I am not EATING

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by fancybeltran, May 25, 2009.

1. fancybeltran

fancybeltran Well-Known Member

I have no appetite.

I am so upset I can not seem to eat or maintain a appetite.

I am only 18 weeks.

But I am waiting to get the feeling of eating.

Has anyone else had a late appetite or not hungry at all?

I am scare to eat too much because I end up throwing up.

I told my Dr. and Endo about it but they dont know what is going on.

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Are you losing/maintaining/gaining weight? Have you tried the protein shakes, like Ensure or Boost? And most importantly, are the babies continuing to grow well? :hug:

3. fancybeltran

fancybeltran Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ May 25 2009, 12:25 PM) [snapback]1327245[/snapback]
    Are you losing/maintaining/gaining weight? Have you tried the protein shakes, like Ensure or Boost? And most importantly, are the babies continuing to grow well? :hug:

I get the weighs and everything on Wednesday but I am measuring 26 weeks.

My Dr. Endo said that they are going to run some tests.

I have been losing and throwing up. I have been told to take my Zofran 3 times a day to help me gain some weight and keep the food down. I have been trying to eat high in fat foods.

I have gained maybe about 7 pounds so far with this pregnancy.

I can ask my Dr about the Ensure though. Because I didnt think of that. Did you have to take any though.

They say the babies are okay the heart beats are fine and they are always moving around and kicking me.

I seem to always carrying pretty small but this is different.

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

7lbs is good! I think I had gained 10 by my 21 week appointment. I was very sick too for the first 16 weeks or so. I didn't have to drink the protein drinks, but felt good about getting in that extra protein for the babies, since I found it hard to get it any other way.

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are having a tough time eating. :hug: I agree with Becky's suggestion about the protein drinks. :good: Just keep on trying and I hope you develop an appetite soon. :hug:

6. kacy79

kacy79 Active Member

I am 33 weeks and I still hate eating. I do not have an appetite at all. The babies are growing fine though and the docs are not worried. I have been able to eat enough to gain weight. I used to have a lot of boost. I also started reglan and that really helps. Seems as though my food was not staying in my stomach and the seems to "tie off" the end of my esophagus and keep my food down there. I started out probably 20 pounds overweight. By 20 weeks I had only gained 10 pounds. Docs were not concerned.

7. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fancybeltran @ May 25 2009, 11:19 AM) [snapback]1327242[/snapback]
    I have no appetite.

I am so upset I can not seem to eat or maintain a appetite.

I am only 18 weeks.

But I am waiting to get the feeling of eating.

Has anyone else had a late appetite or not hungry at all?

I am scare to eat too much because I end up throwing up.

I told my Dr. and Endo about it but they dont know what is going on.

i have this problem too and have had it for some time, probably since about 19 weeks or so. i've actually lost weight, about 5lbs, in the last 3 weeks but despite that my boys are still growing nice and big and on target.

are you more active than usual? that could cause loss of appetite and loosing weight....
    are your bowel movements normal?
    are you depressed?
    or do you just feel full all the time?

my problems were and are depression, feeling full all the time and up until just recently runny bowel movements and more activity than usual.

my remedy is, get treatment for the depression, eat small meals throughout the day and drink ensure plus protein whenever i can stomach it, take my prenatals (which are doctor prescribed) and just try and take it easy. i'm not sure that i've put on any more weight but my stomach is getting bigger so i know something is growing.

keep talking to your doctor about it, and start drinking lots of protein drinks like ensure or boost, they will help give you those much needed calories!

good luck!

8. dutree123

dutree123 Well-Known Member

Yeah for 4 mths.I did hate eating because nothing wanted to stay down...and I somewhat feared throwing up...I survived off ensure protein drinks..water..milk..and cantelope.I weighed 155 before pregnancy and to this day weigh 175 (only gained 20 lbs. but I was at only 8 lbs for a while but the babies were growing and that was all that mattered. To this day I hate eating...Although I can eat more solid foods but like pp said I feel like I am stuffed and full for hrs. to where it is very uncomfortable that I wish that I could throw up.I would say try to pace yourself and put in your body whatever is beneficial for the babies (healthy nutricious food) that way they grow even if you don't.

9. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

I have had the same problem this pregnancy! As long as your lil ones are growing well, thats the main concern. Remember that they will generally take what they need, its YOUR body that ends up suffering the most. Eat what you can when you can, and it will all come out ok in the end im sure. By week 18 i had gained about 8 lbs and still have trouble eating, but after week 20ish i seem to gain weight easier regardless of how much i eat, go figure. Good luck! :hug:

10. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

QUOTE(agentplatypus @ May 25 2009, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1327783[/snapback]
    I have had the same problem this pregnancy! As long as your lil ones are growing well, thats the main concern. Remember that they will generally take what they need, its YOUR body that ends up suffering the most. Eat what you can when you can, and it will all come out ok in the end im sure. By week 18 i had gained about 8 lbs and still have trouble eating, but after week 20ish i seem to gain weight easier regardless of how much i eat, go figure. Good luck! :hug:

see i was the opposite, i gained 30lbs by week 24 and since have lost about 5lbs. i was small framed to begin with and tall. it's essential for me to keep packing on the pounds so to speak because i seem to keep loosing them. but like i said despite my loss they are still growing!