I finally seperated them

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cm301263, Sep 5, 2013.

1. cm301263

cm301263 Well-Known Member

My boys turned 3 this past June & altho I still lay them down each day for my sake...they have not napped in over a year. As the weeks & months passed...they got more & more rowdy in their cribs. (yes they are still in a crib for the time being) Anyway...they pull pillow cases off...pull their fitted sheets off....then they pulled the dust ruffle off....then they started doing gymnastics in their cribs...then they would pull their mattress up & standing on those...and the screaming & laughing become terrible.

So a persons initial thought would probably be...well they don't need to nap anymore but my gut said otherwise. Their behavior was not good during the day & I just knew that these guys were worn out.

So the other day I had had enough with their messing around during nap time & got mad :girl_devil: & pulled one of the cribs out & put it in what was their toy/play room. They didn't take me seriously at first & were smiling & giggling at me but then realized that I meant business. After a little fussing..I put them to bed in separate rooms and FINALLY after months.. they laid down & fell asleep.

It turned out that these 2 just needed to unplug ALONE. I wished I had done it long long ago. :headbang:

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Yay for sleeping kids! Hey, sometimes we don't know exactly what they need (it's not like they tell us) so it takes some experimenting. I'm so glad you landed on a solution! Well done, mama!

3. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Ha, sorry it took you so long. We did the same thing at 18 months and they started to sleep so much better - even falling asleep at night became easier. I am so annoyed with myself I didn't do it earlier, I had this notion in my head that they should be together, but I think I was wrong. They are sleeping much better apart. My kids just turned 3 and they still nap most days.

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

When my girls were 3 we began having the same issue. Once we separated them for naps, we got a good 6 month extension on the naps...it was pure bliss!