I bet you didn't know that....

Discussion in 'General' started by rheamay, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Jennifer Jean

Jennifer Jean Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't know:

In 1990 my Aunt and Uncle won 3.5 million in the Florida lottery and took the entire family on both sides on a Disney World cruise.

That same Aunt had the winning numbers for the 12 million dollar lottery but didn't play that day because she wasn't feeling well.

I got my Bachelor in Fine Arts at Jersey City State College when my x-hubby was stationed in Bayonne NJ

I got my Masters in Elem. Ed at the University of Houston and taught art for 7 years here in TX where I grew up.

I currently am starting my own business painting murals and have my own "website in progress": cloud9creations.net

I met my husband now when he parked a fire truck in front of my house- we were married before we knew each other a year and pregnant right at the 1st year mark...we had 3 kids in 3 years and will be celebrating 5 years together on 7/27

2. Jennifer Jean

Jennifer Jean Well-Known Member

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Jun 19 2007, 05:36 PM) [snapback]298561[/snapback]
    I do not drink pop or any type of carbinated drink. When I was little I always described the dislike by saying 'I dont like the bubbles'

Me too! I hate soft drinks...Don't like ANYTHING carbonated.... I also don't like coffee (the only "coffee" I drink is a mocha frappaccino) or tea.

3. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Jun 19 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]299564[/snapback]
    I would marry Rickie Martin if he asked.
    And just how would Devon feel about this? :lol:

4. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JakoBen @ Jun 19 2007, 05:17 AM) [snapback]297954[/snapback]
    -I have two sisters. I am the middle child.

QUOTE(RondaJo @ Jun 19 2007, 01:13 AM) [snapback]297599[/snapback]
    [*] Some of my mom's anscestors were gypsies.

Me too!

5. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

I speak an uncommon, one-country language: Bulgarian. I have to admit that it's quite rusty. :blush:

Virutally everyone with my DH's surname in the US is related to him. Great-grandfather produced 9 sons and so on. We thought our twins would be the hit of the family reunion last summer. One of the distant cousins had TWO sets. We got out-twinned. :laughing:

We have spent our entire marriage living outside the US (we're both Americans).

I attended 8 schools from k-12th grade.

Both of my parents (and my step-dad) are returned US military.

I would marry Colin Firth, even if he didn't ask. :p

I live just miles from the equator and have stood on the middle of the earth.

6. bkimberly

bkimberly Well-Known Member

I have also seen Vanilla Ice...back in the day, he was THE BOMB!!!!

I also saw MC Hammer, and the Eagles (I can now die and go to heaven).

My favorite color is white.

I have a recurring dream of being back in high school and I am either late to Algebra, can't find my locker or forgot to go altogether and then realize halfway through that I missed it. Not sure what it means, but it is trying to tell me something!

I love to stay in bed on rainy days.

When I was pregnant I craved Nutter Butters and watermelon! I considered it the NBs a source of protein!

7. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bkimberly @ Jun 20 2007, 11:10 PM) [snapback]300753[/snapback]
    I love to stay in bed on rainy days.

Me too!!!

And every other day as well. :D :lol:

8. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

I thought of a few more...

* I'm totally and completely addicted to buying AND selling on Craigslist. I've actually looked around my house and thought "I don't use that very often, wonder what I could get for it." :)

* My DH is six years younger than me.

* I've never experimented with any recreational drugs (apparently that makes me an anomaly)

* I never had a job at all until I left my XH and started college at 24. I got my first PT job to support my kids as best I could and I got my first ever FT job after I completed my first degree, in 1999. Now, I'm an authority in my field (at least that's what they keep telling me).

* When I stretch my arms out straight, my elbows bend backwards. It grosses out DH. :D

* I'm a movie nut. I love to watch all kinds of movies. I don't know if I could really pick a favorite, because that would depend on the genre, my mood, etc. But, my stand-by always-in-the-mood-to-watch-it movie is The 5th Element. :unknw: If movies had nutritional value, that one would be somewhere along the lines of a whole bag of potato chips or a bacon double cheeseburger!

9. billandginastwins1

billandginastwins1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Laura in Alaska @ Jun 21 2007, 02:09 AM) [snapback]300966[/snapback]
    I thought of a few more...

* When I stretch my arms out straight, my elbows bend backwards. It grosses out DH. :D

Me too!!!

A few more for me too:

* my favorite color is orange

*I am Italian and Hungarian

*I have lived around the Pittsburgh area my entire life...even went college here...

Will post more when I think of them!!!

10. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

I just thought of a few more:

I never did drugs, drank any alcohol, nor touched a cigarette.

I never hung out with friends later than 11.

I have no American ancestry. All Eastern European, including from my husband's side.

I come from a family of 11, my husband from a family of 14.

I won a raffle from the event benefitting the Jewish infertility organization - a beautiful girls bedroom furniture set and an expensive master bedroom linen set.

I was born and still live in the same area of about a 2 mile radius. In this area we moved over 20 times throughout the years.

My brother is way over 6 feet tall.

When I'm nervous or tense I pick the skin off my lips until they bleed (and it drives my dh nuts).

11. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

Wow! I just read all 6 pages! Very interesting!

I bet you didn't know that ...

- my DH is 14 years older than me
    - I have a 22 year old step daughter and a 21 year old step son
    - my step daughter is currently running for Miss BC World
    - my FIL was born in Poland in 1920 and fought in WWII at the age of 19. He was captured twice. He escaped a German concentration camp and was later caught and sent to Siberia. From there was sent to Africa and then to England and fought for the British. He has some very amazing stories.
    - in 1999 DH and I took a group of about 20 teenagers and 5 adults on a bus trip from Williams Lake, BC, to New York City. Our church owned a greyhound bus and we drove for 3 days straight, only stopping for 2 hours a day for supper. All other meals were made and eaten on the bus. Our oldest DD was on the trip with us and was only 10 1/2 months at the time.
    - I don't think I've ever met anyone famous but DH used to work security at Vancouver International Airport and met many famous people.
    - DH was at one of the '72 Canada/Russia games (hockey) and has autographs from everyone on the Canadian team and some of the Russians too. He has tons of memorabilia from that series.
    - My favorite hockey player is Mario Lemieux

12. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

* I've never experimented with any recreational drugs (apparently that makes me an anomaly)

Well I guess that makes me an anomaly with you! :)

13. katie3girlies+1

katie3girlies+1 Active Member

QUOTE(Debb-i @ Jun 19 2007, 06:52 PM) [snapback]299491[/snapback]
    My favorite hotel (ever) "Grand Wailea" in Maui.

That's my favorite, too!

14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Well I guess that makes me an anomaly with you!

me three - I've never even smoked a regular cigarette!

15. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Jun 21 2007, 04:17 PM) [snapback]302197[/snapback]
    me three - I've never even smoked a regular cigarette!

Me neither! I also have never drank a drop of alcohol in my life!!

16. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

QUOTE(missmomoftwins @ Jun 21 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]301511[/snapback]

Well I guess that makes me an anomaly with you! :)

Count me in with the anomalies.

17. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

In high school, I wrote an article for the school paper that caused so much controversey that it was covered by the local news. I had to write an apology to the school, which was also featured in the local papers.

Just wondering wot it woz about - if I'm not being too curious

thanks

amanda