I am so thankful for my mother!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mricharde, Apr 19, 2008.

1. mricharde

mricharde Well-Known Member

I just had to share my happy. My mother just left me with a clean house :banana: I had finally given in and started asking for help to do things around the house. Especially since my nesting has kicked in and I can't do much on my own. So, my mother took a few hours to come over and clean my bathrooms, sweep and mop my tile floors and vacum my carpet. I love the smell of a clean house. It makes me feel so good, especially knowing these babies are coming in the next two weeks. My mother doesn't like to clean but she came and worked her tush off then asked for more things to do. I told her she had done more than enough, it was such a pick me up. I'm starting to feel like we are getting ready for these babies, making progress to welcome them home! I am in such a good mood I just wanted to spread my joy :Clap:

Melissa

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Wow, that is so sweet of her!! I'm with you, nothing better than a clean house!!

3. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I love a clean house too. I started paying someone to clean once a week starting week 30. Now that the twins are here I realize I may never give her up!

4. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. My hubby couldn't keep up once I was put on bed rest so I hired someone. She starts this week. I cannot wait to have a clean house. You never realize how dirty it is until you're sitting here in it all day every day!!

5. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

Yay!!! Thank God for moms

Jen

6. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

That is so sweet. My DD1 and MIL did the same for me a couple times and it brought tears to my eyes. Both because of how thoughtful it was and because of how I felt so helpless sometimes while carrying those babies.

Enjoy your clean house!

7. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

WOW! Lucky woman. Im glad you have a mom to help like that. Nothing like clean house smell to help a person relax.

8. Terrebeth1

Terrebeth1 Well-Known Member

That is awesome! I am lucky that I have a friend and my sister that help out. I don't feel like I can keep up with anything!

9. babydrivers

babydrivers Well-Known Member

HOORAY FOR MOM!!!!! :Clap:

Since I'm on strict bedrest with three other kids at home, my mom actually moved in with us four weeks ago! What an angel!!!!!!!! She really gave up a lot to help out...She lives in TX, I'm in CA...Dad's been coming out every couple of weeks, which has been good for them both. She'll be here for a few weeks after the twins come, so we're looking at another eight weeks + (hopefully!!)

THANK YOU MOM!!!! :lol:

10. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is so nice! Yay for Mom!!