Hunter and Cassandra arrived at 33 weeks 6 days

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by KimmiLynn4, Sep 4, 2009.

1. KimmiLynn4

KimmiLynn4 Well-Known Member

Well, after being put on bed rest for 11 weeks because of preterm labor, I was admitted on Aug. 31 because of pre-eclampsia. The doctors had decided to wait till Wednesday to decide whether to induce or not, but my babies had other ideas. On September 1, my water broke at 11:30am, and at 6:32pm Hunter Nathan was born, weighing 4 lb 11 oz. His sister, Cassandra Lynn, followed at 6:53pm, weighing 3 lb 12 oz. I got the vaginal birth I wanted, but there were problems with Cassandra which almost lead to an emergency C-section. Turns out that she really needed to come out, as her blood gasses through the umbilical cord were really off. Both babies came out crying, but needed some help breathing right away. Hunter was intubated, and Cassandra was put on CPAP. They both came off all breathing help by the next day, and now they are in the NICU, but they seem to be doing well. Unfortunately, my blood pressure spiked after delivery and I had an infection, so I spent the next 24 hours on magnesium sulfate (for blood pressure) and antibiotics. Everything cleared up the next day, and I finally got to see both my babies. Hopefully we won't have too long of a stay in the NICU. Thank you so much to everyone in this forum for all the help, advice, and encouragement throughout my pregnancy. I'm so glad I found this site.

2. damonsmummy

damonsmummy Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your newest additions! I hope they are able to come home with you soon!

3. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!
    :bday: Cassandra & Hunter! :wub: :wub:
    (great names!)

I hope that their NICU stay is a short one & that you all are recovering well!
    Please feel free to visit the NICU forum for any support :hug:

4. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

Congratulations and all the best - hope your lil ones will be coming home soon!

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wub: Congratulations Momma!! I hope their NICU stay is a short one. :hug:

6. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

WElcome to the world Hunter and Cassandra, great job mom =) Hope you'll be checking out soon and on your way home- :D

7. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Hope you are all home soon. How is your recovery going? What was your infection from?

8. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I hope the NICU stay is shor and you can bring your babies home soon.

Welcome to the world Hunter and Cassandra!!

9. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the birth of your babies! I'm glad everyone is doing well. I hope their NICU stay is short and uneventful!

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! :welcome: to the world Hunter and Cassandra! I hope their stay in the NICU is a short one!

11. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm glad everyone is doing well! Hopefully they will get to go home with you soon.

12. fahrenheit79

fahrenheit79 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the arrival of your twins. I hope that they have a short and uneventful stay in the NICU. Your twins were born at the same gestational age as mine, and weigh about the same as mine... Funny that. Mine are still in the NICU, but that's because they really enjoy not burning any calories for their feedings and getting half of their feedings down their tubes. I call them lazy... LOL... So here's to yours enjoying their meals a little more than mine do.

13. leahkatebrown

leahkatebrown Well-Known Member

Congratulations and best wishes for a short NICU stay!

14. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations Momma!! :woo: Welcome to the 1st year with Twins!! :yahoo: I hope their NICU stay is short and uneventful! I have started a Welcome thread for you Here in the NICU forum. There are a lot of BTDT mom's that are willing to help you out if you need any support or have any questions during or after their NICU stay! :hug:

15. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your babies. :Clap: I hope their NICU stay is short. :hug:

16. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

I hope their NICU stay is short. Sorry about the rough time for you, but sounds like you are doing well!