I have a question

Discussion in 'General' started by stinkyhobo10, Jan 31, 2008.

1. stinkyhobo10

stinkyhobo10 Well-Known Member

I am 15. I am new to this forum. Anyways I have an identicle twin sister. Right now we are doig indoor track. We do everything together also, such as we both take the same classes, play volleyball, run track, ect. Anyways during this volleyball season I was moved up to varsity because they needed a setter (my position) not an outside hitter (hers). And that wa sa big ordeal. So then last weekend at our track meet my 4x2 team won varsity jackets. She wasn't on the 4x2 team so she didn't earn hers. Theres also a lot more but those are the major things. I feel bad because i want to suceed but I want her to do well also. So I was just wondeirng if any of you parents have experienced something simular to this?

2. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm not a mom, just a twin.

There are always going to be things where one of you gets to do something and the other does or one does well in something and the other doesn't do quite as well. (grades, sports, boys) It does make you feel bad for your twin, espcially when you want them to be as happy or accompleshed as you are, but unfortunatly there is always going to be inequity.

How does your sister feel about you doing better at track? It could be that shes just happy for you. Does she have anything that shes done "better" than you?

3. stinkyhobo10

stinkyhobo10 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kendra @ Jan 31 2008, 10:42 PM) [snapback]599949[/snapback]
    I'm not a mom, just a twin.

There are always going to be things where one of you gets to do something and the other does or one does well in something and the other doesn't do quite as well. (grades, sports, boys) It does make you feel bad for your twin, espcially when you want them to be as happy or accompleshed as you are, but unfortunatly there is always going to be inequity.

How does your sister feel about you doing better at track? It could be that shes just happy for you. Does she have anything that shes done "better" than you?

She does the triple jump and it was quite obvious from the begining that I could not jump at all. And we usually have very simular grades but most of the time hers are a little higher and she always does better than me in the over all average of all the grades. It doesn't bother me though. I feel like she is unable to stand without me that I am her constant crutch. I just wish she could be happy for herself and her accomplishments rather than comparing herself to me all the time. I know she is happy for me but she mad at herslef for not being as good as me. I just don't want that to build up on her one day and eventually have her snap. I love her to death and I still need her more than I should but I feel like this "better" thing she has going to being a wedge.

4. annikaRAWR

annikaRAWR Well-Known Member

I'm a quad, im 16.
    and although she is your sister, you should let her hold you back.
    you dont need to be the same as her because you feel bad, she will accomplish things you might not and thats great!
    i love seeing the differences in me and my sisters, what fun would it be if we all accomplished the same things at the same times? ...we're all very different people and it would make me mad if everything I did, they did too.

follow your heart, its very important :)

5. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

I know you feal bad, but you deserve to get your varsity jacket! If you're worried, than why don't you talk to her? Make sure she knows that you won't be mad at her for being jealous of you, and wanting to be better. Have you ever been jealous of her? If so, it may help to tell her about it, so she knows that you understand how she feals.

6. Gisela

Gisela Member

I'm an identical twin too. I'm 22 and a few weeks ago found out that I'm having twins. My sister and I are very close and even have the same group of friends. Which of course leads to competition ect. We decided together to leave Brasil and attend the same university in the U.S. Always before I felt overshadowed by her but finally I realized myself. Our troubles were always socially related. She had been in a relationship for 3 years and then I became engaged. She siad she was happy ect. but jealousy was obvious. It's better now. And since I found out about the twins something has changed better for us. It's hard to explain. And being away from eachother..an ocean away for the first time is so difficult. Luckily DH is close in age and relationship to his little sister so he can slightly imagine (he says) what this like for us.