I am thankful for

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Eribour, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Eribour

Eribour Well-Known Member

I am thankful for the up all nights, the dirty diaper after dirty diapers. I am thankful for the constant feeding, and the never ending crying. I am thankful for the frustration, exahustion, and aches and pains. I am thankful for the stretch marks, and the change of my body. All these things mean that I am a mom. Because of this I get to be thankful for the chubby fingers and tiny toes. I get to be thankful for the smiles, laughs, and coos. I get to be thankful for suggle time. If the not so good comes with the oh so great then I will be thankful for those hard things. And I, like all of you on this forums get to be doublely thankful for we have twins. That may meantwo times the hard but endless moments of good. Happy thanksgiving to all.

2 people like this.
  2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

GREAT post!!! I know I have a lot to be thankful for! :wub: I am thankful my twins are healthy. We had a scare when I was pregnant with Anthony(baby b). First was at my first u/s and his sac was two weeks behind Nicholas'. I was told that if I started to bleed, most likely I was m/c'ing baby b. I called for clarification on their 'stats' at that point, and once I heard the answer, I knew all would be fine. Then we did the 11-14 week u/s and it was found Anthony had a 1 in 49 chance of having Down Syndrome. We did no further testing, but throughout the rest of the pregnancy, there were markers for Down Syndrome that kept coming up. Aside from hypospadias/chordee and a saccral dimple-he is totally perfect in every way. :wub:

Most of all, I am thankful I am a mom. Sleepless nights, whining, tantrums, talking back, time outs, laughs, hugs, kisses, "I love you momma"-they never get old. It all just means, I am a mom. My dream came true....

3. Sarah75

Sarah75 Well-Known Member

I am thankful for healthy babies, I went into labor at 29 weeks and was on hospital bedrest until I had them at 34 weeks. Very very thankful that there here and healthy and also thankful to be able to be a stay at home mommy.

4. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Awesome post!!!!

I am so thankful to have my children. After being diagnosed with Cancer at 18 months, it messed up my fertility and we all thought that it was never going to happen. 3 children later....I proved them wrong!!!
    I love being a mom!

5. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

I'm just thankful for getting through each day! Ahhahahaha. ;)

Nice thread. It's sweet to read what people are thankful for!!