I have FINALLY decided on a side by side stroller!!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Kellyx2, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

I have the Graco DuoRider side by side and thought maybe I should have purchased one of the better brands...Combi, Peg Perego, Maclaren, etc. After test driving all of them and reading reviews on line, I am staying with my Graco DuoRider. I love it!!! The best feature is the HUGE storage baskets underneath!!! They are so great and a must have with twins in my opinion!

Things I don't like about the others...

Combi: Storage baskets are too tiny.
    Peg Perego: Storage basket drags on the floor and gets holes.
    Maclaren: Do not like the umbrella handles.

2. Kellyx2

I have the Graco DuoRider side by side and thought maybe I should have purchased one of the better brands...Combi, Peg Perego, Maclaren, etc. After test driving all of them and reading reviews on line, I am staying with my Graco DuoRider. I love it!!! The best feature is the HUGE storage baskets underneath!!! They are so great and a must have with twins in my opinion!

Things I don't like about the others...

Combi: Storage baskets are too tiny.
    Peg Perego: Storage basket drags on the floor and gets holes.
    Maclaren: Do not like the umbrella handles.

3. Carpathia

Carpathia Well-Known Member

Awesome! I was debating between the combi, peg perego, and duorider. I LOVED the large storage baskets under the duorider, but I still ended up going with the combi. It's arriving in the mail soon, I hope it's ok. I just wanted something more lightweight and smaller as I'm a total wimp. I know I won't go out as much if I have to lift a bigger, heavier stroller out of the trunk. If the graco folded down more and was lighter, I would have bought it in a second. I think overall it's the best deal.

Mona

4. dawnmj

dawnmj Well-Known Member

Congrats Kelly.

Mona I went with the Combi for that reason, I have a Saturn and needed something that could fold and fit in my trunk easily.

5. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Kelly, I had decided on the Twin Savvy but am now also considering the DuoRider, mostly for improved storage.

While we are planning to go for a minivan in the fall, I am currently driving a mid-size sedan (Maxima). I'm curious what kind of car do you have and how would you rate the ease of getting it in/out of the car? Is it as heavy/cumbersome as others are making it sound?

Also, do the seats of the RIDER incline to a full 90 degrees?

Thanks for helping me with my field research! [​IMG]

6. Kellyx2

I drive a Mazda 5 which is considered a wagon. I haven't put it in the car yet but I don't think I will have any trouble at all getting it in there. I was practicing opening and closing it in the house and yes, it is a little heavier than the Combi but not enough to make me not want it. The storage space completely outweighs the increased weight in my opinion. The seats recline back all the way and sit up all the way as well. I've read reviews where people complain about the Combi because the seats are too reclined. My girls seemed very comfortable in it when we test drove it in the house! LOL The only annoying thing about it was the clamp or whatever you call it that holds it together in the folded position. I think they could have designed it a bit better.

7. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Thanks...good to hear this.

I think 85% of the "keep-it-closed" clamps suck.

I went to BRU today to check out Savvy, Rider, and Aria. They only had the Aria. [​IMG] But, I think you've sold me on the Rider anyway b/c storage (& comfortable babies) is way more important to me than lifting 3 extra pounds in/out of my car.

Thanks again.