i didn't increase my weight

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by liliana, Oct 12, 2010.

1. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

I always was overweight. My weight before got pregnant was 158lb and 15 weeks after is 159lb!
    My pants doesn't fit anymore and my belly is big, the people who don't know that I am pregnant with twins ask me if I already know the gender because they think that I am in my 5th month.

My OB wasn't worried because my belly is growing, but in the next sonogram we going to see how's the things going!

I ot some sick days but about 2 weeks I've been eating normal.

Does anybody got the same problem?

My first pregnancy i lost some weight in the first trimestre but then I increase almost every week, but now it's 2, so I am a little worried!

2. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

I had many weeks when I wouldn't gain an oz and then other weeks I would gain like 3-5lbs.

3. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

When I was pregnant I remember reading a lot of woman on TS complaining of the same types of problems. Everything was always OK though. Just try and stay as stress-free as possible and try not to worry unless the doctors give you a reason to. *hugs*

With my pregnancy I gained, gained, gained. I gained 5-8lbs in 1 week and it started a few weeks after finding out. I think I was up 7lbs by week 9. I started at 143lbs and am 5' 8" tall though. Nowadays I am around 150lbs.

4. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

There are times when you are simply transferring weight so you may not "gain" weight but the babies do because the weight that the scale shows is simply being transferred from you to them! As long as the babies are growing I would not worry. I gained a lot in the beginning like 29 pounds in 18 weeks, Since then I put on from 0-2 pounds a week and the babies are growing and healthy!

5. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

As long as the babies are growing no problem. I only gained 20 lbs with my girls and at one point I actually lost 5lbs around 30 weeks :eek:

6. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

Everybody that just seem once in a while, said that I lost weight, I actually showing my bones in my chest. I never could zip high boots, and now I actually do!!!!
    It's so strange!!!!!
    Next week, I will going to see how my babies are doing and growing!!!

7. lizzbeech

lizzbeech Guest

I definitely wouldn't worry! I work for a dr and a lot of times he would tell a woman who was pg and overweight NOT to gain a lot of weight with the pg! I am sure your babies are doing fantastic! I bet you can't wait to see them in u/s! :)

8. irrelevancy

irrelevancy Well-Known Member

I didn't gain any weight until I was past 20 weeks. As long as the babies are growing well and you are eating well, don't worry! I think the babies take a lot of your energy and the calories just disappear!

9. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

I lost 15lbs in my first 15wks or so, best diet I ever went on :rolleyes: But more than made up for it when my appetite came back around 20wks or so.

10. MamanMag

MamanMag Well-Known Member

Same here, I lost 10lbs until week 16... indeed best diet :) but I'm still gaining slowly... Since my first OB visit I only gained 12 lbs(I guess 22 lbs from week 16, so not too too bad)... and I'm petite to start with (5'5" and 120 lbs) but the babies are doing really good! So don't worry too much and enjoy seeing them on the screen, always a great moment!!! I can't wait to see mine Monday :)

Keep us posted

11. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

As long as your doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't worry about it. In total I only gained 19 lbs (and had 13.5lbs of baby when I delivered!) As long as the babies are growing, which you'll know via u/s and your doctor's measurments, there's nothing to worry about. Just make sure you're eating healthy and all will be well.
    BTW-2 weeks after the boys were born I had lost an extra 10 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight...we still joke that the "twin diet" was the best ever :laughing: