I am beyond frustrated!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by DATJMom, Jan 26, 2009.

1. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Totally venting, but my boys are driving me bonkers. I guess we are in the terrible 2's now. They are constantly whining and crying. They can talk... even in sentences, but they still whine and cry a lot. Then there is the fighting, the hitting , the pushing, and the stealing of each other's toys. We do time outs and they get it, but then go right back to doing what put them there in the first place. I try and play with them and then they fight over whatever we are doing. I get them the same thing to play with and they want the other one. I try and make dinner and I have one playing nicely by himself and the other hanging on my leg whining at me. I open the fridge and they come running to try and grab something out of it. I open the pantry and they want to climb the shelves. I cant even unload the dishwasher when they are awake be because they will fight over who gets to help me unload it.

[SIZE=14pt] I am seriously going MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Thanks for reading!

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Some days are just SOOOO trying of our patience. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I'm sorry - I can't even imagine my boys that age. It seems like they are into everything right now and I know it will only get worse! :hug: :hug:

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

:hug: Rachel.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Rachel, I wish I had something to make it better for you but all I can offer is :grouphug:

6. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

QUOTE(DATJMom @ Jan 26 2009, 09:29 PM) [snapback]1163351[/snapback]
    Totally venting, but my boys are driving me bonkers. I guess we are in the terrible 2's now. They are constantly whining and crying. They can talk... even in sentences, but they still whine and cry a lot. Then there is the fighting, the hitting , the pushing, and the stealing of each other's toys. We do time outs and they get it, but then go right back to doing what put them there in the first place. I try and play with them and then they fight over whatever we are doing. I get them the same thing to play with and they want the other one. I try and make dinner and I have one playing nicely by himself and the other hanging on my leg whining at me. I open the fridge and they come running to try and grab something out of it. I open the pantry and they want to climb the shelves. I cant even unload the dishwasher when they are awake be because they will fight over who gets to help me unload it.

[SIZE=14pt] I am seriously going MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Thanks for reading!

Ummm, I think you were peeking in my window or I was peeking in yours! I totally feel your pain! This past week I haven't even been able to go pee without Ellie climbing over the superyard panels into where the TV and entertainment system is :headbang: or coming back to both of them sitting on the table going through my papers!

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Oh, so I'm not the only one that has days I feel like pulling my hair out? <_< I'm sorry about the terrible two's hitting your house. :hug: We go through spurts of that here, so I'm hoping tomorrow is a MUCH better day. :hug:

8. DATJMom

Thanks for making me feel "normal" ladies. :friends:

9. jcs

jcs Well-Known Member

same story here, you are not alone!

10. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(DATJMom @ Jan 26 2009, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1163351[/snapback]
    I open the fridge and they come running to try and grab something out of it.

This sentence made me LOL! Sorry you had a rough day yesterday I hope they are better behaved today! If it's any consolation, they sure are cute boys!! Is it possible for you to gate them out of the kitchen? I have to do that to my girls so that I can cook something w/o them pulling at me, it's dangerous. This way instead of pulling on me and whining they whine at the gate. But I have to do that especially if I'm dealing w/the dishwasher b/c they'll try to pull the knives out of it.

11. becky5

becky5 Guest

Want to keep each other company at the looney bin? :crazy: :hug:

12. DATJMom

QUOTE(becky5 @ Jan 27 2009, 01:49 PM) [snapback]1163757[/snapback]
    Want to keep each other company at the looney bin? :crazy: :hug:

I couldnt think of anybody I would rather go :crazy: with. :friends:

13. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Rachel, I am sorry to hear this. :hug: It is normal and we all have those days/weeks and they are not easy. :hug:

14. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Oy. I feel for you. Mine drive me bonkers already -- can't imagine how much worse it's going to get in six months! :eek:

15. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(DATJMom @ Jan 27 2009, 09:32 AM) [snapback]1163823[/snapback]
    I couldnt think of anybody I would rather go :crazy: with. :friends:

:laughing: :friends: