I can't sleep!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Danibell, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Anyone else dealing with this already??

I'm little over 24 wks and man is it hard to sleep at night!

Either Liam is kicking (he's laying across the bottom so when he kicks, he kicks my bladder.....and he kicks constantly!!), or I'm having braxton hicks, or my back hurts, or my restless legs are driving me nuts, or I just plain can't fall asleep! I know I didn't hit this stage until into my 3rd tri with my daughter!

I broke down and took tylenol pm last night...oooooo a good nights sleep! I know my ob approved it with my dd so I have used it sparingly this pregnancy, maybe a handful of times so far, when I get so completely exhausted I just want to cry.

2. boog9902

boog9902 Well-Known Member

I am having the same trouble its horrible my nose gets stuffy too do you get that? Being pregnant with twins is totally hard sometimes

3. ashnclin

ashnclin Member

I have that too but now once I get in bed I hate to move because one it's painful and two it takes too much energy.

4. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

I used an array of things to keep me comfy during pregnancy. A warm heating pad or a relaxing bath for my back, a prenatal cradle for support, LOTS of pillows or the recliner for bed, Tylenol PM when I really needed to sleep, I tried not to drink a ton of liquid at night so I wouldnt have to pee every 20 minutes. Hang in there mama!

5. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

thats about when it started for me too. i have found a warm shower at night helps a lot. some stretching and relaxation activity work too. my doc also gave me the ok to take 1mg melatonin at night. it dosn't nock me out (it shouldn't anyway) but it does help to relaxe that extra little bit to sleep better. nothing totally works but these things make the night a little less anoying.

6. Danibell

Oh yes the warm bath or shower definetly helps, that's a nightly thing. Unfortunately it's getting hard to get out of the bathtub too!! lol I avoid the tylenol pm during the week because I need to get up in the morning with my son for school, but at least one night on the weekend I may start taking it, just to get one really good night's sleep!

I also use a body pillow and a couple of small pillows trying to get comfy.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one, I am sure that it was much much later when I got this uncomfy with my daughter! :p

7. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

I've had sleep problems off and on throughout pregnancy--I seem to go through phases--and right now, unfortunately it's "on." I'm big and uncomfortable enough now that I'm guessing I'll keep having the sleep problems through the duration! I've cut back on drinking at night so I usually only have to get up once to use the loo, but often I have a lot of trouble falling asleep again after that. Plus whenever I have to shift positions, it's so much work that it wakes me up! And sometimes I wake up with my back, hips and/or knees really hurting. Ah, good times ... I'll definitely have to try the warm showers at night and maybe even the Tylenol PM!

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I remember those days!!! I made myself a nest in my recliner with like 4 pillows. there were a few times I took Benedryl to help me sleep but for the most part, I was awake most of the night watching tv (which I haven't watched since their birth LOL!) and slept a lot during the day.

9. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

Sorry you are suffering, I am in the same boat too. Sleep, especially good sleep is rare around here.

10. Carols3boysplus2

Carols3boysplus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(boog9902 @ Nov 30 2008, 04:39 PM) [snapback]1091172[/snapback]
    I am having the same trouble its horrible my nose gets stuffy too do you get that? Being pregnant with twins is totally hard sometimes

Me too!! Besides having sleeping problems, I´ve had a stuffy nose for about 2 weeks, at the begginning I had a cold, but not anymore, I wonder if it´s allergy?

11. Danibell

My nose fortunately isn't too stuffy, thanks to the constant stream of zyrtec I take! lol But yes the stuffy nose doesn't help when it IS bothering me!

Carols3 it could be allergies, try some tylenol sinus and see if that helps!