How's this for irony

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twins2008, Jan 9, 2009.

1. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

This past Saturday I took my older DS and DD to the ice skating rink. I had no intention to skate, I can't even roller skate without falling on my butt. Well we have had some really snowy and icy weather so the parking lot was pretty nasty. I was walking very carefully avoiding the exposed ice as much as possible then down I went. It was like one of those cartoon moments when the legs are going faster than the rest of the body. I laughed because I could just imagine how silly I looked and I didn't notice any pain anywhere. As time went on my hand started hurting and bruised and red so I got ice (snow in a bag) from the staff and hoped it would get better. I ended up going to the ER because it hurt so much I thought I may have broken my thumb joint or wrist. I was supposed to have an x-ray and ended up waiting for 2 hours. I went up to the desk and was waiting to ask if they had forgotten me. There was someone else in line so I was waiting when the guy asked if he could help me. I explained that I was waiting for an x-ray and was just checking to see if they had forgotten me. He was very rude, he said "No, we didn't forget you, I have to help this gentlemen, have a seat in the waiting room." So, I went back to wait for an x-ray when the nurse practitioner called me in. She asked me some questions about what had happened and briefly looked at my hand. She asked if I had my x-ray. I told her that I hadn't and I had gone to the desk to aske about it and the guy had been rude. She went out to the desk and talked to the guy at the desk. I had to go back and wait again for the x-ray people to come and get me. When I came out the guy said "Honey, I didn't mean to be rude but that guy was really sick." Of course I just said that was ok when I should have said that I was waiting my turn and never interrupted or expected him to help me until he was done, and yes, they had forgotten me. After about 3 hours i had my x-ray. The tech ended up talking to the other tech about how they were going to help the others. She also knew what was injured and kept grabbing the sore areas. I went to my dr yesterday for my follow up and he ended up sending me to another ER to have more x-rays and to make sure that nothing else was injured. It was such a different experience, I was brought into a room and they asked me details and looked me over. The only area I wish they had looked at was my shoulder, but he didn't feel it needed to be x-rayed. So I am stuck with a hand brace for my wrist sprain and have a cervical strain as well. I guess I just should have gone ice skating instead and then I wouldn't have fallen :p .

2. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

That sucks… now try holding TWO babies w/ that brace… I’m sorry :hug:

Elizabeth

3. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

oh no Jen!
    that's gotta hurt but I'm glad you could laugh as you went down (I do the same thing.. even if I'm in LOTS of pain :vava: )

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:hug: I hope you feel better soon.

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:hug: I hope your wrist heals soon. Sprains are the worst because there isn't a lot besides time that helps them heal.

6. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh no! I hope your wrist is better soon.

7. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

ouchie.. hope you get better soon!