I feel horrible

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Beth*J, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I feel horrible. I put the kids to bed and then went back downstairs. A little while later I heard a big crash and crying so I flew up the steps to see what was wrong. Karina was on the top landing on top of the pressure mount baby gate we keep in the doorway of their room. She wasn't hurt, but was crying. I asked what was wrong and she said, "I going potty." She had been trying to tell me she needed to go potty, but I couldn't hear her. She actually pushed the gate out of the doorway trying to get our of her room to get to the bathroom. She was so disappointed that she went in her pull up. Poor thing. She's been doing so well with PT this time. She's been in cotton training pants since Thursday afternoon and has had very few accidents (mostly poop). I really blew it. :( I did praise her and give her a sticker on her chart because she tried to tell me and to get to the bathroom.

2. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

awe poor sweetie! good job on her part! its so hard to hear every thing!

3. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Keep working, she is obviously getting it, that is great.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Awww, poor baby. These things happen, good for her for trying!

5. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

That stuff happens. Maybe it is time to remove the gate so she can get to the bathroom when she needs it.

6. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Their room is at the top of a VERY steep, long stairway and the only bathroom is downstairs. She has a history of not being steady on her feet when she first wakes up, so we have to keep the gate there for safety.

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It does happen, please don't beat yourself up over it. Could you put a little potty in her room? That's what I do with my daughter during naptime.
    It sounds like she is doing really well with PT-ing!

8. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that happened, but great job for her to know she needed to go! We used to keep a little potty in my girls' room too.

9. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I think I will try a potty in their room tonight, but I have doubts she can get her pull up down by herself. I've been working with her on getting the training pants up and down by herself, but the pull ups are tighter.