 2007, 09:24 PM) [snapback]552610[/snapback]
    LOL @ Brian Seacrest, just how much wine have you had???

(j/k)

LOL LOL Ooops, I mean Ryan. How funny! I had about two. Just finished the dream feed and Carrie U. is on. Gotta watch and have somemore wine :a_smil09:

8. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

aw...sorry your babies are sick!!

we're celebrating with a movie and an early bedtime!!! (well...that was the plan, but it's already 10:45! LOL )

9. Gumberly

Gumberly Well-Known Member

All three little ones in bed, DH at work, and I have a migraine. I am going to try and hold on for babies next feeding and then I am going to bed. Not sure if I will even be awake for my DH’s traditional midnight call (he has worked every new years eve we have known each other except the first).
    Happy New year everyone

10. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(serranoboys @ Jan 1 2008, 12:27 AM) [snapback]552726[/snapback]
    My husband and I have spent the last few hours watching The Office on DVD and as I type, he's cleaning his ears with a hairpin. This is so sad.

lol ew! guys are so gross

11. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(PgTimesTwo @ Dec 31 2007, 10:22 PM) [snapback]552607[/snapback]
    I just drank some champagne. (1 glass). 1 glass of champagne and I think I have a little buzz, it's been so long since I had any alcohol. Babies are sleeping, I'll wake them up at 9 to eat again and then I'm going to bed. DH worked 13 hours today and has to work all day again tomorrow. This is the first New Years in a long time I haven't gone out :( This is the first year of my life that I've had kids. Last year at this time I wasn't pregnant yet. I am very aware of the fact I'm staying in tonight and going to bed early, I'll put it that way. Sort of bums me out, although I wouldn't trade my babies for anything in the world. I guess I'm officially a "grown-up". :(
    ETA: DH is sitting here on the other couch, still fully dressed, but sleeping. Happy New Year, he was passed out from exhaustion by 8:00!

i'm there with you... this is the first new years eve i stayed in for since i was like 5. at midnight i was feeding ivana, turned to DH and kissed him and continued feeding. we were in bed at 12:30. all night long we were getting "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" texts from our single, childless, drunk friends. i love my babies to death, but next year we're getting babysitters and DH and i are going out!

12. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ddancerd1 @ Jan 1 2008, 06:25 PM) [snapback]553152[/snapback]
    i'm there with you... this is the first new years eve i stayed in for since i was like 5. at midnight i was feeding ivana, turned to DH and kissed him and continued feeding. we were in bed at 12:30. all night long we were getting "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" texts from our single, childless, drunk friends. i love my babies to death, but next year we're getting babysitters and DH and i are going out!

Totally. We went to a friend's house who has 16 month old twins (they get the newborn twin thing) and had to start packing by 9:30p b/c the babies were screaming and overtired. DH and I were in bed at midnight and could hear neighbors setting off fireworks and whooping it up. This is the first lame New Year's I can remember. We talked about getting a sitter and doing something fun next year when we don't have 8 week old twins!

13. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I was in bed asleep before midnight for the first time in decades!! :huh:

14. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

Girls were in bed at 8:00 and We had our own little "fondue" night. We love it but seeemed kind of sad for all that stuff for two people. DH had a few whiskey and coke's and I had one little drink with rum and was buzzed from it. I never drink anymore!!

Unfortunately the girls woek up at 11:45 and were up until about 2:00 in the morning. We had our midnight kiss while each rocking a baby in the nursery!

15. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We stayed in. The girls were in bed by 7:30 and then DH got home from work around 8 pm. There was a Kathy Griffin marathon on Bravo that DH and I watched while eating some chili and having a couple glasses of wine. Then at 11:55, DH wanted to get the girls up to take some pictures of us with them in front of the TV with the ball dropping. They were so sleepy and looking at us like "Seriously? WTH I was sleeping here!" We took some really cute pix, put them back in their cribs (and they went right back to sleep!) and then we crawled into bed by 12:30 too. While it was the first time in a long time that we were home for New Years Eve, it was a great way to ring in 2008.

16. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

We had some friends over (the babies were asleep by 7:00 when they arrived) and we had a little dinner party and played our new Wii! It was so much fun! We stayed up till 2am, and then the next day came.....and I was SO tired. I am an old fuddy-duddy, and I cannot stay up that late anymore!! I am still tired this morning....

Reyna