I DID IT! Went out alone with my girls! Thank you ladies!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by axpan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. axpan

axpan Well-Known Member

All your answers to my post about going out on my own made me determined to take this big step. I practiced with dh yesterday- we went out together but he didn't help at all so I did everything on my own.
    I feel like such a hero!! I drove about 20' away to a nice neighborhood with lots of shops and excellent sidewalks and spent about 1.5 hours walking around, getting some shopping done and actually managed to sit and have a cup of coffee and a sandwich. The girls were great. No fussing or crying at all. They smilled and gurgled at shopkeepers and slept while I was walking. The hardest part was getting the stroller in and out of the car and opening and closing it but I think that's just a matter of practice and I'm sure tommorrow it will be easier.
    You can't believe how happy I feel! After 20 weeks of bedrest and 4.5 months going out only a couple times a week with dh and the girls it's about time I start roaming again. I think I will make a goal to go out everyday from now on!
    Thank you so much for your encouragment and stories in ansering my post about going out on your own. It was the push I needed to get over my fears. I don't know if I would have done it without you :)

2. axpan

axpan Well-Known Member

All your answers to my post about going out on my own made me determined to take this big step. I practiced with dh yesterday- we went out together but he didn't help at all so I did everything on my own.
    I feel like such a hero!! I drove about 20' away to a nice neighborhood with lots of shops and excellent sidewalks and spent about 1.5 hours walking around, getting some shopping done and actually managed to sit and have a cup of coffee and a sandwich. The girls were great. No fussing or crying at all. They smilled and gurgled at shopkeepers and slept while I was walking. The hardest part was getting the stroller in and out of the car and opening and closing it but I think that's just a matter of practice and I'm sure tommorrow it will be easier.
    You can't believe how happy I feel! After 20 weeks of bedrest and 4.5 months going out only a couple times a week with dh and the girls it's about time I start roaming again. I think I will make a goal to go out everyday from now on!
    Thank you so much for your encouragment and stories in ansering my post about going out on your own. It was the push I needed to get over my fears. I don't know if I would have done it without you :)

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

[​IMG]YAY MOMMY, WAY TO GO!! There's no stopping you now, you know you can do it!! [​IMG]

4. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

[​IMG] good job mommy! i hope you have continued adventures!

5. Rachel0980

Rachel0980 Well-Known Member

GOOD FOR YOU!!! When I started going out with the girls it made a world of differance for me on a emotional level. It feels so good to be able to go out alone with them just to get yourself out of the house! Good job!

6. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

WTG, now that wasn't so bad, was it? I'm glad you had a fun trip, it sounds like it did everybody good!

7. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

[​IMG] WTG!
    When I went out the first time I was scared to death, but it was great for me & I think the girls loved a change of scenery too.

8. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

Great job! [​IMG]

Yes, it makes a world of difference to get out of the house. And it's nice for the babies to get some fresh air and see the sights a bit.

9. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!! That's all it takes is practice!! [​IMG]

10. EmmaKay

EmmaKay Well-Known Member

That's SO GREAT!!! WTG!!!!

11. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

WOW. I bet that felt great going out. I know I look foward to it myself. I have a 4 and 2 year old and the twins so I know it will be tough the first time but I am getting so ready to give it a try.