I have a Cruiser ... and I win Worst Mom of the Day award

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by kendraplus2, Aug 31, 2007.

1. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Chase just started cruising on furniture! He walked along the ottoman and then went from the ottoman to the coffee table, yay!

But then I was folding laundry and they thought the laundry basket was the world's greatest invention, they both pulled up on it and were having a ball, I was holding on to the basket so it wouldn't tip, I thought Chase had a good grip, but in one second he let go and crashed into the entertainment center. :( He has a huge black and blue mark on his forehead above his nose and over his eye. He seems fine, he cried for about 30 seconds and now he's smiling and everything ... but I totally win Worst Mom award. I shouldn't have let him do that so close to the entertainment center, I thought I was RIGHT THERE, but I wasn't fast enough. :( Poor guy. DH is going to flip when he gets home.

2. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Kids get bruises and you are not a bad mommy today! Hopefully your Dh will "get it"! This will be the first of MANY!

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Congrats on the cruiser! :hug99: to you and Chase. PP is right...one of many boo boos!

4. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

Congrats on the cruisers! To quote my DH, "they are not getting the full kid experience if they don't end up with a couple of bumps and bruises"...

5. Shannon123

Shannon123 Well-Known Member

Have no fear I got the worst Mommy award the other day. My DS was rolling around and cruisin as he does when in a blink of an eye he was here one minute and than he was fighting with the coffee table. The coffee table won and gave him a little goose egg that thankfully did not leave a bruise but scared me half to death. I tell ya they can move quicker than the blink of an eye.

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

oh wow!! I can't believe you have a cruiser already!!! and you are so NOT the worst mother! you are a great mother!
    :hug99: , Heather

7. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

It happens so fast...there is NOTHING you can do to prevent it! I mean you could get rid of all of the furniture in your home....hehe and you would need to pad the walls....it is just all part of their learning process....I have two teenage boys...they are 13 months apart.....and we were and still are constantly at the dr/ER for something...My 15 yo had a broken nose in Feb. and a foot that was broken in 3 places in May.....I just take it all in stride!

Good luck....

Missy
    :)

8. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

:hug99: :hug99: One for both of you!! I'm sure he's fine!!! DH always says " I think you're more upset about it than (DD)" Usually, he's right ;)