I bet you didn't know that....

Discussion in 'General' started by rheamay, Jun 18, 2007.

1. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I love reading about everyone!

I bet you don't know that:

I went to a Milli Vanilli concert in 8th grade.

I skipped kindergarten and first grade. I graduated from high school when I was 16

I spent a year and a half as a missionary for my church in Austria (I speak fluent German), where I met my dh who was also a missionary.

I majored in Music Dance Theater in college. My parents thought it wasn't *practical*, but I've supported myself since graduating as a professional singer/dancer/actress, taught piano and voice lessons, choreographed and taught elementary school music.

My mom and sister have twins

I groomed Jane Seymour's dogs, sold Steve Martin a pair of khaki's at the gap, sat at the same coffee shop while Brad Pitt was there, and ate dinner with supreme court judge Antonin Scalia.

I have a major crush on Wentworth Miller (from the show "Prison Break)

I LOVE Mexican food. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The spicier the better....

Reyna

2. JakoBen

JakoBen Well-Known Member

WOW!!! You all are so interesting! :D I'm pretty boring but....

Bet you didn't know that:

-Our twins were born on my & DH's 7th anniversary.
    -I HATE tomatoes but love ketchup, pizza and spaghetti
    -I have adult ADD
    -I used to work for a dentist who was addicted to pain medicines (I promptly quit upon finding out)
    -I have two sisters. I am the middle child.
    -I have a much better relationship with my sister who's 5yrs older than me than with my younger sister who's only 14 months younger than me.
    -I hated every minute of school, thus why I didn't graduate college (made it halfway and said forget it)
    -I LOVE watching reality TV shows.

Carrie

3. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

This is great! Wish I had time to read them all! :( Let me think...

I bet you didn't know that:
    * In high school, I competed as a roller skater in everything from figures and dance to racing.
    * I'm an air force brat. I was born in Athens, Greece and lived in Iceland during 1st & 2nd grade. Growing up, we also lived in Tulsa, OK, Gila Bend, AZ, Las Vegas, NV, Knoxville, TN, many small towns in TX. Then after I married my XH we lived in South Carolina before we moved to Alaska.
    * All in all (counting houses in the same town), I've moved 24 times and lived in 25 different houses! Whew!
    * We dream of moving back to East Tennessee someday!
    * I have degrees in computer science, organizational management, marketing and an Masters of Business with a concentration on Entrepreneurship.
    * I've worked as a computer programmer, graphic designer, website developer and software trainer before I got out of IT. That field was not family friendly enough for me.
    * I actually use all of my degrees in my job!!
    * The women in business program I direct was nationally recognized twice in the last year.
    * Ever since my first pregnancy, I can't stand peanut butter. I even hate the smell of it.
    * I love road trips, thunderstorms, lightning bugs and sweet iced tea.

4. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

I bet you didnt know that-

* I have been with my partner for 9 years and i am only 23.
    * I got 2 German Shepherd puppies 2 months before i found out i was having twins.
    * I have a half sister who is 27 that i have never met.
    * I lived in Massachusettes from the age of 4-6 . I met my best friend there who i am still in touch with.
    * At one time i owned 26 ferrets, 3 canaries, 2 lizards, 2 snakes, 2 dogs and 3 rats!!
    * I went to college for 3 /12 years to be a Nursery nurse working with children Pre - School children
    * My favourite ice cream is Mint chocolate chip cookie dough mmmmmmm!

5. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

QUOTE(marieber @ Jun 18 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]297869[/snapback]
    WOW! That's pretty wild. I've MET HIM!! :)

I used to go to the "International Soup Kitchen" you know, that the "Soup Nazi" episode is based on and I guess he used to do promotional stuff for his Seinfeld bus tours there. He came by bike. Interesting dad to have. :)

Too bad that soup kitchen closed! It really was the best tasting soup ever (super expensive, but darn good). Yes, my dad is always on his bike. It's just the fastest and easiest way to get around Manhattan!

6. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

QUOTE(marieber @ Jun 18 2007, 10:57 PM) [snapback]297876[/snapback]
    Oh, while I'm at it with you...I have gotten to my brown belt and high red belt (different belt system, always the one next to black) at two different schools (in Taekowndo) -- it's totally a life ambition for me to get black at some point. I take it you don't plan to continue?

I have to admit that at the time I was doing karate (I got my brown belt in Tae Kwon Do and in Ninjitsu and a green belt in Kiokishin (can't remember how to spell that one but it's full contact karate)), and competing in tournaments, my father was really pushing me a bit. I even went to a special school (Professional Children's School) that allowed me to develop my own school schedule so that I could leave to make it to my karate classes for training. I just got soooo burnt out. Believe it or not, my dad was really strict with me but I guess you have to be when raising a daughter in Manhattan ;) Anyway, I ended up getting a bit turned off from the whole thing when I turned 17 and wanted to have nothing to do with it. I missed a lot of the crazy teen year stuff (which I guess in retrospect is a good thing). I have thought about going back but for some reason I have this passion to try Kung Fu so I might do that for a while and see how I like it. Not getting my black belt is of course one of those unfinished goals so I would like to go back one day. Just wish I had done it when I was young limber and full of energy :D

7. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

I bet you don't know that

I woz originally called "Mandy" but when my mom brought me home from the hospital a lady on our street had named her DOG Mandy so I got switched to Amanda (causes me legal problems all the time as Mandy is on my birth certificate, but license passport etc.. is Amanda)

I am from Manchester England, moved to Canada when I woz 21

I'm a massage therapist

Always said to my mom I woz having three sets of twins GG BB and GB

Going to be Forty this year (thats why I'm sticking with just the GG twins haha)

One of the girls is named after Jorja Fox off CSI (husband didn't tell me until we had named her haha I didn't watch)

I love ironing (wish I had more time to do it)

I am on this site WAY TOO MUCH (Oh I guess u knew that one already haha).

amanda

8. LisaGoeke

LisaGoeke Well-Known Member TS Moderator

[*]tiffani amber theissen stayed at my house

That's neat. How did that happen?

[*]my twins have different birthdays, different last names and were a vaginal and c-section

I'd love to hear more about the different last names for your twins. Does one have your last name and one have DH's last name?

I thought I'd add one about myself. I met some celebrity twins. :icon_biggrin: Yep, the twinstuff family. Mark, Craig, Darlene, Diane, Brady, Colby, and Reagan. Oh, and I went to a Milli Vanilli concert too, and was in love with them!! :wub:

I really enjoy reading about everyone.

9. mesamama

mesamama Well-Known Member

10. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know...

-I met DH through an AOL personal add. His first words to me, through an email were, "do you like cake?"

-I met Boris Yeltsin on a trip to DC with my 6th grade gifted and talented class.

-I've seen and met George H.W. and Barbara Bush. His presidential library is here in College Station and they are always out and about around town.

-I'm the only person in my mom's family that didn't go to or graduate from Texas A&M Univeristy.

-It took us five years to conceive DS2. It took us three months to conceive the twins and we weren't trying. :lol:

-I'm incredibly anal about grammar and spelling.

11. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Jun 19 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]298189[/snapback]
    I bet you didn't know...

-I met DH through an AOL personal add. His first words to me, through an email were, "do you like cake?"

That is one of the first things DH said to me too. Isn't that funny? Actually it was, "What's your favorite kind of cake?"

12. caryanne07

caryanne07 Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know:

- I lived in Bermuda for 6 years.
    - I moved there with one husband and left with another!
    - I grew up in the family house. It was built in 1827 by my great-great-great (i'm not sure how many "greats") grandfather. My parents still live there.
    - I am Canadian.
    - I love country music.
    - I hate seafood!

13. Shayshay

Shayshay Well-Known Member

Ok, I thought of some more.....

* I met Jimmy & Rosalyn Carter at the church they are members of in Georgia. I was 14 and Jimmy Carter taught our Sunday School class.

* I met Kid Rock at St. Louis Airport waiting for a flight. His first popular song had just started being played on the radio that week (Bawiddaba). No one knew who he was except me and my best friend's brother. We had our picture taken with him. He was just waiting on a commercial flight like us.

* My mom's first cousin was married to the Venezualan Ambassador to South Korea and they lived in Seoul at the same time we lived in Seoul when my parents were missionaries. So, that was cool!

* My dad went to high school with former white house chief of staff, Mac McLardy and Vince Foster. My dad was good friends with Mac.

* My grandfather was a professional boxer and won the Golden Gloves in New Orleans when he was 12.

14. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

I LOVE reading about everyone! You have all done some pretty interesting things. I wish my life was so exciting.

I thought I would add a couple more, because reading your's it reminds me of things :D

~ I met Will Smith skiing in Big Bear. It's when he was still the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire.

~ I've never travelled off of North America

~ My favorite city is New Orleans and I wish I could live there but it's too dang humid and I melt in the heat.

~ The morning of my ultrasound, I told myself that I was having twins. I had never had that thought before!

15. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Let's see...you guys have some really interesting fact...my life seems boring in comparison

- I met my DH on tour I went on to Israel the summer after I graduated college. His brother was heading the tour and his father had him go on the tour in the hopes that he would stay in Israel when the tour was over and help him with a business there (he only stayed a few months and then moved to be with me). oops.
    - I only have one first cousin and she's related by marriage, not by blood.
    - I'm a CPA and have always made a lot more money than my DH.
    - I was born on my parents 7th anniversary.
    - I love tv. I always say that's my drug of choice. :)
    - I have never had a cup of coffee. I don't drink caffeine and have never been tempted to try it. My brother and sister don't drink it either.

16. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

*I started singing when I was 2 and I've been a lead singer of two different bands for eight years.
    *I can sing a middle "C" on pitch without any prompting from an instrument.
    *I've been to Japan, Belgium, England, Czech Republic, and Switzerland.
    *I have never made coffee, used a lawn mower, or cooked on a grill. Ever.
    *My son Hayden is on-screen in the movie "Batman Begins" for about 2 seconds.
    *I'm a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
    *I've lived my entire life, including college, within a five-mile radius.
    *Someday I want to be a preschool teacher.
    *I love to be in the car. I could drive all day, especially on two-lane roads through little towns, and be extremely happy.
    *I eat a banana every single day, even when I travel.
    *I've seen/been to games at 16 major league sports stadiums.

17. 8isgreat

8isgreat Well-Known Member

What fun......lots to read!

All of my kids have their own birth month (twins have August, I guess they share!! :p )

We invited Dirk Benedict to our wedding...he did not come. (From Battlestar Galactica and The A-Team)

DH is a rocket scientist

I am a massage therapist

18. Stacy1976

Stacy1976 Well-Known Member

I bet you didnt know that....

- I have 14 aunts and uncles on my mother's side. I have 62 first cousins and over 35 second cousins.

- My 2 oldest children are 17 months apart. Lily (my middle child) and the twins are also 17 months apart. My oldest, Bree, and my middle child, Lily, are 12 years apart. My second child, Kyle, and the twins are also 12 years apart.

- All of my kids have 4 letters in their first names and 9 letters in their middle names.

- My name is Stacy Erin and my brother's name is Eric Scott. (do you see it?)

- My favorite movie is Titanic.

- I love mowing the lawn.

- I am almost done with college after a 12 year absence. I have about a year and a half left.

...NEXT

19. kristimom22

kristimom22 Well-Known Member

this is awesome!
    i bet u didn't know that...

when i was little, i wanted b/g twins - then i got older & wiser & wanted 2 kids by the time i turned 35. i had the twins 1.5 months before my 35th birthday!

my aunt is very into geneology & she tells me there are no documented twins EVER on my mom's side.

Bette Davis is my great grandmother's cousin & President Garfield is a great, great... great uncle (my dad's side).

i met Bobby Brown right after New Edition broke up & didn't even know it! my swim team got to sell t-shirts at the cajun dome in lafayette louisiana & the Fresh Fest came through- me & my friend were listening to the different bands rehearse & this guy came & sat next to me & asked how it sounded. i was freaked out ("don't talk to strangers" playing in my head) & said we had to get back to the booth- on the way back my friend was yelling at me- "do you know who that was?! it's bobby brown from new edition!!" oops! another time we were watching billy joel rehearse & he kicked us out!!

i lived in an original homestead in curlew, washington- a VERY small town right on the canadian border- when i was single & 25- lots of survivalists & people avoiding the law! i had to chop wood all winter & learned alot about building a fire!

i have a degree in psychology & use it every single day! :winking0009:

20. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

I swore I would have 2 kids before 30 (I never dreamed they would come all at once at age 28!)

Billy Joel once told me I have no life... because my BF and I camped out for 32 hours for front row tix

I rode horses competitively as a kid

I am a licensed Ham Radio operator

I was a Band Geek, flute and mellophone

I competed in Speech and Debate in HS and College

I won a National Public Speaking competition at age 17.

I have never been to a major league sporting event

I have dated 3.5 gay men (.5.... one of them isn't out of the closet)

My favorite place to go is Nantucket

I dream of visiting Greece, Austria, and Australia

THIS IS FUN! More please!

21. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I played the oboe for 5 years.

I do not drink pop or any type of carbinated drink. When I was little I always described the dislike by saying 'I dont like the bubbles'

I was president of my class in 4th and 8th grade and vp in 7th grade.

Met Goldie Hawn on the set of Wildcats in Chicago (barely remember it though)

Have a very close and great relationship with my 2 older sisters and my mom

Alwyas wanted a dog growing up but would never want one now- (love pets but too much work)

Began my freshman year of college at ISU as a public relations major and switched my soph year to elementary ed major

I was in a snowmobile accident when I was 15 and needed 20 stiches in my face. Luckily, you really cant see it. I was in Wyoming and went an all day snowmobile trip. My dad had just died months before and I had a locket which I kept a dried up rose petal from the funeral. During the trip, the locket opened and the rose petal fell out. About 5 minutes later, I fell about 15 feet (my dh says the heights gets bigger and bigger each time I tell the story!) Anyways, I have always felt like the accident happened because my dad was not close to me at that moment.

Family hosted a fundraiser for 1o years in memory of my dad (georgesjog.com) with all proceeds going to the American Brain Tumor Assocaition. Through those years, we have raised over 250,000 dollars

I love this thread and will be back with more!!!

22. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I am a licensed Ham Radio operator
    Me too, got my license when I was 12, KA1NOJ.

sooo thought of a couple more.........

- I have no cousins
    - One of my favorite things when I was growing up was being a Rainbow girl (International Order of the Rainbow for Girls). I invited a fellow TS'er over for dinner, she worked in my town and was going through some things I too had experienced so I was reaching out. I walked into my dining room after going to check the stove and found her standing at the table looking at my china closet with all my Rainbow memorabilia. Come to find out we were in Rainbow at the same time and she was currently (still is, go Kim!!!) the Mother Advisor (head honcho) of her local Assembly (chapter, group) in her town. Definitely a small world!!

23. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I bet you didn’t know that:

I still live on the same street I grew up on. I bought the house next to my parents.

There are about 15 motorcycles in my basement.

My SIL is now touring with Tim McGraw & Faith Hill.

I’ve known my DH and my In-Laws practically all my life. We all live on the same street.

I dislike clowns.

I LOVE Halloween but get nervous when I can't see the person behind the mask especially the Easter Bunny and/or Santa either.

I am not a big fan of Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta-Jones. My children just so happen to share their names.

Katherine & Michael were born on my Parent’s 43rd Anniversary.
    I was born on my Grandparent’s Anniversary.

I don’t drink coffee but like coffee ice cream. I don’t drink tea either.

I have a 2 inch pin in my right ankle.

I walk and talk in my sleep. Poor DH!

I met my Best Friend in kindergarten and she is still one of my Best Friends.

Like others: I have never made coffee or mowed a lawn.

OK, maybe some of these you already new……..

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD!

24. TTTSMiracleMom

TTTSMiracleMom Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know that.......

I am a single mother trying to raise 5 sons, working 2 jobs and have my 3 toddlers in daycare only 14 hours per week
    I had 2 c-sections exactly 36 weeks apart, totalling 3 babies born in 8 months
    I was the model for the stupidest book ever made: "Cheerleading is for Me"
    Ed Gaines (the serial killer in WI who the movie "Silence of the Lambs" was based on) is my uncle -- he married into the family and I never met him thank God
    There have been 6 people in the maternal side of my family who have been decapitated in accidents since I've been alive (how weird is that?)
    I am blonde haired/blue eyed but am a Chippewa indian (my mother is registered with the tribe but I haven't bothered)
    I got my belly button pierced before it was popular and it hurt so much that even though I found out 3 days later I was pregnant, I left that stupid ring in all the way through my pregnancy including my delivery -- had a liberal doctor :)
    I bought my first home when I was 18
    I am legally disabled but NOBODY would ever know it
    I was voted "Most Intelligent" and "Most likely to Succeed" in 6th grade -- boy, were they wrong!

25. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

I have dated 3.5 gay men (.5.... one of them isn't out of the closet)

:rofl: Sorry I had to laugh at this. I actually have an aunt that was married to 2 different gay men...one right after the other. And she had a kid with each of them!! Neither came out of the closet until a couple years after they divorced. The first one actually had the last name of GAY too!! She hasn't had a lotta luck with men. Hubby #3 was an alcoholic and beat her. She FINALLY found a good one in hubby #4. They have been married for abt 20 years now.

26. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I thought of a few more...

-I was on the cover of the JCPenney Catalog in the early 80's, and modeled here and there until I was three.

-My ex-boyfriend (who I still talk to...we almost got married) and his wife gave birth to their daughter 10 minutes before I gave birth to our second son. She went into labor early, I was scheduled to be induced that day.

-My paternal grandmother was an identical twin. They were the first pair in the family and our's will be the second set.

-Both of DH's grandmothers are/were twins. His maternal grandmother's sister died shortly after birth.

-In high school, I wrote an article for the school paper that caused so much controversey that it was covered by the local news. I had to write an apology to the school, which was also featured in the local papers.

-I got fired from Dairy Queen for blowing up the Blizzard machine.

27. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I LOVE Mexican food. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The spicier the better....

Oh, same here! They can't bring me enough of the rice, I LOVE it... what makes it better is to pour the chesse sauce over it! YUMMY!

28. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Fun reading about everyone!

Did you know:
    I went to Israel for 6 weeks when I was 16, and climbed Masada, camped at its base, missed the Golan Heights with a twisted ankle, and the Desert with dehydration. I did get to spend 2 weeks in Jerusalem and Haifa, and can't wait to go back one day.

Met Carl Banks--was on the Giants in the 1980's

My grandpa was my orthodontist and took my braces off for the summers

My MIL was an ID twin, but DH was adopted

DH would love to call Jonathan, "Jack" so he can call the boys Jack Ryan and Marcus vis a vie The Hunt for Red October

My older brother was the producer of his middle school new program--his anchor was Helen Slater--of SuperGirl fame

29. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(BaaRamEwe @ Jun 18 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]297100[/snapback]
    OOOOOOO, OOOOOOOO Who is it. I live for OLTL every day.

It's Trevor St. John... Todd :wub:

~I am named for my dad and his dad... Sarah Reid, Reid Scott, and Reid Sumner.

~John was conceived on my honeymoon in the middle of the Atlantic (no, not in the water! on a cruise ship!).

~I flunked out of college the first year with a .7 grade point average. :blink: TOO MUCH DRINKING!

~I finally achieved a Master's Degree.

~I have a picture of K&P when they were 2 day old blasts.

~I was a Creative Memories consultant and have completed 20 albums already.

~I am related to Art Carney (of the Honeymooners)

~My favorite books are Harry Potter and LOTR

~My DH and I walked into our reception to the Theme song from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the TV show)

~I am a soap opera freak, esp. DOOL, Y&R, AMC, OLTL and GH.

:wavey:

30. bkimberly

bkimberly Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know about me that....

I once drove a Yugo and managed to put 50,000 miles on it in one year! I went everywhere until we found out it was dangerous to drive and my dad made me get rid of it!

I have been to see Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Poison, Ozzy Osbourne, Van Hager, Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Great White, Def Leppard, Clint Black, Alabama, Pat Green, Shania Twain, Aerosmith, Jimmy Buffett, Jerry Jeff Walker, Metallica, Alice Cooper, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Kiss, Ziggy Marley, and INXS in concert!!

I secretly married my husband a year and a half before we had the "Big" wedding...family still doesn't know about it.

I dated Jeff Suppan (pitcher for the Brewers, and was with the Cardinals last year) for a short time after I met him in Hawaii...I didn't hear from him after I stood him up when I didn't go watch his team (the Red Sox at the time) play opening day in 1997. Ironically, I am now a HUGE Red Sox fan thanks to Dave, my husband.

I was treated so badly by the fans at Yankee stadium that if it ever burns down I am pretty sure I will be in the top 10 list of suspects.

Oh and Dave proposed to me during the movie Jaws!

Unless I am wearing a skirt, I usually go commando!!!!

31. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know that......

I was a hand/nail model in middle and high school (they sure wouldn't use these things now!! :rolleyes: )
    I knew from the first minute my husband and I spoke that we would be married......very eerie!
    My grandfather was friends with Clarke Gable while they were in the war together
    I have met and held a conersation with Charles Barkley, and I was not impressed (ego issues!)
    My dad went to Ronald Reagan's funeral, and a photographer took his pic which was featured in Time magazine
    I am a 5th generation native Floridian, which is pretty rare around here
    I went to my first UF football game when i was 6 months old
    I could eat seafood at every meal every day :wub:
    I actually saw vanilla Ice in concert twice!! :umm:

Next....

32. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

I was a contestant on the "Price is Right" in 1991. I won over $42,000 (2 cars, $1 on the wheel ($1000) and showcase)

I was shy as a child :rotflmbo: and apparently did not utter a word in nursery school.

My favorite hotel (ever) "Grand Wailea" in Maui.

New York over LA.

Hate "know it alls", rude people and bad breath.

Was a biology major in college but took over 6yrs of French.

33. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(gatormommy @ Jun 19 2007, 07:22 PM) [snapback]299235[/snapback]
    I am a 5th generation native Floridian, which is pretty rare around here
    I actually saw vanilla Ice in concert twice!! :umm:

Me too!!!!!

Also, in high school I was a state winning public speaker for 4-H.
    I never went to kindergarten and skipped 3rd grade.
    I showed steers in the county fair for ten years.
    I hate the circus.
    I am TERRIFIED of heights.
    I have degrees from UF in Agriculture Education and Communications.
    I dated my DH for 8 years before we were married.
    I talk to my mom every day.
    I love fried egg plant and ribeye steaks.

Next....

34. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Debb-i @ Jun 20 2007, 01:52 AM) [snapback]299491[/snapback]
    I was a contestant on the "Price is Right" in 1991. I won over $42,000 (2 cars, $1 on the wheel ($1000) and showcase)

I was shy as a child :rotflmbo: and apparently did not utter a word in nursery school.

My favorite hotel (ever) "Grand Wailea" in Maui.

New York over LA.

Hate "know it alls", rude people and bad breath.

Was a biology major in college but took over 6yrs of French.

That is awesome you won on PIR. You should post video of your show for us.

I collect James Dean stuff and have a whole room
    I have a huge James Dean Tattoo on my back
    I was extremly accident prone as a child but never broke a bone
    One of my first conerts was the Monkees
    I am a closet N Sync fan Still!!!
    I would marry Rickie Martin if he asked.

35. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

These are so fun to read and made me think of more!

I won two regional speaking contests when I was in 5th and 6th grades. But I am a naturally very shy person and am, as an adult, terrified of public speaking.

I took tap lessons for 7 years. I took piano lessons for 10 years.

I have been in lust with Steven Tyler for over 30 years, since I first listened to Toys in the Attic when I was 13 years old. Original member of the Blue Army here!!

DH and I have lived in 9 states in our married life.

I am a HUGE Rescue Me fan and would 'do' Denis Leary in a heartbeat. :blush:

I love the water but really never learned to swim. (Long story)

My MIL is Colombian.

My kids have no first cousins since I am an only child and DH's siblings (2 brothers and a sister) are not married nor have any children.

My favorite city is New York. I moved directly there from my hometown in Wisconsin (pop. 250).

My first concert at age 10 was Pat Boone! (Shhhh, don't tell Steven.)

I am a total health food freak, buy organic whenever possible, and am totally into holistic/alternative medicine.

I participated in my first ever 1/2 marathon at the Inaugural Knoxville Marathon two years ago at age 42!

DH is my first 'real' boyfriend ever. We've been together since I was 18 and he was 21. That was 26 years ago. We've been married for 22 years.

Freddie Mercury is my all-time favorite vocalist ever. (Again, shhhh, don't tell Steven. :D )

I am scared to death of frogs, toads, lizards and snakes.

I was baptized as an infant on my parents' first wedding anniversary, 8/26/62. Sean was baptized as an infant on 8/26/90, my parents 29th anniversary and the same day as my baptismal anniversary.