I Am So Happy I Have Been Blessed With Twins

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by emerel, Mar 18, 2009.

1. emerel

emerel Active Member

[SIZE=10pt]Throughout my whole pregnancy I was always so concerned about all of the extra things you worry about when carrying twins that I did not ever really relax and fully look forward a new baby until the last week or two, once we reached the "safe zone" in the pregnancy. I worried about how the heck I would breastfeed twins, how I would take care of two babies, how it would alter our very active with older children involved in many things lifestyle. I never thought I could handle twins and I was never one of those moms who secretly wished for or thought twins would be neat or fun.

Now that I have met my little miracles, I have to say everything I expected and worried about is long forgotten and I cannot even imagine having only one of these beautiful boys. I love the idea of watching them grow and watching the special bond between twins every day, I love that they will each always have a best friend and playmate to grow up with, especially since their siblings are older by 10+ years. I love watching them nurse side by side and suddenly one hears the other and they reach out their hands for each other. I love that one baby can be fussy and I can put his brother beside him and he will stop fussing and they will soothe each other. I still cannot believe I really grew, carried and delivered two healthy, perfect babies at the same time and I am completely in awe of them, but I am so thankful and happy to be blessed with twins!

I am sure there will be many days when it overwhelms me and gets to seem like too much, maybe even later today, but this is my reality of having twins, so I write it out now when I am feeling it so strongly and then I can always go back and remind myself and refocus on all that is so wonderful about two during those inevitable rough patches.[/SIZE]

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:cry: That was beautiful. Enjoy your boys!!

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

YaaayyyyY!

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

:wub: Sweet!

5. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

That is so sweet. :wub: I think there is always something to worry about, it's what makes us Moms. It's wonderful that you were able to get through all that and enjoy your babies!

6. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

Aww, what a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing that. :)

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wub: :wub: Beautiful! Thank you for sharing that with us. :hug: