Hungry constantly...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Jenn79, May 8, 2009.

1. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

I am 30 weeks today. I noticed about two days ago that I am constantly hungry. I haven't been like this throughout the pregnancy and I have been eating quite regularly throughout the day.

Here is how it usually goes....
    Cereal or oatmeal for breakfast around 7am
    Snack around 10am
    Lunch 1:30pm
    Snack around 3:30-4
    Dinner around 6-7
    Snack before bed.

This is how it has been for quite some time and has been working for me. But these last two days I am STARVING every hour. No matter how much or how little I eat, I want food every hour. I have been drinking the same, if not more, water.

Anyone else experience this?

2. Little June Bug

Little June Bug Well-Known Member

I have been like this throughout the pregnancy BUT I do have gestational diabetes and am trained to eat every 3 hours so that is what my body is accustomed to. Lately however, I seem to be a little more hungry than normal...getting down to the home stretch now! :)

3. buddhababybelly

buddhababybelly Well-Known Member

I wish that I did.. I dont have enough room in there to eat a piece of bread without feeling full for hours. If I do get hungry--watch out and get me food quick, the hormonal imbalance rears its ugly head..

4. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I am still that way!! lol I needed food constantly when I was pregnant!!

And Tarsha, I love your ticker, I'm glad I wasn't the only miserable pregnant lady and you are way further than I was- Kudos!

5. outofmana76

outofmana76 Active Member

YES I am always starving. I even get up every night around 3am for food. If I try to wait until breakfast then I swear these babies are eating my internal organs with the hunger pains I get LOL

6. kristenlee5

kristenlee5 Well-Known Member

I am hungry about every 2 hours. As soon as its out of my stomach I need more. It is a rare Saturday that I could be sleeping in, but I am up because I was starving.

7. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

I am with you on this one! I am always hungry. I carry snacks in my purse when I go out!

8. buddhababybelly

buddhababybelly Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Tarin @ May 8 2009, 10:05 PM) [snapback]1306564[/snapback]
    I am still that way!! lol I needed food constantly when I was pregnant!!

And Tarsha, I love your ticker, I'm glad I wasn't the only miserable pregnant lady and you are way further than I was- Kudos!

Thanks Tarin, with the hearthburn, babies up at night, pain in my right shoulder, sciatic nerve or whatever its called that makes everything on one side numb, and just no room left to accomodate everyone--Im very miserable. I broke out in tears at 3am this morning because I wanted to sleep soo bad, but couldnt. sigh..

Seriously I really wish I had appetites like all the rest of you ladies.. Do you know how many times Ive passed up a McDonalds combo with a sundae because I had eaten 10 grapes? <_<

9. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I eat and eat and eat.. not that I have room for it, but if I don't, all I can think about is food. So I suffer through the heartburn and the general inability to move after each meal just so my blood sugar doesn't drop and I get cranky. I am pretty sure that my husband is thinking of divorce every time I haven't had a snack for a few hours ;)

10. dutree123

dutree123 Well-Known Member

You are not in that boat alone. I don't like being hungry all the time- especially I don't like eating unhealthy so that's really the challenge. But what has helped me is always having a loaf of whole wheat bread near, cut up fruit in the fridge, and a gallon of Lactaid 2% fat free milk, along with cardination quick breakfast packs near, and oh yeah Special K cereal and I only eat like 2 meals a day.I am eating the oatmeal now- but the late night snacks will consist of a glasses of milk...or cardination packs in milk-or fruit.Basically I get tired of eating.

11. mommyofmany

mommyofmany Well-Known Member

Oh, I am so glad this is "normal"!!!! I was getting hungry every hour but have learned to keep up on it--but if dinner is 30 minutes late, I am cranky and starving, AND if I don't have enough dinner or a big enough before bed snack, my stomach is grumbling at that 3-4am hour. Usually the leg cramps are what wake me up, but hunger might keep me up. I'm only 16 weeks, so fun, fun, we'll see what the coming weeks bring!!
    Biggest benefit? I told my husband about reading an article about having that late night milkshake being actually good for me with the dairy and extra calories--so he tends to bring me one every so often if he is out late :) Problem? I actually can't drink a whole one without feeling overfull, so I guess I should tell him to get a small.....