I am a total failure at...

Discussion in 'General' started by jjzollman, Sep 18, 2012.

1. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Keeping white socks white! :laughing:

They look so blah after a few washes and wears.

What not-so-important thing are you a failure at?

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My husband says I don't brush our cats often enough. I say: they're cats! They keep themselves clean! :lol:

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I fail often at dishes and folding laundry. In my defense when my eczema flares up on the palms of my hands, dishes and laundry are hell...that's when it gets bad :lol: But I still consider it a fail! :p

4. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I've lived in my house 5 years and never cleaned the inside of my oven. :blush: I'm only embarrassed when my best friend is over. She's a total cleaning nut. It's a good thing she loves me for me! Well, I'm a little embarrassed now!

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We've been in our house 7 years and I don't recall the oven ever being cleaned :blush:

I am a failure at cooking. I can bake well but no one really wants to eat my dinners. Luckily, DH is an excellent cook.

6. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Total failure at keeping plants alive! I really want some color around our landscaping but I can't keep flowers alive for nothing!!!
    I also want to know how people keep socks white, mine are dingy after a few washes too?!?! And I'm afraid to use bleach bc I have this irrational fear it won't all wash out and will ruin my next load!

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I'm a total failure at cleaning in general - don't get me wrong there isn't filth laying around my house, but it does look well lived in!

5 people like this.
  8. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

my MIL has this thing about white socks. i don't get it. who cares? They're inside shoes! I fail at pretty much everything domestic...but I try.

9. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I fail at folding laundry. I never take the clothes out of the dryer on time, so they wrinkle. Then they stay in the basket for a looong time before I fold and put them away.

10. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

I fail at returning things. If I get a shirt that doesn't work out, I never get around to taking it back. It gets buried deeper and deeper in my closet, but it still sends out "YOU ARE A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING LETTING MONEY GO DOWN THE DRAIN" thoughtwaves at me (yes, inanimate objects are capable of this :p ).

6 people like this.
  11. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

^^^This.

12. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Toilets! Toilets! Toilets! :bad:

I fail at cleaning them often enough and well enough (the inside, not outside) I hate that job and it shows!! I've got the ring around the toilet and it kills me but I'm not willing to give in. :nea:

1 person likes this.
  13. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I do my bleach was last and then my next was is my cleaning rags and whatnot that I dont care if it gets bleached but it never does. I refuse I use to use the bleach despenser though for that reason, I get the washer a quarter full pour the bleach in wait for it to fill and put my clothes in.

I totally fail at keeping my filing cabinet organized, lord its a hot mess when you open it, not to mention trying to find something in there, haha! Good luck! Im so organized with everything else but that!

I totally fail at getting clothes put of the dryer in time, they typically go through about 5 dryer cycles ( bc I hate wrinkled clothes) before I get around to folding them.

And Kate I'm going to kind of play off your post, I really should vacuum every day or every other day bc I have 4 cats ( yup crazy cat lady here) but I totally don't! Guess I'll have to get better about it when the twins start crawling huh?

14. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I fail at keeping our cabinets and kitchen drawers organized and neat. I know where everything is but it might have 12 straw cups in front of it. I also fail at returning school paperwork such as scholastic orders, PTO papers, etc on time.

15. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I fail at returning stuff, too. I currently have 2 library books overdue. Renewing online has helped but I can't renew these anymore- they've got go back.

I fail at keeping plants alive, too. Our HOA waters the grass outside our yard and the only reason our garden is producing this year is that DH nicked the water line and didn't tell them about it when putting in the garden. :hush:

Laundry sock ladies- I don't usually use bleach but I separate the whites/lights. If things look grungy, just 1/2 c of bleach'll keep them looking good (I do this like 3xs a year). Then I wash my white towels right after so I don't care if they get brighter.

16. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

The way I look at it, the cats are hardly ever on the floor! They are always on a sofa, bed or windowsill. So I don't vacuum everyday. :D

17. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh, I have a list.

Laundry (my husband does it and it drives me batty that he does it because he doesn't do it the way I would do it.)
    General cleaning
    Tubs
    Taking time for myself
    Staying warm at work
    Bathing the children regularly, I aim for 3x a week, but usually get it 2X.
    Walking the dogs
    Taking the animals to the vet
    Paying bills on time
    Remembering to set the coffee pot up

As for the white clothes/bleach concerns. . .Put all of your whites in the washing machine (Top Loaders, I don't know about Front Loaders), turn the water on HOT HOT HOT. Let the tub fill up with HOT HOT HOT water, then add in 1/2 cup of good ole' Clorox to the water in the tub and your usual laundry soap. I stick with the scented ones, they're not as noxious. Turn the machine off for ten minutes. Then run the rest of the load however you want to do it. If you have a second rinse, use it.

My laundry vs husband's laundry? Mike's contains clothes, cold water, soap. Then dryer with a dryer sheet. Mine contains clothes that have been pre-treated, temperature dependent on the clothes, Clorox 2 or Resolve, soap, a Downy Ball. Then dryer with a dryer sheet.

18. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Shaving my legs. I have long legs and will start at the ankles and just give up.

Sticking to an excercise routine. If I do not lose at least 1 pd the first couple days of a diet I will quit.

Devon does all the housework because he knew I failed at that once the girls were born.

19. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

Meal planning! When I've done it, I've seen how much easier it is to not have to worry when 6:00 rolls around and I still have no ideas for dinner. It makes it easier to shop, budget, I feel like my kids are eating healthier. But I don't know why, I just can't get into a good routine of doing it. I've been saying this for years.

As for washing white clothes, I pretty much use bleach all the time and never have issues with it affecting the next load. Our socks still look dirty on the bottoms because 1) I'm bad about making a quick run outside without putting my shoes on and the kids have picked this up too and 2) I'd probably have to spray the bottoms with a pre-treater before washing to really make a difference, and I don't take the time to do that.

20. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

I love your way of thinking! Lol!!!

21. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I have a list also but I stand with Amy as this being my top.

I am a clean/neat freak at work and if I get on a roll at home with NO ONE else here I can get some stuff done but I cannot have an audience when I get that feeling to clean that does not come along very often.

I have another one that I am a failure at in my personal life but a stickler with at work. Communication. I talk to my husband but I never remember to call my sister or my friends when they have called me. At work I am chatty but when I get home I like to have quiet non-thinking time.

22. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Dusting! We did away with carpet years ago and I have noticed that the dust needs a new home (instead of in the carpet). I don't dust often enough and it can be noticeable at times.

23. Twinfinity

Twinfinity Member

I fail at eating healthy. When my kids are crying to be changed,fed,burped,held, etc...I grab whatever tastes good in the little time I have between all of these things.

24. SuzyHolland

SuzyHolland Well-Known Member

cleaning house...as said before...it looks lived in hahahhaha

25. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Cleaning the shower and tub - don't ask me why everything else in the bathroom gets done regularly

Anything to do with dress-up - I hate costumes (also did as a child, there are pictures of an utterly miserable me having had to dress up for some kindergarden costume party or other) and I utterly fail at anything to do with dress-up for the kids, no ideas, no stuff, no storage ...

26. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

i suck at returning books/dvd's to the library.

and it's obvious that i fail at GETTING RID OF THE GIRLS' BABY/TODDLER CLOTHES! they've been sitting in piles (by size) in my parent's living room/dining room for 2 weeks, giving my (neat freak) mom a rash every time she walks past it :) omg someone please come help me sell this sh**

27. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I suck at making grocery lists and/or remembering what I already have in the pantry, hence the 3 bottles of ketchup we have right now LOL!!

28. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

This is me too. The woman who cleans my house told me that she sees this at every single clients house.

29. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

I fail at keeping track of my grocery list. I am really good at writing it but actually keeping it through the entire shop.. NEVER EVER NEVER. If i remember to bring it with me it rarely makes it through the vegetable section... uugg.