I am hungry!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jdorourk, Sep 29, 2012.

1. jdorourk

jdorourk Well-Known Member

Does anyone go through periods of just being hungry all the time? For the past couple days seems I am eating non stop. I've been EBF for almost 6 mos now and I definitely snack all day long but this is definitely a step change in hunger. I remember being this way around 3 mos for about a week. I am wondering if one of the twins is going through a growth spurt? I'm not nursing any more often than before just wondering if they are eating more at each session.

Anyone go through these hungry all the time phases?

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, yes, yes! It happened when I was pregnant too.

3. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Yes. And it normally happens when one or both is going through a growth spurt or I am trying to increase my pumping output at work. I will have a few days where I think I'm going to eat so much that I'll negate everything we've saved on formula with what I'm eating! But then it settles back down.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

5. jdorourk

jdorourk Well-Known Member

I just went grocer shopping- bad idea!! I usually eat healthy but with this hungry phase i bought a ton of junk food!

6. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Yup. I've posted on here about it at least twice I think lol. I eat all day but I still seem to be losing weight. 4 more lbs and ill weigh what I weighed in 8th grade.

7. Mom2VLS

*sigh* That was the kind of luck I had with my singleton. But this time around, I'm back to 10 lbs over pre-pregnancy. Oh, well. I'll lose it after I wean. ;)

8. Yoyomilli

Yoyomilli Active Member

The amount of food I can eat amazes me. At times I am eating three large meals and constantly snacking. I feel like a teenage boy. I definitely see an increase in my appetite during growth spurts.
    I generally eat very healthy food, but about a month or so ago I ate an entire 1/2 gallon of thrifty ice cream in one sitting. Who does that? And, who does that and still loses weight?

9. 3under2!

On a typical day I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, snack, dinner, snack, snack, snack.

For real. So breakfast is usually a huge serving of oatmeal with nuts and craisins, snack is a fruit, lunch is tuna or eggs or loaded potatoes or something like that, then more fruit, more nuts and craisins, a smoothie, nibbles of dinner, then dinner, then starting about an hour after dinner I basically munch on things till I go to bed. Bottomless freaking pit. It's crazy.

10. 3under2!

We're in the middle of the Jewish holiday season now and a typical holiday has four 3-course meals over a two day period. So there's bread, fish, several different salads, then the main course and several different sides, then dessert. Anyway, with this last holiday (sukkot) by the time we got the the third meal my husband was like- gonna pass, I'm eating lighter this time- and I'm all like BRING IT ON I'M STARVINGGGG!!! Mind you the last 3 course meal had only been about 6 hours before lol.

11. Tarynd

Tarynd Member

I am also eating constantly and putting on weught! Maybe I'm eating too much? Anyone gain weught?

12. Mom2VLS

I've gained weight. I had dropped down to my pre-pregnancy weight in the first few weeks post-partum but now I've gained about 8-10 pounds back. I seem to be holding steady there. I've tried cutting back on my eating but honestly every time I do that my supply seems to take a dip. I've pretty much resigned myself to trying to eat the same amount (just healthier) and I'll lose the weight after they wean.