i found a cool book that says "no sit ups" to lose the twinbelly!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Heather C, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Heather C

Heather C Well-Known Member

i ordered this book called Lose your Mummy Tummy,. and it talks about the separation of the ab muscles,.. and that sit-ups and crunches,. or pilates hundreds actually will make it WORSE! YIKES,. that was where i was headed in my "efforts"...

anyway,. i'm down with anything that excuses you from sit-ups,. y'know? she says basically that binding helps,. and to suck it in real hard as much as you can and then do it in little pulses too,. oh you know and tons of other things too but that's the jist of it.

2. Heather C

i ordered this book called Lose your Mummy Tummy,. and it talks about the separation of the ab muscles,.. and that sit-ups and crunches,. or pilates hundreds actually will make it WORSE! YIKES,. that was where i was headed in my "efforts"...

anyway,. i'm down with anything that excuses you from sit-ups,. y'know? she says basically that binding helps,. and to suck it in real hard as much as you can and then do it in little pulses too,. oh you know and tons of other things too but that's the jist of it.

3. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

Hmm anything to avoid sit ups sounds good to me [​IMG]

wonder if it really works though

4. Kerry1976

Kerry1976 Well-Known Member

what about yoga? I've just got a dvd for postnatal yoga, it's mainly just for stretching though and has been great for my back and shoulders.

Also, what would you use to bind your tummy? Mine I think is mostly just extra skin that has yet to lose it's elastisity, but it is stopping me from getting back into my jeans!!

5. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

please let us know if it is working, at this point i am ready to go under the knife! [​IMG]

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

quote:
    Originally posted by Kerry1976
    Also, what would you use to bind your tummy?

I am wondering this too.

7. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

They sell things called tummy binders, they use them after c-sections. I have one still. [​IMG]

I like yoga myself, it's fun and relaxing!

8. RRTwins

RRTwins Well-Known Member

I have this book and although the techniques sound great in theory, they are very difficult to implement in the "real world". She tells you to hold your stomach in a certain way when you sneeze (who has enough time to think through this and remember to do it before they sneeze??) and to hold your stomache a certain way when you get out of bed, etc etc. Now I don't know about you all, but when I am asleep and am awoken by a crying baby, I am certainly not thinking "I have to hold my stomach this way before I get up!" I am thinking crap not again and jumping up as fast as I can. lol.

9. Heather C

RRTwins,. i totally agree with you on that. how can you remember to sneeze a certain way? i honestly disregarded that entire section and hoped that she wasn't right that if you "jackknife" up out of bed,. you can undo all your hard work,. YIKES! she obviously didn't write this specifically for twin moms. i never will have time to consciously roll over on my side before getting to a sitting position. having said that though,. the foundation exercises have been working for me,. even in a matter of a week. they are hard to do but i managed to zip my jeans yesterday, and that was all the proof i needed! YEAH!!!!

10. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Good job on zipping those pants !!

Ok now, dont hold back, pass on the info...tell us in great detail all about the exercizes....PLEASE. This chubby mommy is desperate [​IMG]

11. Heather C

this will sound so stupid but basically you "suck it in" in a really controlled way,. and hold it while somehow still breathing. HA then you also suck it in in little pulses. if your bellybutton is level one and your spine is 6,. suck it in from one to five,. hold it,.. then pulses from like level three to five as many as you can (this is my variation) then suck in hard and hold it again,.. etc as many times as you can remember to in the day. she's also big on kegels for the pelvic floor.

12. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Heather, that really does sound like set of yoga excersizes I do. They really work well!

And hey- congrats on zipping those jeans! [​IMG] [​IMG]